• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
It was used merely for example purposes as in to disprove the statement that NT didn't receive death threats and that it was just a marketing scam. They obviously received death threats due to the fan reaction. Here's a hint to all those who don't like DmC: IGNORE IT DON'T B*TCH ABOUT IT!!! I do get your point and probably should've found a better example but I'm lazy! :p

Ignoring problems doesn't fix them, i understand that alot of DmC fans are getting annoyed by "fanboys" of the previous games but some of us are actually trying to be constructive in our criticism even if at times we find ourselves coming across as overly passionate about what we are saying, i am especially guilty of this as i truly wish to see change in the gaming industry, not just from NT or Capcom but from quite a few developers.

Which leads to me another thing i've been seeing around the forums (unrelated to your post Frazz, this part isn't directed to you) the past few days, certain DmC fans calling everybody who argues with them "Trolls", which is something i'm fed up with because it's not only asinine but it's also just another way of sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "LA-LA-LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU" after somebody says something they don't like, want to hear or, dare i say, proven wrong.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ignoring problems doesn't fix them, i understand that alot of DmC fans are getting annoyed by "fanboys" of the previous games but some of us are actually trying to be constructive in our criticism even if at times we find ourselves coming across as overly passionate about what we are saying, i am especially guilty of this as i truly wish to see change in the gaming industry, not just from NT or Capcom but from quite a few developers.

Which leads to me another thing i've been seeing around the forums (unrelated to your post Frazz, this part isn't directed to you) the past few days, certain DmC fans calling everybody who argues with them "Trolls", which is something i'm fed up with because it's not only asinine but it's also just another way of sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "LA-LA-LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU" after somebody says something they don't like, want to hear or, dare i say, proven wrong.

You seem to be only looking at one side of the coin here. I've seen fans of DmC calling old fans trolls, yes. But I've also seen some things on this forum of the old fanbase that are just as immature and juvenile as the picture they're trying to paint on DmC.

AlchemistFromEden

pretty sure tameem isn't taking notes from youtube comments and forum posts, pretty sure that no creative directors actually do that because you know, THEY HAVE LIVES AND JOBS AND FAMILIES

DragonMaster2010

pretty sure tameem isn't taking notes from youtube comments and forum posts, pretty sure that no creative directors actually do that because you know, THEY HAVE LIVES AND JOBS AND FAMILIES

I'm sure he got a few things from youtube.

The "F*ck you" sign appearing in the Virility factory.
Bob Barbas's rants on him during the boss fight

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
It was used merely for example purposes as in to disprove the statement that NT didn't receive death threats and that it was just a marketing scam. They obviously received death threats due to the fan reaction. Here's a hint to all those who don't like DmC: IGNORE IT DON'T B*TCH ABOUT IT!!! I do get your point and probably should've found a better example but I'm lazy! :p

So I don't like the new direction Resident Evil is taking...I mean I really, really don't like it. I'm not a fan of the survival horror being traded in for action. Sure I liked Resident Evil 4, I've played it a lot, but that was about it. 5 wasn't memorable for me and 6 felt like a jumble of different games all in one. But the fact is for me 4, 5 and 6 just don't feel like a Resident Evil games to me anymore, nothing like the early games with the mansion or Raccoon City.

But...do I go on youtube videos of Resident Evil or Resident Evil forums posting abuse at those who do like them and calling those games sh*t and being creatively aggressive in my language when I do? Do I twitter Capcom, or make videos about them wishing they'd die for abandoning THEIR survival horror roots as if I owned the rights to the game? Am I going to ridicule every little word they say and turn it against them? NO! I might be upset but I'm not going to sink to that level of stupidity, because it's rude, it's abusive, and if I tried that stunt in a work or a school environment I'd get sacked or kicked out.

I might be a true fan of Resident Evil series because I followed those games from day one, but I don't have special priliveges over the future of Resident Evil. I hope things will change sure and I'll openly talk about that, but if they do another RE6 game I'm not going to start it 'let's give this company/series/fandom hell' campaign in the hope of getting my 'classic' series back.

People need to learn when to just walk away.

Rayl

Oh boo hoo they have lives and jobs and families, let me set aside the same for a moment so i can shed a tear for them as they expect me to full price for mediocrity.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
They are not REAL death threats. It's Ninja Theory sensationalizing bad press to get sympathy. The "death threats" are pictures New Dante being injured, which has been happening for years in a little thing called political cartoons. NOT the same thing.
If i could find it ninja retweeted a tweet that said **** you go DIE

Zilla

The inFAAMous
So I don't like the new direction Resident Evil is taking...I mean I really, really don't like it. I'm not a fan of the survival horror being traded in for action. Sure I liked Resident Evil 4, I've played it a lot, but that was about it. 5 wasn't memorable for me and 6 felt like a jumble of different games all in one. But the fact is for me 4, 5 and 6 just don't feel like a Resident Evil games to me anymore, nothing like the early games with the mansion or Raccoon City.

But...do I go on youtube videos of Resident Evil or Resident Evil forums posting abuse at those who do like them and calling those games sh*t and being creatively aggressive in my language when I do? Do I twitter Capcom, or make videos about them wishing they'd die for abandoning THEIR survival horror roots as if I owned the rights to the game? Am I going to ridicule every little word they say and turn it against them? NO! I might be upset but I'm not going to sink to that level of stupidity, because it's rude, it's abusive, and if I tried that stunt in a work or a school environment I'd get sacked or kicked out.

I might be a true fan of Resident Evil series because I followed those games from day one, but I don't have special priliveges over the future of Resident Evil. I hope things will change sure and I'll openly talk about that, but if they do another RE6 game I'm not going to start it 'let's give this company/series/fandom hell' campaign in the hope of getting my 'classic' series back.

People need to learn when to just walk away.
This girl, guys. This girl.

Well said, Acorn, this is what I've been wondering about a few who choose to post on here also, users who consistently have nothing but unnecessary attacks, with no real substance other than "Because I can...".

I don't understand why those who feel so dreadfully offended by the direction a game is heading even feel the need to visit a forum dedicated to that game. I mean, if they dislike it so much then what exactly appeals to them to even want to come on here? This is why I see these users as nothing but sly trolls who want reactions.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
You seem to be only looking at one side of the coin here. I've seen fans of DmC calling old fans trolls, yes. But I've also seen some things on this forum of the old fanbase that are just as immature and juvenile as the picture they're trying to paint on DmC.
Did you just make a devil may cry 2 refrence?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I though I'd just leave this here

mlfw5525-tumblr_m540j7Km6G1ru5991o2_1280.gif
mlfw5526-tumblr_m540j7Km6G1ru5991o3_1280.gif
mlfw5527-tumblr_m540j7Km6G1ru5991o4_1280.gif

AlchemistFromEden

Oh boo hoo they have lives and jobs and families, let me set aside the same for a moment so i can shed a tear for them as they expect me to full price for mediocrity.
yeah their job is delivering entitled people who sit at home entertainment and they accomplished that job, NT has openly stated before that sales do not matter, and many developers have said the same, in fact, david cage even said that game developers are hindered by the fact that they care too much about sales and that it limits creativeness in game development

Rayl

I'm not saying that though, i'm saying that there are people posting with legitimate points and constructive criticism that are being passed off as "old fans" thus "trolls"

DMC and DmC fans can bicker all the hell they want for all i care but when somebody has something potentially interesting to say, i refuse to stand by and watch as they're brushed aside and i don't care which "side" of the argument they're coming from.

DragonMaster2010

I'm not saying that though, i'm saying that there are people posting with legitimate points and constructive criticism that are being passed off as "old fans" thus "trolls"

DMC and DmC fans can bicker all the hell they want for all i care but when somebody has something potentially interesting to say, i refuse to stand by and watch as they're brushed aside and i don't care which "side" of the argument they're coming from.

Really? Is that so?

AlchemistFromEden

This girl, guys. This girl.

Well said, Acorn, this is what I've been wondering about a few who choose to post on here also, users who consistently have nothing but unnecessary attacks, with no real substance other than "Because I can...".

I don't understand why those who feel so dreadfully offended by the direction a game is heading even feel the need to visit a forum dedicated to that game. I mean, if they dislike it so much then what exactly appeals to them to even want to come on here? This is why I see these users as nothing but sly trolls who want reactions.
plus, its not like there isn't a section for all of the other devil may cry games that they just LOVE to post about constantly

Top Bottom