• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well, originally it was Ninja Theory's plan to keep him very much the same, hair and all. In fact, that was the original design pitched. Capcom decided to take drastic changes telling Ninja to " Really go for it. Make a design you know we'll hate and we will build it up to what we want from there." That's when the infamous design of a shirtless, suspender wearing Dante came from.
It will be nice to see those designs and the death threats after DmC is over. :) am i only one looking forward to them?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well, to be fair with them since they wanted a new story from which to start the franchise again in order to revolutionalize the series and create a universe from which they could provide us more games, thus earning more buyers, the new Dante had to be different.

The old Dante is considered by many fans to be super-special-awesome. So if they made him appear weaker, different, etc, it'll probably anger the fans anyway. So what remains to be done? Make a new Dante which no one yet knows and doing anything to him won't annoy anyone since he doesn't have any fans yet.

Not really they've made lets see....... 22 TITLES in the same canon storyline !! O_O OMG and see here DMC tiny little fella Has Only two virtually canon sequels which continues the story in any sense DMC1&2 that's it we're done and we got one prequel 3 and one interquel 4 which isn't really needed

all we need is to continue DMC2 actually i think they should have just named the prequel DMC "Dante's awakening" so we can call DMC3 a sequel for DMC2 just like tekken tag and then tekken 4 followed by tekken 5 which continues the canon storyline

but they just wanted to try something new ? why i can play as dante in next 22 games why try to replace him when he just has two canon story and 2 prequels ?

They're hitting the Reboot button which is just
2Q==
=
images

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

It will be nice to see those designs and the death threats after DmC is over. :) am i only one looking forward to them?
I agree it really would bee nice but don't expect something good from evil people like them. The death threads.... i said it before and i'll say it again they're only using this to gain attention and make themselves look like they're the victims BUT THEY'RE NOT.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

pfft that's utter fake @cooldemon Taneem was gathering the hype for DmC that's all no one is stupid enough to actually go to that extent

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
pfft that's utter fake @cooldemon Taneem was gathering the hype for DmC that's all no one is stupid enough to actually go to that extent
you don't know that for a fact. as a matter of fact if you search on their facebook page you will more than likely find pretty stupid death threats.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
I agree it really would bee nice but don't expect something good from evil people like them. The death threads.... i said it before and i'll say it again they're only using this to gain attention and make themselves look like they're the victims BUT THEY'RE NOT.

It'd be nice. To quote his words,

" We didn’t expect death threats in comic book form or anti-DmC death metal songs!”

I've gone through 200 Google pages searching for them but haven't yet seen any kinda "death threats in comic book form". Seriously.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
any solid evident to that statement you made ?? I'd like to see
actually that's why i told you to go look, because i don't feel like searching through the mess to prove my point, if you don't believe me that's cool i understand. i just really don't feel like looking for specific examples.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
any solid evident to that statement you made ?? I'd like to see

Actually, I cut myself some slack and did some searching on their facebook page, but to my dismay, I didn't find anything that could be categorised under "death threats".

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Actually, I cut myself some slack and did some searching on their facebook page, but to my dismay, I didn't find anything that could be categorised under "death threats".
yeah im sorry i couldn't provide specific examples, but when i first added the devil may cry facebook page i found death threats. they were really sloppy, simplistic death threats, nothing serious or anything stuff like "Ninja theory i hope you die!" "I will kill whoever did this to dante!" stuff like that.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

you mean this garbage :-
they're just some insane ppl who needs mental help they can't even be taken seriously

ReRave

smug jerk
I'd say that's partially due to the fact that NT has the rights to delete any offensive material, as they have done in the past especially on their facebook-page and on youtube. Well, it stays, that I have seen those death threats (I've been active on said facebook-page for half a year or so) in verbal form, don't know what kind of Comic we are talking about here.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'd say that's partially due to the fact that NT has the rights to delete any offensive material, as they have done in the past especially on their facebook-page and on youtube. Well, it stays, that I have seen those death threats (I've been active on said facebook-page for half a year or so) in verbal form, don't know what kind of Comic we are talking about here.

you think verbal cursing are enough to be labelled as "Death threat" for an official NT Dev needs to take it seriously ?? come on ! its just NT and their dirty tactics !

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
yeah im sorry i couldn't provide specific examples, but when i first added the devil may cry facebook page i found death threats. they were really sloppy, simplistic death threats, nothing serious or anything stuff like "Ninja theory i hope you die!" "I will kill whoever did this to dante!" stuff like that.

Dude, no need tO provide specific examples. Don't sweat it.
I agree there have been nasty comments put up by some imbeciles but nothing, I found, could be called as "death threats". For instance, I couldn't find "I'll kill you" kinda stuff but I was lucky enough to find, "NT you'll die for this." or "I hope Tameem goes to hell", which are not exactly death threats.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree there have been nasty comments put up by some imbts.

Death threat is something serious like taneem walks up to the bathroom and he finds someone like this :-
Z
NOW That's what i call a death threat BTW anyone else finds that duck funny ?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I agree there have been nasty comments put up by some imbeciles but nothing, I found, could be called as "death threats". For instance, I couldn't find "I'll kill you" kinda stuff but I was lucky enough to find, "NT you'll die for this." or "I hope Tameem goes to hell", which are not exactly death threats.
mkay well that's just the silly kind of stuff i was talking about. it could very much be that this is just a publicity stunt by nt, or it could easily be that someone actually has sent death threats, but as long as the "death threats" don't affect their progress on the game, i guess it doesn't affect me.

ReRave

smug jerk
So where's the line guys? Where is the difference between an anonymous typed letter in your postbox and a comment on facebook?
If someone says "Die, scumbag, for ruining my favourite video-game", then I personally would take that very serious.
I mean, what's the matter with that bunch of lunatics (and don't give me the "they-don't-exist-because-I-can't-see-proof-crap", because I was there!) that get all foaming faces over a damn game?
If NT felt they had to adress those idiots, then so be it. Suddendly all of them shut up. I can't find a single one anywhere (maybe NT-mods are THAT thorough?).

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
mkay well that's just the silly kind of stuff i was talking about. it could very much be that this is just a publicity stunt by nt, or it could easily be that someone actually has sent death threats, but as long as the "death threats" don't affect their progress on the game, i guess it doesn't affect me.

Well, that's what I expect from a DmC supporter. Keep your spirits high....who knows, this might turn out to be better than DMC!! :)

you think verbal cursing are enough to be labelled as "Death threat" for an official NT Dev needs to take it seriously ?? come on ! its just NT and their dirty tactics !

My point, exactly. Cursing someone is quite different from sending death threats!

ReRave

smug jerk
Also, (since I can't edit my posts for some reason):
What kind of publicity stunt is the fake of death threats? Publicity would be effective, if it has anything to do with the game itself, not with the developers. I bet they have at least ten guys sitting in the marketing-office that know, that there are a million other ways to advertise your game (In Antoniades' case changing your hairstyle, for example).

So please think before you write crap like "It's probably just a publicity stunt", because there is no logical basis for it whatsoever.

Top Bottom