• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.

No way dawg!

tumblr_mcpzrjlKP61r1eucbo1_500.jpg

COME ON AND SLAM!

Frantix

I'm happy to see NT working on something cool. Apparently they expanded recently to include development for mobile games. So we'll be seeing both Console/PC titles and mobile games from them.

Regardless, I can't wait to see what they got in store. They're very talented, and as much I wish they'd get a chance to make DmC2, I can tell that isn't going to happen. But in any case, I'm there.

I'm happy to see NT working on something cool. Apparently they expanded recently to include development for mobile games. So we'll be seeing both Console/PC titles and mobile games from them.

Regardless, I can't wait to see what they got in store. They're very talented, and as much I wish they'd get a chance to make DmC2, I can tell that isn't going to happen. But in any case, I'm there.

Why do you think they won't work on a DmC sequel?

Frantix

Why do you think they won't work on a DmC sequel?
Personally, I don't think the sales for this game have been encouraging. They even had to readjust their figures to compensate the lower sales. Moreover, they clearly sent the game out quietly as there was little to no post-launch marketing for this particular title. No TV ads or anything - even Dragon's Dogma had those.

That's a clear sign they gave up and cut their losses for the game. Plus there was a tweet from Gregaman at Capcom Unity saying that he was glad that NT "saw the game through to the end", and that he was proud of their vision.

I'm pretty sure we'll see DMC5 announced or Capcom deciding to put the franchise on hiatus, before they announce DmC2. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I do think this is it for NT's interpretation of DMC.

But really, NT will be fine regardless. They succeeded in making a good game, well reviewed too, and they're a much stronger dev now that they worked with Capcom so closely. If they make HS2, then it could be a pretty damn excellent game.

Personally, I don't think the sales for this game have been encouraging. They even had to readjust their figures to compensate the lower sales. Moreover, they clearly sent the game out quietly as there was little to no post-launch marketing for this particular title. No TV ads or anything - even Dragon's Dogma had those.

That's a clear sign they gave up and cut their losses for the game. Plus there was a tweet from Gregaman at Capcom Unity saying that he was glad that NT "saw the game through to the end", and that he was proud of their vision.

I'm pretty sure we'll see DMC5 announced or Capcom deciding to put the franchise on hiatus, before they announce DmC2. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I do think this is it for NT's interpretation of DMC.

But really, NT will be fine regardless. They succeeded in making a good game, well reviewed too, and they're a much stronger dev now that they worked with Capcom so closely. If they make HS2, then it could be a pretty damn excellent game.
Well, its just conjecture, unless I hear something official I'd expect they'll have a hand in DmC2.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I would go crazy if it was an Enslaved 2 or something. I did love that game. But it could be something new entirely.

...Erm...I'll laugh if it's a Resident Evil reboot and poor guys get more hell [well I wouldn't laugh at that, but still lol.]

Frantix

Well, its just conjecture, unless I hear something official I'd expect they'll have a hand in DmC2.
That's fine if you think so. But to me, however, it certainly looks that way.

But in any case, we'll see what happens. I'd love to see DmC2 most of all from them.

I would go crazy if it was an Enslaved 2 or something. I did love that game. But it could be something new entirely.

...Erm...I'll laugh if it's a Resident Evil reboot and poor guys get more hell [well I wouldn't laugh at that, but still lol.]
They made enough enemies already. If that'll happen, then I truly worry for their personal safety, because the DMC fanbase has shown how embarrassingly bitter people can get.

With that said, I do think they can make a solid RE game. Certainly much better than ORC. I do think Enslaved 2 would be kick ass, but Andy Serkis is busy with The Hobbit, so I don't think that's possible to make, since he was pretty much integral to the game.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Or maybe they will apply feedback and make a better game...like...good devs always do?

Maybe DmC2 will dethrone DMC3 ;D

That's why I want a true sequel, because this game has an amazing foundation to build upon. It would be something really special. I want the type of refinement one gets like uncharted to uncharted 2. If another developer takes over, it might still be awesome, and i'll still likely buy it, but it won't have the kind of sequel experience I'm hoping for.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Flame me if you wish and release the hounds on me if you wish:

I'm proud of Ninja Theory for seeing their vision through, for putting up with god awful people. they recieved bomb and death threats from many different people, yet they still prevailed. I enjoyed every moment of DmC and I'll glady defend the game with a cool head. They did what they loved to do, they made a kickass game. Safe to say I want a second helping, I hand my plate to them for some DmC2. Makes me sick to see that someone wants several hundred people to loose their jobs, especially on this forum.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
my prophecy:

1. DmC 2
2. HS 2
3. unnamed Vergil spinoff (rise to power before Dante kicks his emo ass)
4. untitled project involving Tameem as the main character defeating annoying fanboys and at the top of it all is the original Dante wearing a trollface mask and ass-less chaps.

also just realized something. Everyone complained about Dante being emo but in reality Vergil was like 200x more emo in every way. Logic behind this confuses me.

Martius

SSSmokin!
my prophecy:

1. DmC 2
2. HS 2
3. unnamed Vergil spinoff (rise to power before Dante kicks his emo ass)
4. untitled project involving Tameem as the main character defeating annoying fanboys and at the top of it all is the original Dante wearing a trollface mask and ass-less chaps.

also just realized something. Everyone complained about Dante being emo but in reality Vergil was like 200x more emo in every way.
What Ninja Theory did not make with Dante they did with Vergil. Now he looks more like Dante in trailer from 2010.

Top Bottom