• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well platinum said that they are ready to take over NT's reboot and capcom only need to ask but its impossible for platinum to take it over now.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well he's 1000% about DMC4 thx 4 the video but the dice game is fun if you know the "Trick"
I thought I was the only one who knew that. You time the dice too? ...and I'm not disagreeing that this game will not sell as well as Capcom wants.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I thought I was the only one who knew that. You time the dice too? ...and I'm not disagreeing that this game will not sell as well as Capcom wants.

Its pretty easy if you are playing as nero just wait until the desired number comes on the top just a sec before target it and just press DB and you get the desired amount of things but still you have to face the boss in DMD mode

yeah it is just DMC4 with new paint job not really people have mixed thoughts on this title so it will pretty decent but not great

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
@Tony tell me one thing do you try to touch the thorns when you pluck roses from your garden ?

I'm not really into flowersXD

and btw who buys games ??? Gamers are they different = yes that's why we have different genre for their unique tastes

they're like
*RPG
*Action/adventure
*Shootng TPS/FPS
*Survival horror I think capcom Brought to life and murdered this with its own greedy hands by making RE4 but that was focued on fans of action/adventure who love action 24/7 which is why they got huge success even though old fans were bitter with RE4/5
*Hack'n'slash which is basically old school final fight games in next generation made by accident but got them lots of $ they made another messed it up then they made another which got even more success that DMC1 did so what should they do ?? make a decent sequel but they didn't they just made a mediocre game like DMC4 so it didn't get them enough $ as expected

You mean to tell me that someone who like RPG games (for example) will like each and every one of them? Of course not. Each game have many different appeals that will attract a gamer besides its genre. I actually hate FPS games, I hate them with a passion. I like one or two though because of the story and some other elements who made me finish through the game despite my annoyance with the camera being like that etc.

And just because you think DmC will be mediocre, doesn't mean it will. Sure it's not the same place or the same main character but besides that, can you actually say that someone new to the series will have a problem with that? Of course not. They won't care about new Dante or old Dante. And the game might actually be a nice experience despite the lack in old Dante-ness. And if they like the gameplay, they're very likely to try and get their hands on the DMC HD. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a supporter. I'm just not a hater either. My point was this: DmC might actually be an enjoyable game. Just try to forget that it's a Devil May Cry, with a new Dante main character. You might actually enjoy playing it. I'm just saying. Give it a fair chance before judging it for being a failure as a Devil May Cry in your DMC-fan-eyes;)

Also your comment about "who buys games" let me a bit confused.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
How about we call this game Apparitions Shall Weep :D
And then we can all give the game a chance :3
images

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm not really into flowersXD

Also your comment about "who buys games" let me a bit confused.

Its so easy dude i meant to say roses are DMCHD collection in the Cd shop and DmC is the ruff pointy edges surrounding it XD

Well i just said "Who buys games" to say generally gamers buy games and then proceeded in explaining about gaming category lol

"Just try to forget that it's a Devil May Cry, with a new Dante main character"

Well @tony i think Capcom should've made this easier by renaming dante to DanteX and changing tweaking the title to "Do maggots die" or something which has DMC but still not "Devil may cry" nevertheless i am not hating on the game its just not up to the level i make it out

but I'll try the demo for sure art direction seems cool and pc version seems to have HD quality :D

just stop guys like @ReRave from triggering my DT you know what i mean right ?

godot-catch.gif

Tiran

The great pretender.
Its so easy dude i meant to say roses are DMCHD collection in the Cd shop and DmC is the ruff pointy edges surrounding it XD

Well i just said "Who buys games" to say generally gamers buy games and then proceeded in explaining about gaming category lol

"Just try to forget that it's a Devil May Cry, with a new Dante main character"

Well @tony i think Capcom should've made this easier by renaming dante to DanteX and changing tweaking the title to "Do maggots die" or something which has DMC but still not "Devil may cry" nevertheless i am not hating on the game its just not up to the level i make it out

but I'll try the demo for sure art direction seems cool and pc version seems to have HD quality :D

just stop guys like @ReRave from triggering my DT you know what i mean right ?

I guess we all have to accept that we have different tastes. I like the original series for it's combat mostly. I'm not fond of the Portrayal or character of Dante. Though, I think he does look cool. This game will hopefully tickle my urge for deep combat and a good story and performance by real actors.

Tiran

The great pretender.
real actors ?? what do you mean by that ?
Thespians.
Acteurs
Artists of stage and screen

The kind of people that make you appreciate the difference between an animated feature voiced by Patrick Stewart and one voiced by some random ocean group voice. Have you heard the terrible voice acting in the Asura's Wrath trailers and demos (shudder)?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective

Well yes I see your point, but for them it was inevitable that "Dante" should stay. After all "Dante" (I mean not the character, but rather the entity of him being the main character). If not for him, Nero would have taken his place due to his success in DMC4. But he was overshadowed by "Dante" again. So Capcom probably thought that the element of "Dante being the main character in a Devil May Cry game" is essential for it to succeed. Thus the new character was inevitably again a "Dante". ;)

Same with the title of the series. Though to be fair they did "change" it from "Devil May Cry" to "DmC: Devil May Cry". Not a serious change but a change nevertheless.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
W
Same with

Oh man irony is happening to Capcom here they know Dante is essential for building a DMC game but they terribly fail to realise that Name "Dante" isn't the only thing which needs to be taken from the old series they have to capture the whole appearance of Dante and redesign it in a western way

not pitting a random character with Dante name slapped onto him "Mah name is Dante" tch he's really trying hard to be something which he isn't he must find who he is not assume what he isn't :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh man irony is happening to Capcom here they know Dante is essential for building a DMC game but they terribly fail to realise that Name "Dante" isn't the only thing which needs to be taken from the old series they have to capture the whole appearance of Dante and redesign it in a western way

not pitting a random character with Dante name slapped onto him "Mah name is Dante" tch he's really trying hard to be something which he isn't he must find who he is not assume what he isn't :)

Well, to be fair with them since they wanted a new story from which to start the franchise again in order to revolutionalize the series and create a universe from which they could provide us more games, thus earning more buyers, the new Dante had to be different.

The old Dante is considered by many fans to be super-special-awesome. So if they made him appear weaker, different, etc, it'll probably anger the fans anyway. So what remains to be done? Make a new Dante which no one yet knows and doing anything to him won't annoy anyone since he doesn't have any fans yet.

Tiran

The great pretender.

well, originally it was Ninja Theory's plan to keep him very much the same, hair and all. In fact, that was the original design pitched. Capcom decided to take drastic changes telling Ninja to " Really go for it. Make a design you know we'll hate and we will build it up to what we want from there." That's when the infamous design of a shirtless, suspender wearing Dante came from.

Top Bottom