• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

o.o oh no! they figured us out! head for the hills guys!

Kyo

medicated insanity
Tony_Redgrave;140140 said:
This is exactly the same thing that makes some movies or games banned into certain countries. Because they supposedly encourage murderers or because they are supposedly supports to things like racism (remember the RE5 incident).

So, people who know better, know that all this does not mean anything at all. If a murderer has it in him/her and starts doing it because he watched..let's say Death Note, then it's the murderer's problem not the Death Note's. It's the same with this immaturity story:p
i agree, another good exzample of immature people and game's is the thing i seen posted on the dmc news thing, near the time i first joined.

something about a child playing dmc then blamed the game or something saying "it made him see demons" or something, i really don't remmber how it was put.

but, the meaning of this thread is to get people's views' on why some people's personality online differs from that of there normal self.

i admit i act abit foolish online but offline im completely sane...(dont laugh im not lieing)

(rl life) comeplete adult (online) couldn't determine child from adult.

im fully aware that some do this "personalite change" due to the fact there more likely bored with being the same way over and over each day, but i belive there are diffrent reasons.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Bandoor;140179 said:
On pc.... You'll ALWAYS get called a hacker. On Psn your a Camper. on xbl.... I don't know. :p
XBL - the same. As well as every possible offensive and racist term they can think of, with plenty of sexual references thrown in and for good measure, your mom.

It's a beautiful place, to be sure :rolleyes:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Kyo;139612 said:
kids,teens and adults that play game's and spend a "fair" amount of time online act less mature and more goofy.
Stop the press! :p

Just kidding. Although, seriously, you'll never ever come across anywhere where people are so rude, except on the interwebz. Apparently, anonymity is reason enough for some people to behave like complete twats. Sad, but true.

And don't get me started on the Xbox LIVE community! I've gotta admit that I haven't noticed ANY abuse whilst playing Halo 3 (and I played it for a good while and clocked up some 900-odd multiplayer games), despite alot of people claiming it's rife with kids with too much time on their hands and a foul mouth. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

However, just days into starting Call of Duty: World at War, I've never heard so much trash-talking, racism, and general "You suck" comments. Fortunately, not many of them were thrown at me but even in the pre-game lobbies alone, people just kick-off over the slightest thing.

Kyo

medicated insanity
devilmaycry;141155 said:
Stop the press! :p

Just kidding. Although, seriously, you'll never ever come across anywhere where people are so rude, except on the interwebz. Apparently, anonymity is reason enough for some people to behave like complete twats. Sad, but true.

And don't get me started on the Xbox LIVE community! I've gotta admit that I haven't noticed ANY abuse whilst playing Halo 3 (and I played it for a good while and clocked up some 900-odd multiplayer games), despite alot of people claiming it's rife with kids with too much time on their hands and a foul mouth. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

However, just days into starting Call of Duty: World at War, I've never heard so much trash-talking, racism, and general "You suck" comments. Fortunately, not many of them were thrown at me but even in the pre-game lobbies alone, people just kick-off over the slightest thing.
this leads me to fear one day games shall be out lawed...then we shall rebell!! =] altho i think that there rude comments toward eachother kinda differ from others just acting like a tottaly diffrent person then they do in real life.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angel;141034 said:
XBL - the same. As well as every possible offensive and racist term they can think of, with plenty of sexual references thrown in and for good measure, your mom.

It's a beautiful place, to be sure :rolleyes:

I hate the Xbox live crowd. I always mute everyone.^_^

devilmaycry said:

I noticed, they all complain sooo bad.

COD4 on hardcore is a different story, I gat yelled at for being genuinely stupid:lol:not cause they are pricks.:lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^So true, what to do?

*Draws sword* Let's kill them cause that is what our video game hero's would do.:lol:

And we will perform acts of superhuman agility cause that is soooo imitate-able. :p

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
they need to know that just cos they took one person and they were like doesnt mean the majority are................i agree with black angel!

Kyo

medicated insanity
but if you acttualy look at it they do have a point, parents are responsable for what there kids see on the web and play in games,yet!! to releave the parents of pressure i must say this!

kids should no the diffrance from realite and just pure imagnation.

back on topic: if there was not as much stress would those of us who act diffrently online then we do in person just be one person?one addtuide?

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
i have one atttude and one attitude alone
i figure that you yourself should map out what you are going to do
you should have the responsiblity to know when to stop.

Dark Alpha Wolf

The Ace of The Game
immaturity? please. I've been playing video games since they pretty much became available in the home (okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but I was raised on video games) and I was also pretty much raised on a computer. I was pretty spoiled as a kid and my mom taught me about 97% of what I know about the computer.

but immaturity? no. I've been on forums and other things and whenever people guess my age, they're always surprised about how young I am and they always say that I act like an adult and think like an adult.

I don't know, it may just be a few people including myself, but I think that being in-tune with video games and the internet to an extent actually helps raise maturity because it allows you to interact with the adult world.

Top Bottom