• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well at first they said that it was canon specifically Alex said that this is the same Dante just younger no one believed him of course because he didn't look and act like Dante now they moved the game as a parallel dimension when asked if DMC will ever continue capcom replied it depends on D*C... or something like that anyway they hinted something.... and i think it's about time we all realize it D*C is planed to replace Devil May Cry permanently that's the truth.
Why do people put D*C? :confused:
And yes, this whole placing of the DmC story is everywhere. Not that I care--I see it as a totally separate game from the rest of the series. Just a spin-off/replacement/reboot.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Jesus Christ, theres quite a bit of bitching on this thread to say it in the most polite terms. :cool:
You made a post saying three studios are working on DmC - i asked who the third studio is, and i never got a answer. So who's the third studio?

Dante47

You made a post saying three studios are working on DmC - i asked who the third studio is, and i never got a answer. So who's the third studio?
Oh you did? There's no name, but heres an excerpt from the Wikipedia article.

DmC: Devil May Cry is an upcoming action game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Capcom for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It will be the first title in the series not to be developed by Capcom. Another change is that the game will be the result of a collaboration of three developers with the core development being handled by the English studio Ninja Theory, while the Japanese and American branches of Capcom will supervise and co-operate with the production creatively and logistically.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
From what I can guess, yes. But just because they're part of the same company, does not mean they aren't separate studios.
I think first year of DmC Capcom america helped alot with gameplay of DmC. After the gameplay was "there", then the only job left for Capcom company was Capcom japan overseeing the project.

Ana

Do you know any other iconic series that went through that kind of radical change?

Totally late answer:

Castlevania -> Lords of Shadow
Bomberman -> Act Zero (Yes, yes, we pretend it never happened...)
Alone in the Dark -> The New Nightmare
Silent Hill -> Shattered Memories
Prince of Persia (Sands of Time trilogy) -> 2008 (no subtitle)
Tomb Raider -> twice
and many, many more...

(Some of these, you could argue are for the best. But the fact remains.)
There's also things like long series with lots of sub-series (e.g. Megami Tensei), which functions like a slightly more removed reboot, and games are that are supposedly in the timeline, but only just (e.g. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Mortal Combat 9... maybe?).

Dante47

Don't forget about Splinter Cell. Sam Fisher who is supposed to be nearing his 70's looks like he's 20 in SC Conviction. Not only that gameplay changed completely.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Don't forget about Splinter Cell. Sam Fisher who is supposed to be nearing his 70's looks like he's 20 in SC Conviction. Not only that gameplay changed completely.
I've always had trouble getting my head around Sam Fisher's age and how he looks. I mean, I know the guy is really fit and all but even the most fit and healthy people in the world surely cannot avoid looking a bit creased around the edges once they hit a certain age?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I've always had trouble getting my head around Sam Fisher's age and how he looks. I mean, I know the guy is really fit and all but even the most fit and healthy people in the world surely cannot avoid looking a bit creased around the edges once they hit a certain age?

Leon is no exception :-
Leon-Resident-Evil-6-resident-evil-28510808-620-338.jpg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Sorry, my grammar wasn't to good on that post. What I'm saying is that Sam Fisher from the SC series looks much younger then he did previously and is much more agile, though he is nearing 70.

What ??? he looks younger even if he's like 70 OMG can you show me some pics ??? even ezio in ACrevelation looks pretty aged because he's 65
9k=

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Isn't Dante based off Leon anyway? Because DMC was meant to be Resident Evil 4.
Lol mate if you ask me - all Resident Evil males look the same.

Gun - check
Same hair style - check

"Points gun while surrounded by many zombies" - check

The Resident Evil Male main character receipe.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Lol mate if you ask me - all Resident Evil males look the same.

Gun - check
Same hair style - check

"Points gun while surrounded by many zombies" - check

The Resident Evil Male main character receipe.
But I thought the only two main characters were Leon and Chris? :confused: I don't know...I'm totally ignorant of the RE storyline (much to my shame...)

Top Bottom