• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nocturne/Shin Megami Tensei V

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Coincidentally I was watching the anime "Jujutsu Kaisen" as I wait for the Nocturne release which is around the corner and funnily enough I wasn't the only one to think that the MC reminded me a lot of the Demi-Fiend. :ROFL:

lop0qquf6xv51.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Coincidentally I was watching the anime "Jujutsu Kaisen" as I wait for the Nocturne release which is around the corner and funnily enough I wasn't the only one to think that the MC reminded me a lot of the Demi-Fiend. :ROFL:

lop0qquf6xv51.jpg
You could always named the MC after him.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Yeah, the Demi-fiend's design can't be all that bad if it's inspiring one of (modern) anime's more visually memorable characters.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man this game really is a PS2 game. You can feel that old RPG "jank" in it. The lack of "go here" indicator bugs me. I am lost on the map screen and the suspending save feature is a God send since I haven't saved properly since the Forneus boss fight.
I am going to need a guide for this game. That one fight song that sounds like dog barking is annoying and the compressed audio is not helping.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Man this game really is a PS2 game. You can feel that old RPG "jank" in it. The lack of "go here" indicator bugs me. I am lost on the map screen and the suspending save feature is a God send since I haven't saved properly since the Forneus boss fight.
I am going to need a guide for this game.
Welcome to 2003, son, where real gamers were forged. It's a time when games took forever, Prema Guides were riding high and finishing an RPG by yourself was a real accomplishment because everything required a degree in deductive reasoning and a big notebook to write it all down.

That one fight song that sounds like dog barking is annoying and the compressed audio is not helping.
Yeah, that's one of the major drawbacks of these things. The limitations of storage back in the day really are screwing us today. Not like you can re record a whole soundtrack just for a remaster. Probably won't be worth the cost. Unfortunately, we're the ones who pay the price for limitations on both storage and DVD sizes.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well to be fair, playing FF X on PS4 gave me that "jank" feeling too but I played FFX back in the day so nostalgia bias perhaps? Regardless a guide is the way I'll go for this game because I have no sense of direction and the world map doesn't give a good enough indication of "You can go here or not."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Be warned - the release date, gameplay and plot details of SMT V have been accidentally leaked on the official website and are now floating around the web.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
"accidentally leaked on the official website"

bruh.

insert gif of everyone facepalming here.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Pinned by BuffMaister
BuffMaister
1 month ago
The true Demi-fiend experience, with no Repel Phys demon switching.

Not gonna lie, this was rough, the full debuffs/buffs, misses, critical freikugels, status ailments etc. Parvati even got a 10k Media heal off at 41:55. No Gaea Rage were triggered, everything was killed within turns but he was so close to use it on the end.

Took about 6 attempts, and had fail runs around the 40 minute mark where he was nearly dead. Just to get screwed over by random misses, Gaea Rage or his instant KO Chaotic Will.

Demon stock 16 but only 14 out of 24 demons were used. Well, sorta 12, I pulled out Zeus and Odin for the finale as **** started to get intense and MP started to run out for the last stand.

Even if he would have pulled out a Gaea Rage, I still had an endure, it would have been interesting to see what could have happened.

I’d say this is a legit run of how to do Demi-fiend and is very comparable with the Digital Devil Saga.

With this, I feel that I’ve accomplished Demi-fiend.

Top Bottom