• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
More like they're model will eventually end up probably just like Capcom; not enough substance under the pomp and flash that's meant to cover the lack of effort in some catagories.

Martius

SSSmokin!
More like they're model will eventually end up probably just like Capcom; not enough substance under the pomp and flash that's meant to cover the lack of effort in some catagories.
They are not so big and dont have so much funds like Capcom so i doubt that will happen unless they will earn fortune on next titles.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
They do have the problem that like NT, they have huge flash and hype on their titles, but sales tend to be rather lackluster. Bayo got 1.5 Mill units shipped(probably did not meet actual sales based on eth fact Sega didn't wnann'a touch Bayo2), and was considered a failure in sales. As well, Ookami was GROSSLY underselling even after the port to Wii.

Martius

SSSmokin!
With sega it was more a case that sales were not fast. They are not in good shape so they prefer faster income.
I dont see PG problems to be similar to Ninja Theory problems, i see it more like opposite. Platinum and Clover did not get enough support from publishers when Ninja Theory had a lot of it and they still did badly.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
If they're doing it for next gen I figure it'll take them 1 more year at least, cause then they'll have to get used to the new technology. But we can expect much faster gameplay and I'm really interested to see how NT handle backgrounds on the nexgen ( It's gonna be orgasmic:w00t: ). But I think NT should probably take a bit more time and gives us a good quality product instead of rushing things.

BTW we seem to be forgetting about the DmC movie. Maybe NT is busy working with the producers of the movie and we might just see its trailer pop up as well.

It seems like theyve had it for maybe a year or two since they came up with that one really good looking trailer using the graphics engine
Also about the movie i hope it is like the cg trailer cause that was amazing, maybe DmC 2 could be the movie, but id perfer a cg version of the game with the fights in there so its an actual movie not just cool cutscenes

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
With sega it was more a case that sales were not fast. They are not in good shape so they prefer faster income.
I dont see PG problems to be similar to Ninja Theory problems, i see it more like opposite. Platinum and Clover did not get enough support from publishers when Ninja Theory had a lot of it and they still did badly.
Sony only contracted NT to make Heavenly Sword and Namdai merely published Enslaved. The only publisher than had a lot of input was Capcom, just like how Kojipro was heavily involved with MGR.

Slacri

They do have the problem that like NT, they have huge flash and hype on their titles, but sales tend to be rather lackluster. Bayo got 1.5 Mill units shipped(probably did not meet actual sales based on eth fact Sega didn't wnann'a touch Bayo2), and was considered a failure in sales. As well, Ookami was GROSSLY underselling even after the port to Wii.

Rising has been selling very well though. I believe it has outsold DmC across all platforms on just the PS3 alone.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You mean they are making good games just like Capcom did some time ago?

What are you talking about Capcom still makes good games.....................once in a while....I mean Revelations is pretty good, Dragon's Dogma was great (possibly their best game this gen....I mean possibly), DMC4 was still great, (U)MvC3 was awesome, SF4 was awesome (til they milked the sh*t out of it), and some can say RE5 was fun and enjoyable (its not bad well it had bad AI issues) there was Okamiden & the Handheld MegaMan games...til it went on break, and you've possibly never played Monster Hunter games...then their is the Lost Planet games and that one anime looking Lost Planet game......well compared to the previous gens....Capcom's quality did go down....but so did most if not almost all publishers (I mean the ones who used to or still do develop their own games)...Konami, SEGA, Namco, even Nintendo, and other Publishers aren't as good as they used to be (especially SEGA).....what am I saying now?

Top Bottom