• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Maybe we will have morality system in game? Like if you use lot's of angel abilities, your hair will become white and etc., and if you will use demon abilities, dante will look like he did in previous trailers
hmmmm...this could be an interesting concecpt

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thoughts about the first trailer:
It's like DMC meets Bayonetta! I'm not kidding! The whole leaping from one floating rock to the next thing? And the devil trigger, eg. the part where he triggers into the white-haired Dante version? That would be what is called 'witch-time' in Bayonetta. So my question is, do you just trigger it at whim, or do you have to dodge a blow to activate it as well?
Also, was the sun just shining in my face? Seriously?! How the hell am I supposed to see when the light practically blinds the fight?!

Second trailer:
*cough*stalker!*cough* LOL
Can the narrators just SHUT UP?!?!?! I want to hear what's going on! :mad:
The music sounds bad-ass ^_^
Oh. And. I KNOW THAT VOICE!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG, I KNOW THAT VOICE!!!!!!!!!!! *fangirl spasm*

Fazon

OK i was one of the fans that was mad azz ****, but he looks better, gameplay looks like DMC. just need 2 be a little faster, some little more improvement's but now I have HOPE 4 DMC 2 BE GREAT. put Vergil in and am sold x20 :D

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Dante's voiiiiiceee.*fanboy squeel*Still waiting on story though.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Thoughts about the first trailer:
It's like DMC meets Bayonetta! I'm not kidding! The whole leaping from one floating rock to the next thing? And the devil trigger, eg. the part where he triggers into the white-haired Dante version? That would be what is called 'witch-time' in Bayonetta.

I know what you mean, while watching it I was thinking it was similar to Bayonetta; but not for the same reasons. What made me think of Bayonetta was that the humans in the real world turn into see-through silhouettes, just like in Bayonetta.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm starting to feel disappointed with the gameplay. I mean they showed a hand ful of moves that were in the trailers but not in this demo. like evading, uppercut, rising rainstorms, dashing on the ground, taunts, and like it was said before the stinger, (i'm guessing his stinger is more like Nero's now) there was no sythe spinning like rebellion.
The weapons are like heavenly sword with a fast, medium and a slow attack. Not exactly like heavenly sword but the idea is there.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the demo itself was alright just couldn't hear anything over the japanese commentators.

gameplay concerns i wont get into since i dont have it in front of plus i am not a hardcore dmc player so i will judge when i play it.
only problem i had was that i couldnt tell the axe apart from the scythe.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm starting to feel disappointed with the gameplay. I mean they showed a hand ful of moves that were in the trailers but not in this demo. like evading, uppercut, rising rainstorms, dashing on the ground, taunts, and like it was said before the stinger, (i'm guessing his stinger is more like Nero's now) there was no sythe spinning like rebellion.
The weapons are like heavenly sword with a fast, medium and a slow attack. Not exactly like heavenly sword but the idea is there.

I totally agree. It's like the trailers were screaming "This is what you can do in the game" and when it came to the demo, the person playing just totally left those moves out and just spammed the 'chain/hook/whip' thing. I think we need to see another demo with someone playing it to its full potential.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think they should just do whatever their doing and just release a demo of it within the year. Theres something about watching Hack and Slash playthroughs that really **** me off. Its like they're trying not to have fun playing it. He spammed the whip constantly and he never used his dash to dodge. It was so pathetic. And also he was randomly pressing buttons. Maybe it was just a button test but on a live demo at a TGS, i would of at least had some type of combo lined up, just to show off the game. At least the moves seemed alright, and the weapon switching happens pretty smoothly so thats good.
demo first then a release date

A guy from Ninja Theory made an opinion about how the "Trigger" works. Since the only time u see dante in his "trigger" form is when he's in the air, maybe the main goal is to kill all the enemies while their in the air and once they hit the ground, thats when its turned back off. I bet if you kill all of the enemies before they hit the ground u might be rewarded with something

Last edited by a moderator:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
A guy from Ninja Theory made an opinion about how the "Trigger" works. Since the only time u see dante in his "trigger" form is when he's in the air, maybe the main goal is to kill all the enemies while their in the air and once they hit the ground, thats when its turned back off. I bet if you kill all of the enemies before they hit the ground u might be rewarded with something
i think that's how it works, but i think its reverse i believe the trigger ends when dante hits the ground

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
ooohh :0 tht was great :D Im luving the gameplay!!! I think it looks great ^_^ and Dante looks amzing o.o luv this look better than the original design for him (i think he looks yummeh now xD) and his voice!!! HIS VOICE HIS VOICE HIS VOICE :eek:.......also sounds yummeh :D oh and whos the girl in the beginning of the second trailer o.o maybe we'll find out if NT MAKES A STORY TRAILER *hint hint wink wink*

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
ooohh :0 tht was great :D Im luving the gameplay!!! I think it looks great ^_^ and Dante looks amzing o.o luv this look better than the original design for him (i think he looks yummeh now xD) and his voice!!! HIS VOICE HIS VOICE HIS VOICE :eek:.......also sounds yummeh :D oh and whos the girl in the beginning of the second trailer o.o maybe we'll find out if NT MAKES A STORY TRAILER *hint hint wink wink*

ah yes..
the female boner.
such a beautiful thing to witness

aoshi

OMG!!! That were some amazing footages of the game.More air-borne combat.I can't beleive wat pros would make outa the game if noobs can be air-borne for such a long time.And dante looks much better in the footages.I am so looking forward to this game.

FatDemon

You and me both sis, I'm super hyped and His Voice Is SO AWESOME !!!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
It gives me some hope; Smooth gameplay (although a lil slow IMO), great graphics, good combos (puttin aside the repetition, the guy playing doesnt play good enough) and Dante is Dante(almost). NT is doing a fine job. But will there be those fighting styles of Dante??

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
you know i was thinking, maybe the reason there alot of reptetive combos is because this is early in the game, and the player has a limited amount of combos until the player can upgrade, plus the person that was playing the demo was of course spamming that chain/whip way too much

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
^Dude, you may be right. Beyond obvious spamming, he might have a very limited number of moves for those repetitive combos. Nice point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom