• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No more arguement. It is a PREQUEL. Confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Demonslayer
Vergil&Dante;279825 said:
If this is a prequel before DMC3, maybe in the year 1988 or before.. Where did they get the round video recorder in the interrogation room?
They didnt excist in the 1988.
and have you ever seen a demon in 1988?
it is another world or another univers maybe some kind of parallel univers, but it is not! our world ^^

this is IMO why the westernization is somehow ridiculous. Fantasy is fantasy and reality is reality.

@lili, a prequel is a trip to the past. DMC3 was a prequel because it took place before DMC in timeline..
My english isn't good either, but I hope it is understandable ^^"

icmasticc

@Vergil&Dante, I actually thought about that too. Not remaking the game in place of DmC but re-releasing DMC3 as a PSN game. Remaster the graphics(HD), Add some extra missions, give Vergil a proper storyline, and I would definitely buy or download. It could be a success.

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
^LOL
Nice envision, but clearly we need to face reality.
Even if they did do that.
They'll still be smashing "DmC" with westernized quality.
Yay.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Lili Rochefort;279800 said:
sorry my english isn't very well... I didn't get it exacly! :(
what's going on!? they're gonna make Dante like when he was old!? and make change the time and don't make a reboot!? someone can explain me!?

on the contrary, a prequel would be the youngest dante yet.
a sequel - takes place after the other games
a prequel - takes place before

hope that cleared things up for you.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sooo...:unsure: I was right when I said with 'retelling Dante's origins' that they're actually taking us back to Dante's roots before DMC3? *is confuzzled*

But then someone said that they said they're remaking DMC3, and now it's back to 'it's a prequel'?

Make the confusion stop!
At this point I don't really care about rumours or what they blurp out. All I want to know is the release date for New Zealand and I'll be a happy chappy.^_^

Vergil&Dante

Bring Vergil back!!!
The voice in the end of the trailer "my name is Dante" matches the same voice that Vergil got in DMC3!!
Maybe Vergil will be the first playable character who starts in the game with 10 missions and his storyline how he gets the DT before DMC3 and maybe why he wants more power and how Nero gets birth? And Dante will get the last 10 missions maybe after DMC3???
The same way like they did in DMC4.

fon

Crazy Chick
Dan Southworth? That's who I thought it sounded like too but why would Vergil say "My name is Dante"?
Guess that belongs to the theories thread :p

Cool idea though. This prequel/reboot talk is still messing with my head! Guess i'll still treat it like a reboot until they finally straighten themselves out :wacko:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Master Vergil;280073 said:
Sooo...:unsure: I was right when I said with 'retelling Dante's origins' that they're actually taking us back to Dante's roots before DMC3? *is confuzzled*

But then someone said that they said they're remaking DMC3, and now it's back to 'it's a prequel'?

Make the confusion stop!
At this point I don't really care about rumours or what they blurp out. All I want to know is the release date for New Zealand and I'll be a happy chappy.^_^

well, it's pretty much the same reason creationism and evolution is still an ongoing debate.

while what you're saying may have tangible evidence gathered from the story so far, the creators still have the "god made it that way" arguement. they can throw in time warp or any number of things to make this new installment feasible.

i'm not saying they are going to, but they still have that at their disposal.

that aside... a retelling doesn't necessarily mean that it's replacing current cannon. it could be a retelling in the sense that what you previously thought of as the earliest sections of the story actually being a sequel to something else that's important. if that makes any sense. ;)

moseslmpg

Tony;279836 said:
and have you ever seen a demon in 1988?
it is another world or another univers maybe some kind of parallel univers, but it is not! our world ^^

this is IMO why the westernization is somehow ridiculous. Fantasy is fantasy and reality is reality.

@lili, a prequel is a trip to the past. DMC3 was a prequel because it took place before DMC in timeline..
My english isn't good either, but I hope it is understandable ^^"
Actually, the DMC world has always been behind ours in terms of technology, or it was supposed to be. I think they had cellphones in the anime right? But the anime is garbage anyway. If this is indeed set before the manga, it is highly unlikely they would have technology that we haven't seen in the other games. I don't think it is set before the manga anyway though.
Vergil&Dante;280106 said:
The voice in the end of the trailer "my name is Dante" matches the same voice that Vergil got in DMC3!!
Maybe Vergil will be the first playable character who starts in the game with 10 missions and his storyline how he gets the DT before DMC3 and maybe why he wants more power and how Nero gets birth? And Dante will get the last 10 missions maybe after DMC3???
The same way like they did in DMC4.
Good idea, but that isn't Dan. I have it on very good authority. I doubt they would give Vergil that much screentime anyway.

Bread99

But they can't be the same . I mean this Dante smokes and has a grave voice . Dante from DMC3 had the voice of a normal person of his age

Asmodaius

Bread99;280455 said:
But they can't be the same . I mean this Dante smokes and has a grave voice . Dante from DMC3 had the voice of a normal person of his age

That's because it is a reboot, not a prequal.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Bread99;280455 said:

In DMC1 he had the voice of Drew Coombs and shortly after those events he had the voice of a 19 year old again and his personality and mannerisms were totally different. Same with DMC2 his voice, appearence and personality were totally different. Dante is one of the most inconsistent VG characters ever which is why this massive overreaction to a haircut and a smoking habbit is so ironic.

To be fair Reuben did give talking like a man a go in 4 but it's just too much of a flawless teen heartthrob voice to ever sound like a man's man. He needs more grit like whoever this new guy is.

Tony

Demonslayer
moseslmpg;280282 said:
Actually, the DMC world has always been behind ours in terms of technology, or it was supposed to be. I think they had cellphones in the anime right? But the anime is garbage anyway. If this is indeed set before the manga, it is highly unlikely they would have technology that we haven't seen in the other games. I don't think it is set before the manga anyway though.
thats why they call it a reboot ^^
the setting is rebooted and Dantes image will be rebooted, but I desperately hope, that they dont reboot the story too

Drew Coombs is my favorite voice btw ^^...
Voices can change, hair color can change, but the only thing that confuses me is his eye colour

Asmodaius

Tony;280582 said:
Voices can change, hair color can change, but the only thing that confuses me is his eye colour

I think that's to make him appear more demonic, or rather, show that he has demonic traits. It is typical in the western world culture to associate red eyes with something otherworldly, because it is unnatural for a human being to have a red iris.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
It will be very interesting to see if what they said was true
Just something to consider — this is a guy that could very well grow into the Dante we’re already familiar with.

I'd be interested if this crack-pot Dante turns into the Dante we all know and love... During the story line, or towards the end of the story

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Asmodaius;280558 said:
That's because it is a reboot, not a prequal.

So, for the final time.
Is this a prequel or a reboot.
I didn't catch which, since this is a thread saying it's now a prequel.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It's a Prequel of DMC 3, but it's a reboot of Dante's origins. Does it make sense, or am I confusing you more? lol>_<

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
In essence, they are doing another origin story not related to the current one, it makes sense and confusing at the same ****ing time...lol.

And there are alot of new people here these days, where are all the old peeps here?

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
sorry my english isn't very good and I'm not sure what the prequel is... but from the conversation I think it means something like past... hmm... anyway if that is... I think it's very cool to make before the DMC3 because I really wanna know about their past and see vergil again...
(if prequel doesn't mean that... just plz exuse me! lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom