• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

ZeroLove

Give it back? You can't see it?:O Tell me more about it through PM. A screenshot would also be awesome.

From what I understand, Angel took it away because people were being really harsh and mean in their posts, but then quickly edited it away, however, Angel could see the original posts and then "punished" us by taking away the edit button.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
you don't know that for a fact. as a matter of fact if you search on their facebook page you will more than likely find pretty stupid death threats.
Is it really a death threat if it's on a social media such as Facebook?
Or is it just a angry DMC fan?

Because just because someone writes "Ninja theory Die!" does not mean it's a death threat. It's could just be someone expressing their hate towards Ninja theory company.

I hope Ninja theory company to fail badly with DmC - does it make a death threat? No, i want the company to fail. I don't want them to die.

And even if i said "Ninja theory die!" on Facebook or on this forum - is it really a death threat?
A death threat is a serious threat. And the idea with a death threat is to send it to a certain people (in this case Tameem). How is it death threats if someone writes "Ninja theory should die"?
Ninja theory is a company, and there is a HUUUGE difference between someone writing a letter with this (and someone posting on a social media/forum):

"Tameem Antoniades your and X. You ruined DMC. If i see you out in the street i will beat you up".
Now ^ that above is a example of a simple death threat. All that is needed for it to be t aken seriously is me sending it to the person i am threating.

Next time you see a death threat on Facebook , please take a screenshot of it Choco (block the name of user if you want).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Is it really a death threat if it's on a social media such as Facebook?
Or is it just a angry DMC fan?

Because just because someone writes "Ninja theory Die!" does not mean it's a death threat. It's could just be someone expressing their hate towards Ninja theory company.

I hope Ninja theory company to fail badly with DmC - does it make a death threat? No, i want the company to fail. I don't want them to die.

And even if i said "Ninja theory die!" on Facebook or on this forum - is it really a death threat?
A death threat is a serious threat. And the idea with a death threat is to send it to a certain people (in this case Tameem). How is it death threats if someone writes "Ninja theory should die"?
Ninja theory is a company, and there is a HUUUGE difference between someone writing a letter with this (and someone posting on a social media/forum):

"Tameem Antoniades your and X. You ruined DMC. If i see you out in the street i will beat you up".
Now ^ that above is a example of a simple death threat. All that is needed for it to be t aken seriously is me sending it to the person i am threating.

Next time you see a death threat on Facebook , please take a screenshot of it Choco (block the name of user if you want).
okay i could see how you can come to that conclusion. i myself think there is a difference between hateful comments and death threats, however if someone puts something in their comment along the lines of an employee of ninja theory, the company itself, the people who work there or whatever dying then it is at least a minor death threat. maybe nothing serious and nothing that should be looked into, but still a minor verbal attack, and i will take a screenshot next time i see one.

ReRave

smug jerk
Not really. Maybe the Mega Man series?
That would have been my only example. Maybe it's simply because of the amount of love this game has received over a decade and the depth you could achieve by tweaking the controls.
I don't share the hate for this game and I'm having a hard time emphazising with those who do.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
okay i could see how you can come to that conclusion. i myself think there is a difference between hateful comments and death threats, however if someone puts something in their comment along the lines of an employee of ninja theory, the company itself, the people who work there or whatever dying then it is at least a minor death threat. maybe nothing serious and nothing that should be looked into, but still a minor verbal attack, and i will take a screenshot next time i see one.
I guess it's a minor death threat, but i really don't take those kind of things serious because:
1) It's on internet
2) Person hasn't sent this threat to the person he/she is threating (so how is he really serious about beating/killing up X NT employee?)
3) I don't think Ninja theory employee read all the comments on social medias or forums.

and 4) If you see a death threat - you report it to police.
I got no impression from Ninja theory that they have done such thing. And the death threats Tameem said they received may be just anti DmC stuff blown out of proportion. But i am not saying that could be same case with Facebook. I believe you when you say you've seen threats on Facebook - it's just that it could just be hateful comment.

But i would like to see a death threat you spot on Facebook. I am currently trying to find one on Facebook (trying - it's not easy lol).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah they're definitely not serious and i doubt anyone takes them seriously either, but maybe when ninja theory said they have received death threats, these hateful comments were what they were talking about. also i believe the mods have been deleting any inappropriate comments on the facebook page, but that's just a guess.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yeah they're definitely not serious and i doubt anyone takes them seriously either, but maybe when ninja theory said they have received death threats, these hateful comments were what they were talking about. also i believe the mods have been deleting any inappropriate comments on the facebook page, but that's just a guess.
I was on a Facebook page called "DmC - Devil May Cry" (It looked very offical - perhaps it was Ninja theory's representation of DmC).

Later i went to the offical page, and i had to like DmC page to be able to join the community that goes with it.
Talk about black mailing lol - the FB account isn't even mine.
I didn't like of course so the search ends there for me.

I don't think the death threats Tameem talked about is real death threats. Here is the lyrics to a anti DmC music video called "Emo May Cry", and it's a song i HIGHLY suspect to be the song that Tameem received and described as "anti DmC metal song":

Destroying his face it's rebooting phase!
Nothing will be the same!
Cutting his wrists it's the newborn twist!
Destined to be lame!

Ninja Theory... stop your blasphemy!!!

Emo may cry needs to ****ing die
An abomination of .. human kind I say:
Emo may cry needs to ****ing die I can't stand this reboot
it's such a lie!

DIE DIE DIIIE!!!

Hey do you want some pizza!? Maybe a strawberry sundae!
No I want to spraypaint the wall..........

Crapcom is losing their gaming touch!
Buttfucking all their fans!
Recent events show their mindless ****s!
It's time to take a stand!

Ninja Theory and Crapcom it's time to flee!!

Emo may cry needs to ****ing die
Emo may cry needs to ****ing die I can't stand this reboot
it's such a lie!

HAHAHA I'll be laughing my ****ing ass off when your game flops!

CHORUS...

He looks like a ****ing punk.... I don't get it...
How the **** could they ****ing do this **** to Dante

JUST DON'T ****ING DO IT MAN!

Tameem also said this:
Apparently, the developer is very disturbed with the life-threatening situation around him. He said: "I'm very curious about these death threats in comic book form and anti-DMC death metal songs. Ninja Theory should bundle them with a Collector's Edition or something."

Does he mean bundle as in add the death threats to Collector's Edition for the people who buy it to view them? Because if Ninja theory wants me to believe their words - they have to show me those death threats.
Or even tell us that they have reported the death threats to police.

But i really want to see the death threats. As i said i suspect that music video "Emo May Cry" is one of them - and it's really not a death threat (just a anti-DmC song).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I was on a Facebook page called "DmC - Devil May Cry" (It looked very offical - perhaps it was Ninja theory's representation of DmC).

Later i went to the offical page, and i had to like DmC page to be able to join the community that goes with it.
Talk about black mailing lol - the FB account isn't even mine.
I didn't like of course so the search ends there for me.

I don't think the death threats Tameem talked about is real death threats. Here is the lyrics to a anti DmC music video called "Emo May Cry", and it's a song i HIGHLY suspect to be the song that Tameem received and described as "anti DmC metal song":

Destroying his face it's rebooting phase!
Nothing will be the same!
Cutting his wrists it's the newborn twist!
Destined to be lame!

Ninja Theory... stop your blasphemy!!!

Emo may cry needs to ******* die
Emo may cry needs to ******* die I can't stand this reboot
it's such a lie!

DIE DIE DIIIE!!!

Hey do you want some pizza!? Maybe a strawberry sundae!
No I want to spraypaint the wall..........

Crapcom is losing their gaming touch!
Buttfucking all their fans!
Recent events show their mindless *****!
It's time to take a stand!

Ninja Theory and Crapcom it's time to flee!!

Emo may cry needs to ******* die
Emo may cry needs to ******* die I can't stand this reboot
it's such a lie!

HAHAHA I'll be laughing my ******* ass off when your game flops!

CHORUS...

He looks like a ******* punk.... I don't get it...
How the **** could they ******* do this **** to Dante

JUST DON'T ******* DO IT MAN!

Tameem also said this:
Apparently, the developer is very disturbed with the life-threatening situation around him. He said: "I'm very curious about these death threats in comic book form and anti-DMC death metal songs. Ninja Theory should bundle them with a Collector's Edition or something."

Does he mean bundle as in add the death threats to Collector's Edition for the people who buy it to view them? Because if Ninja theory wants me to believe their words - they have to show me those death threats.
Or even tell us that they have reported the death threats to police.

But i really want to see the death threats. As i said i suspect that music video "Emo May Cry" is one of them - and it's really not a death threat (just a anti-DmC song).
wait what? the bundle thing confused me. i would hope ninja theory wouldn't bundle something like death threats into a collector's edition of DmC. "Hey guys if you buy the collector's edition of the game you get to see these notes people sent us threatening our lives! :D its even better than DLC!"

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
wait what? the bundle thing confused me. i would hope ninja theory wouldn't bundle something like death threats into a collector's edition of DmC. "Hey guys if you buy the collector's edition of the game you get to see these notes people sent us threatening our lives! :D its even better than DLC!"
Well i don't understand what he means, but i am GUESSING he means that they could add the death threats to Collector's Edition. Since it's a song and a comic.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well i don't understand what he means, but i am GUESSING he means that they could add the death threats to Collector's Edition. Since it's a song and a comic.
i understand what he means either, and im guessing what you're guessing, but i really hope they don't do that. putting a comic and music video in the game, which it is making fun of. that would be really lame, hopefully we are just misunderstanding what he is saying.

* don't understand is what i meant to put. not being able to edit our posts sucks :(

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
PPL are talking wayyyy to much out of logic here "Death "threat" see how i marked the word threat in Red that means It depends on you're really threatened by that stupid childish "I will kill you blah blah" statement if you feel threatened

then you guys really take everything seriously in life :cool:

I mean its Internet you can type 1000's of things in seconds and you can do 10000000's of criminal activities and still not go to jail you can literally abuse someone to death and you still get can away with that and "Death Threat" doesn't really matter when its just coming from a guy who just hates your game and just wants to curse you and make you feel bad but Seriously

is it that easy to get into tannem's personal house ? why would anyone do that much hectic job ?? why the main question IS HOW can they do it can you contact and reach NT's studio easily with a gun or knife ?? its childish when you think it and calling it a "Threat" is even more childish of you guys see i found one so called "Threat" to taneems near and dear life THIS GUY >>
images
and this one
images
see how they look so creepy and threatening ??

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
PPL are talking wayyyy to much out of logic here "Death "threat" see how i marked the word threat in Red that means It depends on you're really threatened by that stupid childish "I will kill you blah blah" statement if you feel threatened

then you guys really take everything seriously in life :cool:

I mean its Internet you can type 1000's of things in seconds and you can do 10000000's of criminal activities and still not go to jail you can literally abuse someone to death and you still get can away with that and "Death Threat" doesn't really matter when its just coming from a guy who just hates your game and just wants to curse you and make you feel bad but Seriously

is it that easy to get into tannem's personal house ? why would anyone do that much hectic job ?? why the main question IS HOW can they do it can you contact and reach NT's studio easily with a gun or knife ?? its childish when you think it and calling it a "Threat" is even more childish of you guys see i found one so called "Threat" to taneems near and dear life THIS GUY >>
images
and this one
images
see how they look so creepy and threatening ??
you should stop calling people names, we are having a civil debate on the subject.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Guys do chill out. There's neither a reason to call people names nor any other reason to be taking everything so personal.

Top Bottom