• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Really? Is that so?

Actually yes it is, when people have something interesting to say about DmC i've been more then happy to listen, i've discussed what i liked about DmC and i've also discussed what i would like to have seen done better. Hell i'm one of the people who feel Vergil's downfall has done alot to fix DmC's problems, to the point where i feel VD is a much better game overall then DmC itself is. So yeah. IT IS SO.

yeah their job is delivering entitled people who sit at home entertainment and they accomplished that job, NT has openly stated before that sales do not matter, and many developers have said the same, in fact, david cage even said that game developers are hindered by the fact that they care too much about sales and that it limits creativeness in game development

And what exactly is your point? That i'm right when i say that games are mediocre? Or are you saying perhaps that i'm claiming it's a mediocre game because of the sales? Because i assure you right now that when i say DmC is below average i mean the game is below average.

Or are you saying perhaps that because they're in that industry that they're providing a service to all of us and thus we don't have a right to say anything when they create things that aren't actually that good, if so then we should just accept that a game like, say.... Sonic 06, which is a barely working piece of crap but we should just deal with it because they've gone through the trouble of providing this "entertainment" for us?

Go ahead, tell me which one you mean exactly because i guarantee that i will give a grand total of zero ****s.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Actually yes it is, when people have something interesting to say about DmC i've been more then happy to listen, i've discussed what i liked about DmC and i've also discussed what i would like to have seen done better. Hell i'm one of the people who feel Vergil's downfall has done alot to fix DmC's problems, to the point where i feel VD is a much better game overall then DmC itself is. So yeah. IT IS SO.

And what exactly is your point? That i'm right when i say that games are mediocre? Or are you saying perhaps that i'm claiming it's a mediocre game because of the sales? Because i assure you right now that when i say DmC is below average i mean the game is below average.

Or are you saying perhaps that because they're in that industry that they're providing a service to all of us and thus we don't have a right to say anything when they create things that aren't actually that good, if so then we should just accept that a game like, say.... Sonic 06, which is a barely working piece of crap but we should just deal with it because they've gone through the trouble of providing this "entertainment" for us?

Go ahead, tell me which one you mean exactly because i guarantee that i will give a grand total of zero *****.

Can tell you this imo DmC is even with dmc3 not below not above, but that is my opinion

AlchemistFromEden

Or are you saying perhaps that because they're in that industry that they're providing a service to all of us and thus we don't have a right to say anything when they create things that aren't actually that good, if so then we should just accept that a game like, say.... Sonic 06 is a barely working piece of crap but we should just deal with it because they've gone through the trouble of providing this "entertainment" for us?

Go ahead, tell me which one you mean exactly because i guarantee that i will give a grand total of zero *****.

i've learned to just ignore when ungrateful gamers say a great and at worst good game is below average, sonic 06 is a below average game, seriously, i feel sorry if you can't let yourself feel entertained because of some entitlement to receive a masterpiece

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Hmmm...Welp alright then...

But I'll be watching you...closely...
tumblr_mimk5mPBLX1s3f5eao2_r1_500.jpg

Rayl

Can tell you this imo DmC is even with dmc3 not below not above, but that is my opinion

I've never claimed that people don't have the right to enjoy this game, if you enjoy DmC then all the power to you. If i come across as a "Stop having fun guys!" guy then i do apologise and i honestly don't mean for it to come across that way but i do feel strongly about the things that i do say, if only because DMC3 came out over eight years ago in Japan and is approaching it's eight birthday west side as well, so i shouldn't feel like that same game has more freedom, depth or style then a game that was released two months ago.

And nobody can say that i'm being bias, i made similar complaints about DMC4, i've made complaints about some of the things that Metal Gear Rising does and i do it for every game in some fashion.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I've never claimed that people don't have the right to enjoy this game, if you enjoy DmC then all the power to you. If i come across as a "Stop having fun guys!" guy then i do apologise and i honestly don't mean for it to come across that way but i do feel strongly about the things that i do say, if only because DMC3 came out over eight years ago in Japan and is approaching it's eight birthday west side as well, so i shouldn't feel like that same game has more freedom, depth or style then a game that was released two months ago.

And nobody can say that i'm being bias, i made similar complaints about DMC4, i've made complaints about some of the things that Metal Gear Rising does and i do it for every game in some fashion.
Just stating my opinion

Rayl

i've learned to just ignore when ungrateful gamers say a great and at worst good game is below average, sonic 06 is a below average game, seriously, i feel sorry if you can't let yourself feel entertained because of some entitlement to receive a masterpiece

I'm not looking for a god damn masterpiece, i'm looking for my money's worth of entertainment so that when the time comes and i say "Okay here's what i didn't like about the game" if at the end of that i can say "But that's okay because i feel like i got what it was worth" then that's a positive experience. I've said this about plenty of games, i still say to this day that Okami is the closest (in so many ways) thing to an actual masterpiece in gaming, not free of flaws but is probably the best thing that's happened in a LONG time.

Sonic 06 isn't a below average game, it's a crime against humanity. I played a freaking drinking game when i last played it and it was probably the biggest mistake of my life. (No seriously, DO. NOT. DO IT.) I'm actually (somehow) good at that game and i STILL found myself succumbing to it's evil.

Just stating my opinion

Please don't say that like i'm denying you the right to your opinion, because i am really, REALLY not.

AlchemistFromEden

I'm not looking for a god damn masterpiece, i'm looking for my money's worth of entertainment so that when the time comes and i say "Okay here's what i didn't like about the game" if at the end of that i can say "But that's okay because i feel like i got what it was worth" then that's a positive experience. I've said this about plenty of games, i still say to this day that Okami is the closest (in so many ways) thing to an actual masterpiece in gaming, not free of flaws but is probably the best thing that's happened in a LONG time.

Sonic 06 isn't a below average game, it's a crime against humanity. I played a freaking drinking game when i last played it and it was probably the biggest mistake of my life. (No seriously, DO. NOT. DO IT.) I'm actually (somehow) good at that game and i STILL found myself succumbing to it's evil.

Please don't say that like i'm denying you the right to your opinion, because i am really, REALLY not.
i felt like i got my money's worth, finally a dmc game that doesn't have what i viewed as flaws, such as backtracking, a incoherent story, characters with no depth, ridiculous levels of sexism

Rayl

If Heavenly Sword or Enslaved gets a sequel before God Hand, then there is no God....

God Hand is also a damn sight closer to perfection then ANY of the DMC games were i should add and while i agree with your statement, i don't see god playing much of a hand in a sequel happening.

AlchemistFromEden

God Hand is also a damn sight closer to perfection then ANY of the DMC games were i should add and while i agree with your statement, i don't see god playing much of a hand in a sequel happening.
lol you think god hand is close to perfection, lmao

Top Bottom