• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nightwing Film

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I won't lie, when I first saw TDK I fell asleep too (this was before I devoted my nerd life to Batman tho)
Oh, what? You didn't like the eight sub-plots with all the different characters occupying Chicago? You were only interested in Batman and his circle of interactions with his supporting cast and villains?

For shame, Christoper Nolan sacrificed a third of the runtime for you to stay awake for that drivel.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh, what? You didn't like the eight sub-plots with all the different characters occupying Chicago? You were only interested in Batman and his circle of interactions with his supporting cast and villains?

For shame, Christoper Nolan sacrificed a third of the runtime for you to stay awake for that drivel.
Ironically enough, as much as I love TDK, there were things that annoyed me with it.

• Batman/Bruce's character
  • Gotham's blandness
  • Harvey not having the Multiple Personality Disorder
  • Rachel's very existence as a character
  • The fight choreography (god this was the biggest offender)
But really, Joker was the only real solid thing about TDK that I had next to no problem with.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
But really, Joker was the only real solid thing about TDK that I had next to no problem with.
Same. Heath Ledger's Joker still is one of the things about that dull trilogy of films that stand out to me, along with the fairly good portrayal of the League of Shadows.

Everything else, though, from its reluctance to have a comic book feel and aesthetic, to its insistence to take itself suicidally-seriously, to the insufferable action shots (as you mentioned), made them my least favorite Batman live-action adaptations to date.

Also, Batman being readily-willing to drop his commitment to being a crime-fighter---an unstable obsession with avenging his parents that has been hammered home throughout his history as a character as a vital asset and flaw with his persona---if it means ending up with his dream girl, might be the dumbest contradiction to his mental framework I've ever seen.

Top Bottom