• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nightwing Film

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
NightwingMain.jpg

McKay’s Nightwing movie is still a long ways off, considering that there are at least six or seven DCEU (short for DC Extended Universe, for some reason) films already scheduled ahead of it. That being said, Nightwing is known for his humor, as opposed to his caped former mentor, which the studio might find appealing.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...s-is-developing-a-nightwing-movie-with-l.html

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, I like Nightwing so I wouldn't be opposed to a movie.

I'd just be concerned that it'd feel too similar to Batman in style/tone.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Here's hoping they pull material from the superb Nightwing comic run before Dan DiDio dropped a nuke on Bludhaven. Some of that story content really sways into Daredevil and Punisher territory in terms of being dark crime stories.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Let them make one really good batman movie first. There wasn't one since Dark Knight.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This is a longshot but i would rather they pull from the recent Grayson comic rather than the bludhaven stuff.

That comic was about Dick Grayson infiltrating Spyral (a scifi spy agency) on Batman's orders.

Making him DC's Super Spy helps him contribute as a character, stand out from Batman and plays to his strengths.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hmm, I like Nightwing so I wouldn't be opposed to a movie.

I'd just be concerned that it'd feel too similar to Batman in style/tone.

Well the person directing will be the same guy who did Lego Batman, and the script writer being the one who wrote the script for The Accountant (another movie Ben Affleck played in along with soon-to-be Commissioner Gordon's J.K. Simmons.)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@DragonMaster2010: That whole J.K. Simmons as Gordon thing is going to really throw me off...

...I'd be like "What's J. Jonah Jameson doing helping out Batman? Why isn't he at the Daily Bugle telling Peter Parker off?".

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Honestly the last DC animated film i really wanted to see was JL Gods and Monsters. Which was this radical elsewords thing. Everything else has been pretty meh.

Would people be ok with them using under the red hood as the focus of the story?

having Nightwing go against Red hood only to realize its a ressurected Jason Todd? The favorite son vs the fallen son?

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
which one? Son of the Batman was horrible with big H. The whole new DC animations are such major steps down from all old ones, that I dunno where to begin with :/

Yeah, most animated DC movies in general have been lack-luster. Not straight up awful but very bland. Justice League Dark wasn't as bad as Bad Blood but...eeeh.

And then there was the Killing Joke which was all types of bad to me.

Not to mention the fact that most DC animated movies have all been or have something heavily to do with Batman have begun to irk me. We never get to see any animated movies of Superman or, hell, even Wonder Woman. Jeez.

I hope Judas Contract will be good but I've been wrong before.

At least Justice League Action is pretty good. And with Young Justice returning, maybe it'll get better.

Would people be ok with them using under the red hood as the focus of the story?

having Nightwing go against Red hood only to realize its a ressurected Jason Todd? The favorite son vs the fallen son?

I feel like that should be more for a Batman movie then a Nightwing one. Maybe have Red Hood be used like Red X was in Teen Titans as an anonymous anti-hero whom Nightwing fights but never figures out who he is.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
which one? Son of the Batman was horrible with big H. The whole new DC animations are such major steps down from all old ones, that I dunno where to begin with :/
I dunno about that.

You said since The Dark Knight, right? That's 2008. Since then, there's Batman: Under the Red Hood, Green Lantern: First Flight, Superman: Unbound, Batman: Year One, Assault on Arkham... And that's to say nothing of the recent Justice League movies, like War, Gods & Monsters, and the best one, Flashpoint Paradox. I loved all of those.

The Batman movies of the last two years have been crap because they've all been centered around the living cringe-fest that is Damian Wayne. But saying all Batman films since the Dark Knight have been crap? I don't agree at all.

And this is coming from someone who primarily sticks to Marvel material because of raging indifference to anything DC-related after the DCAU that started with The Animated Series ended back in 2007.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I dunno about that.

You said since The Dark Knight, right? That's 2008. Since then, there's Batman: Under the Red Hood, Green Lantern: First Flight, Superman: Unbound, Batman: Year One, Assault on Arkham... And that's to say nothing of the recent Justice League movies, like War, Gods & Monsters, and the best one, Flashpoint Paradox. I loved all of those.

The Batman movies of the last two years have been crap because they've all been centered around the living cringe-fest that is Damian Wayne. But saying all Batman films since the Dark Knight have been crap? I don't agree at all.

And this is coming from someone who primarily sticks to Marvel material because of raging indifference to anything DC-related after the DCAU that started with The Animated Series ended back in 2007.
I said BATMAN movie. not JL. And yes Son of BAtman introduced horrible Damian into animated universe. Thats one, and two, Im talking about movies not animated films.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nightwing is known as the lynchpin of the the DC universe so im curious how they would have handled that aspect of his character.

I guess the problem with Nightwing is he is more defined by his relationships with other characters than his solo characteristics.

Top Bottom