• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

o.o oh no! they figured us out! head for the hills guys!

Kyo

medicated insanity
it's finaly happend, they figured us out!

doctor's and sic's have done tests in sevral small communaties around the u.s.a suggesting kids,teens and adults that play game's and spend a "fair" amount of time online act less mature and more goofy.

i have to admit, my time i have spent on diffrent websites have given me the chance to make new internet buddies and yes, most that are adults, i honestly couldn't tell.

o_O'

but there is also a large amount of gamer/internerds that are teens and act really adultish.

views? please?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
doctors have found out that if you play games then there is a larger chance of immaturity

im not really surprised, but i wouldnt make it a general statement, becuase there are people who are really nice online e.g. phar0nix on runescape is a very nice person, and they are one of the top ranked people (bad example but i dont know any more that i can remember)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Played games for a very long time and helped run websites for a very long time and im pretty mature minded. All depends on how influenced you are by other people and your surroundings and im not influenced by anyone or anything, im just myself so nothing will change me.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
^^^Nicely Said

Anyways yeah, i agree with what DD said it all depends on how your Influenced!

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Huh, I play games more then usual and in REAL LIFE I'm Waaay more Mature than most people my age.
Also, When I'm online, almost every time I tell someone my age there surprised... they usually think I'm like 20 or something.

The reason I act pretty immature on these forums is because I usually get on here when I'm board, thus I'm more goofy. (I try to have fun.)

But, I think its the way you take the game your playing.
It could make you way more immature, or could make you even more mature. Its the way you take it.
For example; I know ALLOT of kids that play GTA and try to act cool, and gangsta.... Then I know some other kids that play GTA and take all those characters as a bad example, and mature up from playing.

^ sure but those doctors they always think they are soooo smart that they think they are the best in the world i really really dont like doctors

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm about as childish as they get but I really don't give a crap...had waaaaay too many serious things happen in my life so far for me to even want to grow up any time soon. I still don't consider myself an adult yet and I'm 4 years away from being 30 :lol:

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Angel;140092 said:
I'm about as childish as they get but I really don't give a crap...had waaaaay too many serious things happen in my life so far for me to even want to grow up any time soon. I still don't consider myself an adult yet and I'm 4 years away from being 30 :lol:

30 year olds are soo cool.

I purposely act very vulgar and immature online while maintaining some respect for ppl playing with me. On PSN, Im considered extremely polite yet very crude comic at the same time LOL. Online gaming would be extremely boring being my typical "mature" self and all online so I 100% agree with Angel wholeheartedly. Shnit! We deserve to be immature during online gaming dammit! *high five Angel*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I avoid the whole online trash talking thing because I don't trash talk (unless I'm incredibly angry or unbelievably drunk) but there have been one or two times when I've used my "superior intellect" (i.e. I'm older than twelve :lol:) to put certain gamers in their place when they're being out of line...with most of them you use a word of more than two syllables and they're lost :lol:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
This is exactly the same thing that makes some movies or games banned into certain countries. Because they supposedly encourage murderers or because they are supposedly supports to things like racism (remember the RE5 incident).

So, people who know better, know that all this does not mean anything at all. If a murderer has it in him/her and starts doing it because he watched..let's say Death Note, then it's the murderer's problem not the Death Note's. It's the same with this immaturity story:p

shadow clone

sowrdmaster
Tony_Redgrave;140140 said:
This is exactly the same thing that makes some movies or games banned into certain countries. Because they supposedly encourage murderers or because they are supposedly supports to things like racism (remember the RE5 incident).

So, people who know better, know that all this does not mean anything at all. If a murderer has it in him/her and starts doing it because he watched..let's say Death Note, then it's the murderer's problem not the Death Note's. It's the same with this immaturity story:p

Thats the same as my view on this subject.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Angel;140126 said:
I avoid the whole online trash talking thing because I don't trash talk (unless I'm incredibly angry or unbelievably drunk) but there have been one or two times when I've used my "superior intellect" (i.e. I'm older than twelve :lol:) to put certain gamers in their place when they're being out of line...with most of them you use a word of more than two syllables and they're lost :lol:

OMG! I'm sorry to go off topic. But WOW I CANNOT STAND IT when little kids... (Make that ANYONE) talks crap over psn, xbl or pc. I can't believe it. It makes it sooooo fu**in* irritating to even play. They die once, and call you a douche bag. On pc.... You'll ALWAYS get called a hacker. On Psn your a Camper. on xbl.... I don't know. :p

Sorry, I just seriously hate people that talk over online games.
And angels right. "with most of them you use a word of more than two syllables and they're lost" :sleep:

Top Bottom