• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*NEW* Zelda Artwork Revealled

Keaton

Premium
Yup, this is a concept art from the new in-production Zelda Game for the Wii. For those of you whom were amazed by Twilight Princess, all I have to say, is that TP was made for the Gamecube and ported to the Wii...this is 100% Wii baby! :D

I personally predict a late Summer 2010 Release ^_o
fullzelda.jpg

Code:
Source: http://kotaku.com/5279554/first-look-at-new-zelda-games-concept-art

My Rabbid Fan-Boy Theories said:
Well, the second I saw Link with a shield but no Master Sword it took me half a second to theoroize exactly what the Source Page suggested, that the girl in the picture that Link is defending IS the incarnation of the Master Sword. Its pretty damn obvious, due to the Jewel on her chest and the motive of her 'corset'.

gcnzeldatwilightchar01on0.jpg

Afterall, you can see the gold lines that are prominant on the blade and her cloak is almost a perfect likeness to the Blades 'wings' either side of the hilt.

The only odd thing I've noticed is the Jewel is Blue on the girl, whereas on the Blade it is (and always has been) Yellow. However, the Master Swords jewel in Wind Waker was vacant of a yellow colour and glow because it had lost its power. - Perhaps this is the reason.

Awesome.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I sure hope they have a new villian. Don't get me wrong. Ganon's among my list fav. bad guys, but for the love of whatev... I thought Twilight Princess was gonna pull a Majora's Mask and have a new enemny, but NOOOO Here comes Ganondorf. I also wish they'd bring back the original Hero of Time, but either way, I will play this game since I'm a Zelda fan. I'm not dissing Twilight Princess since I did enjoy it. All Zelda games are good (except those godforsaken Phillips CD-I games holy moly) I just REALLY demand a new bad guy.

I also wish they'd wow me something fierce again like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker did.

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, I loved Twlight Princess, but it just didn't 'wow' me like its predecessors. I'm hoping for a ressurected Majora :D or a Majora Ganon Fusion :p

Keaton

Premium
I'm just hoping it does something original -- I'm yearning for a whole bunch of transformations :D Afterall, Majoras Mask IMO was just dark and epic, and the return of all those Masks and transformations (even if they're not the same) would make for a fantastic next-gen game ^^

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Isn't this game going to feature link as a postman on a train after retirement? That's what I've heard anyway.

Keaton

Premium
^Lol! No, you're a bit confused with the NEW DS Zelda Title that will be released in the next year. The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks will be a further follow up to Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, it will feature a Train as the primary mode of transport ;)

More info at request :D

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
^Ah thanks K!
I don't really follow zelda, but I was interested to see how they would make the DS title. I didn't know anything about it, but I wouldn't mind more info in a PM if you don't mind.

Keaton

Premium
Phantom Hourglass is a highly recommended title by myself.
Its a great action adventure that uses the touch screen wonderfully ^_^
Honestly, if you have a DS you will almost definatly enjoy it ^_^

Since Spirit Tracks is a follow on I would imagine that the inital gameplay style will be a direct transition from PH, but the new game's primary dungeon crawling feature is to control a suit of armour - so many of the puzzles here will involve using the armour to access a switch or access other 'damaging' areas. Also, whereas PH use a boat for the majority of the world travelling, the Train used in ST will be more interactive, with a handful of track changing minigames and not to mention other track based enemies to have awesome battles with as you make your way to the next location ^^

I'm personally in love with this series, despite its slightly repetive story and gameplay mechanics, the Zelda series always manages to captivate me and always introduce something new for the series to carry. Ocarina was full 3-D (so that was a breakthrough on its own), Majoras Mask introduced Transfomations, Wind Waker a new form of travel (not to mention a superior musical score and IMO breath taking graphics and cartoon humour), Twilight Princess gave s Wii Controls plus the huge contrast of light v dark in a new Hyrule, and naturally Phantom Hourglass is a highly memorable Portable adition that uses the touch screen in a fantastic and inspired way.

If you haven't tried the Zelda series, all I can suggest is that you do so. Its easily in my top five game series, and even then amungst the top three. ^_o

I could splurt out all the stories and so on, but that would probably bore you all -- also I apologize if I'm getting a bit too excited about this new concept art work :D

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Cheers K! My friend made it out like it was going to be 100% link traveling around on a train. :lol:

Both games do seem appealing though. ^_^

Top Bottom