• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
S-sorry...?

(I think "black hair" is fine too...? Mighty fine, in fact.)
I don't give a crap about DmC Dante. I care only about DMC Dante - i am a Dante fan.

And it does not mean i am against DmC Dante, but anyone who says DmC Dante is DMC Dante is someone who are delusional or made his or her own world where things are the way he/she wants it.

So you treat DmC Dante as a Dante, and i will shut my mouth.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
but i really think that dante's white hair does not have to be explained
images

see that guy has it and he looks perfectly normal

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Let's chill - everyone's just joking about the whole "white hair mini-game" thing. It's obvious they won't do that (but if they did, I want Ana and I to get full credit for it :D). We're just messing around because the hair thing has been mentioned over and over and over and over again to the point of absurdity.

mrrandomlulz

Let's chill - everyone's just joking about the whole "white hair mini-game" thing. It's obvious they won't do that (but if they did, I want Ana and I to get full credit for it :D). We're just messing around because the hair thing has been mentioned over and over and over and over again to the point of absurdity.
I really don't care because if there is an alternate costume with a top hat and monocle i am happy
images

Ana

I don't give a crap about DmC Dante. I care only about DMC Dante - i am a Dante fan.

And it does not mean i am against DmC Dante, but anyone who says DmC Dante is DMC Dante is someone who are delusional or made his or her own world where things are the way he/she wants it.

So you treat DmC Dante as a Dante, and i will shut my mouth.

....How can they be the same? They're two (2) characters in two (2) continuities.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
But they're pretending to be western and sadly THEY fail miserably in capturing dante's appearance first-off all !

Dante is 30% eastarn 70%western no he is
This DanteX is 30%$hit and 70%meth

mrrandomlulz

But they're pretending to be western and sadly THEY fail miserably in capturing dante's appearance first-off all !

Dante is 30% eastarn 70%western no he is
This DanteX is 30%$hit and 70%meth
and top hat monocle dante is
100% gentleman and 9001% awesome
your point is ?

ReRave

smug jerk
Ohohoho! You asked for it now! It's 6 am, I haven't slept and it's on now!
Haha, European time is the best time. ^^

Patently untrue! Subtext exists in the phrasing of messages as well! If I wrote, "Dante sure has a large sword," you could, if you chose to, see that as me implying something about certain private measurements! However, my actual text only talks about his sword! Subtext is simply anything you choose to read into, beyond the most basic surface meaning. (In fact, it's a kind of subtext that you assume which Dante and which sword I'm talking about!) Subtext is crucial to communication, but it can be easily misunderstood!

(Don't get on this subject. My mom is a Communication scholar and I had to edit all her work.)
Fair enough, you win. I do admit though, that this part of the post was simple naysaying for the hell of it.

Since it's all subtext, we can't really know what NT meant, so I'll just drop this point. We understand what we "heard," but we obviously read it differently, so that's that. I'll concede that you're probably right. I can be stupidly oversensitive.
That's quite ok, you obviously don't know CoolDemon. Thank god, that guy is on my ignore-list.

Bah! Fans are pansies! And anyway, they'll be unhappy either way, so a better strategy would be to convince those that want to be convinced - and those people don't want to keep hearing about Old Dante. (I still keep reading a sort of mild implication that the new version is superior. I don't like that, so I wish they'd stop talking about him.)
There are more of them, then there are of us. Keep that in mind.

Nero wore a long coat too, but he jumped around quite a bit, so I saw plen.... Er. Well, anyway.
And I'll have you know Kratos had some truly amazing thighs way back when!
You need help.

Lara was also quite sexy, even with basic polygons! Ivy... meh. Too much. Now Sophitia...
...I feel like I lost the thread of conversation there.
What was your first clue?^^

Top Bottom