• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Old Man Dante Vs Old Man Kratos

Old Man Dante vs Old Man Kratos

• Old Man Dante

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Old Man Kratos

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
The age old question is being asked again. Only this time with age old heroes. So between these two worn out heroes who do you think has the upper hand and why?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
PS. Dante isn't that old he's like mid 40s (granted by anime standards he probably would be).

probably old man kratos.

DarkSlayer54

I'd vote for Dante. Dante seems to get more and more powerful, and age doesn't seem to be hindering him.

Even at Kratos' prime, I'd probably vote for Dante if he's in his DT form.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I feel like this question is better asked when we know more about the story. From the trailers, old man Dante (though he doesn't seem that old overall) seems to be his usual self so not much has changed there. Old man Kratos has much more of a 'I've done so much **** in the past but I'm old now and so through with it' vibe.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don’t know, but unless they’re using zimmer-frames then I’m not interested.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not sure that's fair. Dante is not as old as Kratos. Kratos is provably around 60 or over and Dante is provably in his late 30s to early 40s. That's not old. He just looks the part because for whatever reason they put Nero in rags but gave him a clean face and a new hair cut while Dante looks utterly unkempt with shaggy hair, dirty face, a hobo's scruff, and worned out clothes. Makes him look years older.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Not sure that's fair. Dante is not as old as Kratos. Kratos is provably around 60 or over and Dante is provably in his late 30s to early 40s. That's not old. He just looks the part because for whatever reason they put Nero in rags but gave him a clean face and a new hair cut while Dante looks utterly unkempt with shaggy hair, dirty face, a hobo's scruff, and worned out clothes. Makes him look years older.
I think it's because this game they really want Dante to seem grizled and worn out, the tired pro who's been doing this for years. While Nero is supposed to be the fresh new talent who's finally stepping up to take the mantle. It does kind if bother me though because in 5 he's already been demon hunting for a few years since 4. And since it's after 2 it's not like he was the Robin to Dantes Batman he actually was demon hunting without Dante. Its hard to believe that after years of doing it on his own Dante still treats Nero like an amateur for some reason. Unless while Dante was gone he was mostly going on jobs with lady and Trish but they've indicated that Nero has been devil hunting on his own with Nico. I can get making Dante look tired and worn out but Nero shouldn't be considered amateur anymore. This game is doing what 4 should've done and is finally doing a proper passing of the torch but it's too late with how they're trying to treat Nero as a newbie.

Reactions: Meg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@devil_inside123
It's not hard to figure out why. He lost his primary source of power that gave him an edge against major demons. Now that they're facing what is most likely the strongest enemy yet, I don't think Dante's exactly wrong in thinking Nero might not be up to the job without his demonic arm and Devil Trigger.

The line where he says to Dante "I've got all the power I need. Right here!" showing him his Devil Breaker indicates they already had a discussion about it in the game.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
@devil_inside123
It's not hard to figure out why. He lost his primary source of power that gave him an edge against major demons. Now that they're facing what is most likely the strongest enemy yet, I don't think Dante's exactly wrong in thinking Nero might not be up to the job without his demonic arm and Devil Trigger.

The line where he says to Dante "I've got all the power I need. Right here!" showing him his Devil Breaker indicates they already had a discussion about it in the game.
Yea but what makes it weird to me is that he's still letting lady get involved. Don't get me wrong lady is pretty badass but if she's strong enough then Nero sure as heck is. Although i guess Dante wouldn't really be able to stop lady since she's more freelance than a part of Devil May Cry. Nero does seem like he's in a much more subordinate role to Dante or at least respects him enough to take orders from him.

DarkSlayerVergil

Eh you'd be better of using Young Kratos and pre-5 Dante tbh. You'd be liable to get more of a debate out of that than Dante who's quite stagnate due to "reasons" and Kratos who's just now getting back into the swing of things in 4.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Yea but what makes it weird to me is that he's still letting lady get involved. Don't get me wrong lady is pretty badass but if she's strong enough then Nero sure as heck is. Although i guess Dante wouldn't really be able to stop lady since she's more freelance than a part of Devil May Cry. Nero does seem like he's in a much more subordinate role to Dante or at least respects him enough to take orders from him.

Also, I think it's fatherly instincts creeping in, even though Dante is not the father, Nero is still family. Since Nero's arm got cut off, he is more vunerable compared to the last game. Nero can take care of himself, but it's heartwarming to see this side of Dante.

Escanor

chad of war aged Kratos is still very powerful

but Dante operates on another level

Abigail was a planetary threat and Dante could destroy him, in seconds

current Dante is way much stronger

DarkSlayerVergil

chad of war aged Kratos is still very powerful

but Dante operates on another level

Abigail was a planetary threat and Dante could destroy him, in seconds

current Dante is way much stronger
Dante himself is barely island. Where are you pulling this planet busting Dante from?

Edit: Please give context for how Abigail is a planetary threat.

DarkSlayerVergil

I call it a draw because they both can't die.
Well this isnt really true for Dante or Kratos. Dante can be killed, the problem is that he's just really hard to kill. Kratos can and has been killed before in GOW only difference is he isnt allowed to stay dead as part if his curse.

GinDan

Dante can slow down and stop the time and kill Kratos.
Dante's stinger hits 1 million times a second .
Dante with the MF can send all things to the original state.
Dante is too fast for Kratos to touch him.
Dante a vaincu Mundus qui crée un univers ou une galaxie.
With Ifrit it can hurt demons which are the absolute zero
With Ifrit he can hurt demons who frolic the absolute 0

And Kratos ???

DarkSlayerVergil

Dante can slow down and stop the time and kill Kratos.

Dante's stinger hits 1 million times a second .
Dante with the MF can send all things to the original state.
Dante is too fast for Kratos to touch him.
Dante a vaincu Mundus qui crée un univers ou une galaxie.
With Ifrit it can hurt demons which are the absolute zero
With Ifrit he can hurt demons who frolic the absolute 0

And Kratos ???
You must have never played a God of War: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/4aumfx
Kratos in his own right is pretty powerful also Mundus creating a universe means nothing towards scaling Dante towards him.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
You must have never played a God of War: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/4aumfx
Kratos in his own right is pretty powerful also Mundus creating a universe means nothing towards scaling Dante towards him.
Dante proved on 2 occasions though that he can tangle with enemies as big as the one kratos took out. Difference is the people kratos kills are still fleshy. While both of Dante's enemies had very statue like complexions

Top Bottom