• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nocturne/Shin Megami Tensei V

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I placed SMTN before SMTV because I (along with everyone else) have a really strong feeling that SMTV is a direct sequel to Nocturne.

Especially since the post-apocalyptic wasteland seems to be the Vortex world ("SMTVortex"?) and the red mysterious figure has a rather strong resemblance to the Demi-fiend.

The Vortex world was destroyed along with the rest of the universe, but that doesn't mean it can't come back.

Besides, this is a multiverse, obviously, not all of them were annihilated by the Demi-fiend.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Beat me to the news.

Anyway, the rumor is that this is based on the Japanese release. That means that Dante won't be the guest character but rather Raidou from devil summoner.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Meh, not the biggest fan of Nocturne tbh.

About SMTV, I have the eternal question when it comes to JRPGs...is that a guy or a girl? o_O

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
About SMTV, I have the eternal question when it comes to JRPGs...is that a guy or a girl? o_O
That's what I wanna know.

But I'm gonna go out on limb anyway and say that's a male.
Meh, not the biggest fan of Nocturne tbh.
Think of it as a mere precursor to V.

Speaking of which, I'm not the biggest fan of SMTIV either -- but I know that I'll have to get around to it eventually if I want the full story behind Apocalypse.

Goldsickle

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I agree. Raidou would at the very least fight Dante to a standstill.

Now we can finally put that meme to rest.

Unfortunately though, it was also my headcanon DMC2.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I agree. Raidou would at the very least fight Dante to a standstill.

Now we can finally put that meme to rest.
I know I framed it as a joke, but I was being completely serious that gameplay-wise Raidou is superior to Dante.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's true. In fact, Raidou's so overpowered with Pierce that they equipped Lucifer with a one-time use of Diarahan in order to make up the difference.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, since Korea also censored SC's Mitsurugi and swapped in some guy named (King?) Arthur in his place, this honestly doesn't surprise me too much.

Anyway, I think I'll finish my thought here because I don't want to edit my post in the other thread again.

It's off-topic, but ultimately relevant when it comes to the big picture.

My ideal terms:

Sony: Buys out Batman and SMT.

MS: Somehow purchases exclusive Spider-Man video game rights (I'm more willing to give up the Spider than the Bat) and also acquires Raidou and Maken X in the process.

Nintendo: Persona and Spawn.

I suggested Spawn because I honestly think that Nintendo can (with the help of a third party like Platinum) create an unforgettable experience that can compete with the other superhero IPs out there.

Top Bottom