• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No more arguement. It is a PREQUEL. Confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

I'm back again, with some more DmC news. There is no more arguement, at least about this aspect of the game. It is a prequel to the originals. No questions asked. According to this article, the playstation blog vid(which I posted here also called "Playstation Blog Info") tells us that this game is a prequel.

Here is the link to new article.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/25/devils-cry-no-more/

A new post about the Ninja Theory-developed DmC on the PlayStation blog tells us two important things:

1. The game does indeed take place within the current Devil May Cry timeline and it is most certainly a prequel to the originals.

2. This is what neo-Dante looks like, should you put old Dante’s hair on him:

See the pic in the link. Discuss your thoughts.
------------
I don't know what to think anymore. So much contradictory info has been released, I can't make sense of it all.

devilaX96

Alucard's apprentice
I KNEW IT! No really I'm happy to hear this. I hope with this prequel they also tell who is Nero. I'm maybe annoying with the Nero stuff but there are a lot of plotholes during the time of DMC4

Tony

Demonslayer
this is exactly what I was talking about in this post. The interview is more than one week old ^^
but yes, I think also this are good news.

But I dont think, that it will reveal something about Nero, because Nero was not even born ^^

about the pic, the left side is Dante from DMC2, not the best choice in my opinion, but okay...

Dominus

The only thing it could reveal about Nero is if Vergil was his father or not (which some believe).. IF Vergil is in this.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
it would be too funny if the team behind dmc set up a plot twist as big as that and everyone figured it out before the game was released.

i'd lol.

and i'm glad they chose to confirm that. it'll give some of the monkeys here one less thing to fling poo at each other over.

icmasticc

Tony;279307 said:
this is exactly what I was talking about in this post. The interview is more than one week old ^^
but yes, I think also this are good news.

But I dont think, that it will reveal something about Nero, because Nero was not even born ^^

about the pic, the left side is Dante from DMC2, not the best choice in my opinion, but okay...

I think the important thing here is that it said that it's definitely taking place within the DMC universe. Regardless of if you knew it was a prequel already or not, the issue was that if it was a reboot AND a prequel, it wouldn't take place within the same universe, therefore, there could be different elements.

Since now it's supposed to take place within the same universe as the original DMC series, there's other factors to consider. I doubt Nero will come up at all, but Vergil is a big possibility.

fon

Crazy Chick
So then this Dante is even younger than DMC3's Dante?
Argh, and just when I started to like the idea of this being a reboot.
I hope that with the story NT creates for this a lot of questions will be answered.

moseslmpg

This isn't confirmed at all. I've seen that interview and they just keep spouting their regular double speak. It is a "reimagining," a "retelling," "same Dante," etc.

It is still as confused as ever. That's pretty irresponsible of Siliconera.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
If this is true and isn't just some ploy to get the old fans back on board, then I am in full support of this reboot. But I think moses could be right, they do keep twisting their words so I'm not on board as of yet.....

Also if this isn't a reboot, there are still some plot holes. Where is the perfect amulet and where is the picture of Dante's mother? I ask about the picture since I assume he had a picture of his mother if he chose to frame it. I suppose that could be explained, but still. Also if it is a prequel, where is the gothic atmosphere? You'd think a prequel would keep the same atmosphere as the others, especially if said prequel can only logically take place a few years before DMC3. Also if it is a prequel, why change Dante's voice actor? This new voice actor talks in a much lower voice than original Dante. Why would his voice go up in pitch with age? So many questions. These said questions are making me speculate that either:

1). NT is saying this to get old fans on board and will revise their statement after the game comes out.

or

2). It is indeed a prequel, but NT just doesn't remember the key details.

This all seems very fishy....

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Another great found icmasticc... well done!

I'm really happy with this news and I'm sure I'll love this new dante. I can already see some hardcore old-dante fans saying: "NT, I love you!"

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
A "westernized" prequel.
Why didn't they just make a normal prequel?

I'm telling EVERYONE, they're just digging themselves a bigger hole then DMC4.

I just wished they didn't screw with everyones heads.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Yanno, I was just thinking how badly this series needed another sodding prequel. 9.9 Can we get Dante out of hell already? Please? Or just kick DMC2 out of canon if its that difficult for Capcom to come up with a way to deal with it.

Anyway, no - confirmed it is not. If you follow that article to the PS3 blog it is referring to:
PS3 Blog said:
(http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/24/re-imaging-of-dante-and-the-new-devil-may-cry/)
Devil May Cry; its headliner, Dante; and the entire DMC mythology have sprung installments on multiple consoles, comic books and an anime series. Dante is an iconic figure in the video game world, so imagine the reaction when Lead Producer Alex Jones and Chief Creative Director Tameem Antoniades were tapped to change everything we know about Devil May Cry and start from scratch. The result? DmC.

Round and round we go again.

If it does turn out to be prequel with the canon (whenever they make their sodding minds up), it'd have to be before 3. Which makes the whole focus on the smoking crap even more asinine than it was already. :| If they do manage to make a believable plot out of this and work it into the stories we know, then I'll wait for a Cliff's Notes version of it to appear on a wiki someplace before I decide if this is worth purchasing used.

But, with as double-sided as the info is on it so far, I'm of the mind they just plain don't know what the crap they're doing. Unless its on purpose - to try and win back the old fans. In which case, I don't think its going to work out like they think it's going to. I guess its too late to hope they're still trolling us.

Chrysander

say DMC3 was set in 1990. DmC can be set in 1989, which means it is earlier - a "prequel", even though it's a different story. That is what they are doing. They are incorrectly using the word "prequel" (since a prequel means that it is the same story, just earlier in it). What they mean is just that the events of DmC will be chronologically before the events of the other games - even though this new story will be a new start.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Well, those are some awesome news.
This means that this DMC game take place before DMC3, wich means that Dante will get his old white hair & blue eyes and Rebellion and maybe even his old clothing style (hey, nobody said you can't dream).
Maybe this game take place 1 year before DMC3, in the last meet between Dante and Vergil (before DMC3 events), and I guess that they can't change vergil, 'cause he discovered his Devil powers long before Dante did, right?

icmasticc

Kittn;279444 said:
Yanno, I was just thinking how badly this series needed another sodding prequel. 9.9 Can we get Dante out of hell already? Please? Or just kick DMC2 out of canon if its that difficult for Capcom to come up with a way to deal with it.

Anyway, no - confirmed it is not. If you follow that article to the PS3 blog it is referring to:

Round and round we go again.

If it does turn out to be prequel with the canon (whenever they make their sodding minds up), it'd have to be before 3. Which makes the whole focus on the smoking crap even more asinine than it was already. :| If they do manage to make a believable plot out of this and work it into the stories we know, then I'll wait for a Cliff's Notes version of it to appear on a wiki someplace before I decide if this is worth purchasing used.

But, with as double-sided as the info is on it so far, I'm of the mind they just plain don't know what the crap they're doing. Unless its on purpose - to try and win back the old fans. In which case, I don't think its going to work out like they think it's going to. I guess its too late to hope they're still trolling us.

****, I'm starting to think this is some trollin bull as well. If it turns out to be that way, it will be THE MOST epic trolling I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom