• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMG!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
or maybe the more enemies you kill u gain experiance points and you spend them however you want

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
One can only hope. Let's give them some time, it could very well be simple demos where they show off very few elements of the gameplay.

However I have a friend who's afraid that regenerating health will be present in this game. A good way to accommodate to both styles of players is have the easier difficulties have it, whilst the harder difficulties don't. I'm sure there's a better one, I just personally can't think of it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
One can only hope. Let's give them some time, it could very well be simple demos where they show off very few elements of the gameplay.

However I have a friend who's afraid that regenerating health will be present in this game. I good way to accommodate to both styles of players is have the easier difficulties have it, whilst the harder difficulties don't. I'm sure there's a better one, I just personally can't think of it.
if there is regenerating health i will be highly disappointed, that is a big fear of mine as well

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If the make it all hard it wouldn't attract new fans, don't you think?
I think there will be a dozen of nice challenges and difficulties for us veterans.
this is true i see what you're saying, as long as they'll have a health bar for us hardcore fans i'll stay happy, because im happy with everything i've seen so far

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Wow, I really don't know what to say or where to begin. There are several things I'm glad they showed us in the trailers. And a few things I'm sceptical about.

To begin with, Dante talks. Thank God he actually says things. Secondly, liking the female character. She seems like a cool new character. The male/female relationship they have going on kind of reminds me of the relationship The Prince had with Farah, from Prince Of Persia. The 'chain/whip' being used to essentially grapple is cool, it shows that the move is not just combat based like I had hoped it wouldn't be. The part where he pulls the demonic eye out of the wall and destroys it is cool. The fact that Dante can't just destroy enemies in a few hits, makes it more challenging. The fact we saw Dante get hit a few times in the trailers. That shows that it's not going to be easy. The fact that there appears to be a jump button now. The cool stylish moves Dante shows off with his abilities. The air time you can gain and the connectivity with weapons. The environments look tasteful.

Concerns however do not elude me. I'm not completely feeling the fast paced action just yet. I think that it could be a little more challenging in terms of combat. Even when Dante Devil Triggers in the trailers, enemies don't die quicker. It appears they are still just as difficult to destroy even when Dante is meant to be more powerful. For instance, Dante used his Devil Trigger ability and time slowed down. But he only managed to defeat one enemy whilst that was happening. To me that's quite poor, he should of been able to destroy two in that time at the very minimum. The combat seems to rely mostly on the 'chain/whip' attack. It seems that move to keep combos going is overused to begin with. This could make the rest of the game seem very dull, because it'll be like you're spamming the same move over and over again. There's no heads up display that we can see. The game doesn't appear to have much to it at the moment. You start the game, defeat a few enemies and then jump to a few areas to proceed.

But having said all that, I'm more positive than negative about this game. My main criticisms right now would be that it needs to be a bit faster. Dante needs to appear more demonic in the game. And enemies need to die easier when he has Devil Triggered. There needs to be a bit more gore also. If they do all of these things, then it'll be a great game in my opinion.

I have faith in Ninja Theory that they have made this game to the best of their ability. As of now I would like more understanding of the story, because they didn't show us anything in the trailers. They showed us a relationship between Dante and the female character, but not a story. I'm sure when you get more into the game, then there'll be more cool things made clear to us. It's still too early to call. I'm hopeful and a bit doubtful.

So yeah, not all supporters are totally into this game and saying it's awesome and liking everything about it. I think you'll find that not one person here likes everything they've seen, and doesn't have some area of doubt or concern for the game.

Meg

There you go, Meg. Some better footage with the gameplay, as you asked for.
Right because the world revolves around me and NT totally showed that footage just to make me happy. XD

Honestly though, interesting environments, didn't watch with sound so I can't comment on that, and combat...yeah its a better look, but honestly I'm not impressed.

FatDemon

I just now heard that the security camera at the beginning says ,,Dante,, with a demonic voice ... OOOOOOOR I'm just crazy :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If its not too much trouble...Could someone post some screen shots PLEASE?
I can't watch the videos... not enough MB left on my internet and plus it's too slow to load vids.

A shot of this girl you've mentioned would be good too.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom