• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No more arguement. It is a PREQUEL. Confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moseslmpg

Chrysander;279447 said:
say DMC3 was set in 1990. DmC can be set in 1989, which means it is earlier - a "prequel", even though it's a different story. That is what they are doing. They are incorrectly using the word "prequel" (since a prequel means that it is the same story, just earlier in it). What they mean is just that the events of DmC will be chronologically before the events of the other games - even though this new story will be a new start.
Actually, the DMC3 manga would be in 1989. So this would have to be 1988 or before.

I think they could mean that this is a prequel of a reboot. Meaning, that at the end of this game, we will have the rebooted version of the Dante we know, but the beginning of the game is the prequel to reboot Dante. I.e. it is a different continuity, but this game represents a point earlier in time in this new continuity than DMC3 did in the current continuity. Makes total sense actually.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
moseslmpg;279528 said:
Actually, the DMC3 manga would be in 1989. So this would have to be 1988 or before.

I think they could mean that this is a prequel of a reboot. Meaning, that at the end of this game, we will have the rebooted version of the Dante we know, but the beginning of the game is the prequel to reboot Dante. I.e. it is a different continuity, but this game represents a point earlier in time in this new continuity than DMC3 did in the current continuity. Makes total sense actually.

So let me get the facts straight here. We will still have the same Dante, but his background is being rebooted because it takes place "before" DMC 3?

Meg

moseslmpg;279528 said:

So its kinda doing what inFAMOUS did. The game ends with the start of the main part of the story beginning.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Meg;279536 said:
So its kinda doing what inFAMOUS did. The game ends with the start of the main part of the story beginning.

Those plots are a bit confusing at first. The movie Inception did the same thing, started off with a not-so-important scene until the end of the movie did you then finally learn of its significance...>_<

moseslmpg

Faustinasa;279534 said:
So let me get the facts straight here. We will still have the same Dante, but his background is being rebooted because it takes place "before" DMC 3?
No, I'm saying we will have a new Dante, but this game is giving us the story of the young new Dante before he becomes the equivalent of DMC3 Dante. So, basically it is new pre-DMC3 Dante turning into new post-DMC3 Dante.

Different continuity, but they are starting earlier in the timeline on the new continuity than they did with the real continuity.

Meg

^ I think what moses is saying is that its getting the "origin story" out of the way before getting into the meet of the story. Did you play inFAMOUS? Its like that. Its a prequel to the main series, but they are doing it first.

Tony

Demonslayer
OriginalOutcast;279560 said:
So it's a Prequel before a prequel? How does that work!?

you just go back in time.
And here the preview of the DMC6 gameplay:
sigpic34_4.gif

icmasticc

I played and loved inFAMOUS so I understand how that type of plot would work. That could be interesting.

moseslmpg

I haven't played Infamous, but I'm just saying it is an origin story for a different version of Dante, so that at the end of the game, he will be alternative universe version of DMC1 Dante.

I don't know why they just wouldn't be clear about it though. They probably think they are being clever, like Kobayashi was with Nero.

Tony: I'd play a DMC babies game. But the real money is at a DMC: Conception of the Devil game, where you play as the Dante sperm right after Sparda and Eva have done it. And you have to fight off antibodies and other sperm with his tailsword on his way to the Temen Ni Ovum. But alas, Vergil sperm gets there right before him. The rest is history.

Meg

moseslmpg;279600 said:
I haven't played Infamous, but I'm just saying it is an origin story for a different version of Dante, so that at the end of the game, he will be alternative universe version of DMC1 Dante.

I get what you're saying. That's basically what I meant with inFAMOUS.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
OK ok, now it's making more sense...I need to find inFAMOUS and try it out.

*rushes out to a store to rent the game*

VirgilTheart

moseslmpg;279600 said:

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself, moses. :cool:

I don't know why they just wouldn't be clear about it though. They probably think they are being clever, like Kobayashi was with Nero.

Nah, I think they just enjoy playing mind-games with us (or is that what you meant? :lol: )

Tony: I'd play a DMC babies game. But the real money is at a DMC: Conception of the Devil game, where you play as the Dante sperm right after Sparda and Eva have done it. And you have to fight off antibodies and other sperm with his tailsword on his way to the Temen Ni Ovum. But alas, Vergil sperm gets there right before him. The rest is history.

^ THIS. Heck yes, THIS needs to be the next game! *is dying of laughter* :lol: :p ;)

Vampi

moseslmpg;279600 said:

340x.gif

Tony

Demonslayer
moseslmpg;279600 said:
lol, nothing to add ^^

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
sorry my english isn't very well... I didn't get it exacly! :(
what's going on!? they're gonna make Dante like when he was old!? and make change the time and don't make a reboot!? someone can explain me!?

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
If this is a prequel before DMC3, maybe in the year 1988 or before.. Where did they get the round video recorder in the interrogation room?
They didnt excist in the 1988.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom