• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory Working on Something!

Terrutas

2421940-5975573232.jpeg

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I'd like it to be a sequel, but I'm not getting my hopes up. As for DLC, the Mass effect games have released quite a few after 3, so maybe they could do the same for DmC. Not sure what they would be about, or which characters or even when they would b set, but I know I would like to see more of DmC's world even if it is only in DLC form.
Sparda dlc that takes place before DmC maybe a aftermath for dante showing him turning his trailer into the shop.

Frazz

General gamer
Ignoring problems doesn't fix them, i understand that alot of DmC fans are getting annoyed by "fanboys" of the previous games but some of us are actually trying to be constructive in our criticism even if at times we find ourselves coming across as overly passionate about what we are saying, i am especially guilty of this as i truly wish to see change in the gaming industry, not just from NT or Capcom but from quite a few developers.

Which leads to me another thing i've been seeing around the forums (unrelated to your post Frazz, this part isn't directed to you) the past few days, certain DmC fans calling everybody who argues with them "Trolls", which is something i'm fed up with because it's not only asinine but it's also just another way of sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "LA-LA-LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU" after somebody says something they don't like, want to hear or, dare i say, proven wrong.
I can respect constructive criticism because it is usually from level headed people that know what they are talking about and I see your point about the 'troll' thing. I genuinely believe that the fanbase should stop insulting and as you say give constructive criticism! I think next gen will be good for DM/mC as the frame rate will be higher (end of DmC showed that environments won't move anymore so the game won't be locked at any framerate) and NT will be wiser and hopefully make the combat both fun and technical! Let's just hope that the next move for the franchise is the right one!

Desmodeus

This is either new ip or new dlc. And new IP is more probable. Why?
1)There is not Heavenly sword 2 since it's sells really poor. siquel was already canselled and I doubt that DmC sales was enough to persuade Sony to try again
2)Defenetly not enslaved since, if I'm not mistaken, Namco is pulled all their game development back to japan
3)DmC 2? Doubt very much. Not only DmC sells terribly for Capcom(they wanted initially 5 mln copies, then 2 mln and then lower expectation again.) but MGR easyly top DmC sales in one week. And with GoW appeared - I doubt situation would be able to change.

So NT might either try to make new Dlc(somewhat like Kat story) or found other company to fail)

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
This is either new ip or new dlc. And new IP is more probable. Why?
1)There is not Heavenly sword 2 since it's sells really poor. siquel was already canselled and I doubt that DmC sales was enough to persuade Sony to try again
2)Defenetly not enslaved since, if I'm not mistaken, Namco is pulled all their game development back to japan
3)DmC 2? Doubt very much. Not only DmC sells terribly for Capcom(they wanted initially 5 mln copies, then 2 mln and then lower expectation again.) but MGR easyly top DmC sales in one week. And with GoW appeared - I doubt situation would be able to change.

So NT might either try to make new Dlc(somewhat like Kat story) or found other company to fail)
1.1.5+ million copies sold is poor now? It may not have met sales expectations but saying that 1.5+ million copies for a PS3 exclusive sold in 2007, when the PS3 was in its infancy and with it also being a new IP, is poor is just plain cheeseburgerz.
2. Namco Bandai is simply the publisher of Enslaved and they do not own the Enslaved IP so whatever you said is irrelevant.
3. How about we avoid saying things that might lead to flame wars, kay?

Desmodeus

1.1.5+ million copies sold is poor now? It may not have met sales expectations but saying that 1.5+ million copies for a PS3 exclusive sold in 2007, when the PS3 was in its infancy and with it also being a new IP, is poor is just plain cheeseburgerz.
2. Namco Bandai was simply the publisher of Enslaved and they do not own the Enslaved IP so whatever you said is irrelevant.
3. How about we avoid saying things that might lead to flame wars?
1)Yet HS2 was cancelled due to low sales. Figure that!
2)Gothic, man. Gothic.
3)That just economics. For capcom, no matter how good game is, how art it is matter only money thay get. They didn't get money. Game fail for them. DmC is their brand=no more DmC

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
1)Yet HS2 was cancelled due to low sales. Figure that!
2)Gothic, man. Gothic.
3)That just economics. For capcom, no matter how good game is, how art it is matter only money thay get. They didn't get money. Game fail for them. DmC is their brand=no more DmC
1. There is no official statement from NT or Sony saying that HS2 was canceled due to poor sales so take your assumptions elsewhere. Feel free to prove me wrong.
2. Try making some sense.
3. "How about we avoid saying things that might lead to flame wars, kay?" ~ Cheesekao

1. There is no official statement from NT or Sony saying that HS2 was canceled due to poor sales so take your assumptions elsewhere. Feel free to prove me wrong.
3. "How about we avoid saying things that might lead to flame wars, kay?" ~ Cheesekao
lol, cheese he's a new member, prime troll material. Lets just all add him to ignore list.

Desmodeus

1)Feel free to state other reason that may force publisher to cancel game siquel. It's either low sales of first game(with lead to low sale expectation for siquel)
2)Gothic is the name of RPG series. At the beginning it was created by Piranha bites. After gothic 3 they wage war with publisher and part ways. Gothic name and franchise left in JoWood hands. Similar
3)How about we begin to count)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If it's a DmC2, or hell, just new stuff for DmC, I'm excited. I already got Bloody Palace and bought Vergil's Downfall and the skin pack (can't be bothered with weapon skins though), so I could use some more stuff. ^^

WorkenOnMaLeft

I would like to see more enemy variety, and no more color coding.

Part of what made VD so good is that it fixed both the problems I mentioned above. Not only did it remove color coding but it introduced new enemies that I found, are rather interesting.

The moveset is pretty cool, Vergil has some cool tech and depth to his movelist which you can use however you see fit, and best of all both his stances have particular uses rather than both having the same use while one is stronger than the other. Like Dante's.
It's intersting how you mentioned you liked Vergils moveset. i mean i did too but it left something to be desired, they missed a lot of inputs imo. like angel mode doesnt have any ground combos -.- the dash coud have just been forward 2x+melee button, divorce and both air combos for human and angel mode could have a pause combo option thrown in there, more charge moves. if they had added these things we are easily looking at 10-20 more moves, not to mention all the posibilties with cancelling and interlocking pause combos, my god! oh well.

Top Bottom