• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(New Pachinko) Devil May Cry X Last Judgement

Veloran

Just an apart, but I'm more and more convinced this Pachinko IS the product featured in that report as "Devil May Cry series".

We've been over this, pachinko titles are part of an entirely different department than video games, which that pipeline was specifically referencing.

They were fed up with Dante, that's why they created Nero; they didn't even want to do a DMC4, but they were forced by their bosses.

That's not really accurate. They clearly intended a lot of plot for Dante in 4, but eventually were forced to cut almost all of it away. And as the story began to revolve more and more around Nero, they resorted to having him act more like Dante because they were worried he wasn't present enough, because a big draw of the series has always been Dante's persona and attitude. On top of that, I'm pretty sure executive meddling forced large parts of Nero's storyline into being a romance arc, in an attempt of an appeal to more of a female audience.

But as to whether they didn't want to do DMC4 at all, or were fed up with Dante? That's just not true. Itsuno's DMC team had effectively only worked on one game, and all signs point to them having wanted to do much more with DMC4 than they were ultimately able to. And when the next DMC game went into pre-production, their plans were scrapped on the grounds that it would have been more of a DMC4-2 than a DMC5 - But that's not an indication of them running out of ideas, it's an indication that they really wanted to complete what was left unfinished and proceed with a storyline they couldn't do before.

I don't want to agree but I have to, specially looking at those videos of the new pachinko machine. Dante and Nero flying around with bright rainbow colors in the background? DMC in the hands of Capcom has become a parody of itself. There was a time where the line between light hardheartedness and downright silliness was clear and defined and DMC never crossed it; it knew when to be serious and when to tell a joke. God, I hope this is just a Pachinko thing and it's not reflective of what Capcom thinks DMC should be....

If that is the case, I can't really blame them. The parts of the series with the most backlash has always been those that seemed to take themselves seriously.

Anyway, if this is a direction they'd take the next game, I suppose I wouldn't really mind. We could get much worse than a ton of extravagant craziness like Dante mimicking JoJo's Part 3 opening, Nero's sword transforming into a flaming guitar, Trish and Dante having a Demon killing dance duet or riding whatever they can find like snowboards, or Nero and Dante going full sentai and flying around.

I get that there should be more of a balance, but hell, if the next game had all of that I'd at least be entertained. And hey, who's to say you can't have such moments and seriousness now and then too?

Viper

Premium
So, umm... no one is going to comment that Dante's narration confirmed without doubt that Nero is from the same bloodline as him? I mean, we already had the line in the artbook and a hint here and there, but no one can now argue against it.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Veloran , they say in the artbook Dante was now older and the team has grown tired , so they created Nero not only to give a new life to the series, but to give their team mates a new enthusiasm. Even Morihashi said he was more interested in Nero than in Dante. DMc3 got the best of them and they were forced against their "will" to do this DMC4.
We've been over this, pachinko titles are part of an entirely different department than video games, which that pipeline was specifically referencing.
That's not really accurate. They clearly intended a lot of plot for Dante in 4, but eventually were forced to cut almost all of it away. And as the story began to revolve more and more around Nero, they resorted to having him act more like Dante because they were worried he wasn't present enough, because a big draw of the series has always been Dante's persona and attitude. On top of that, I'm pretty sure executive meddling forced large parts of Nero's storyline into being a romance arc, in an attempt of an appeal to more of a female audience.

But as to whether they didn't want to do DMC4 at all, or were fed up with Dante? That's just not true. Itsuno's DMC team had effectively only worked on one game, and all signs point to them having wanted to do much more with DMC4 than they were ultimately able to. And when the next DMC game went into pre-production, their plans were scrapped on the grounds that it would have been more of a DMC4-2 than a DMC5 - But that's not an indication of them running out of ideas, it's an indication that they really wanted to complete what was left unfinished and proceed with a storyline they couldn't do before.

If that is the case, I can't really blame them. The parts of the series with the most backlash has always been those that seemed to take themselves seriously.

Anyway, if this is a direction they'd take the next game, I suppose I wouldn't really mind. We could get much worse than a ton of extravagant craziness like Dante mimicking JoJo's Part 3 opening, Nero's sword transforming into a flaming guitar, Trish and Dante having a Demon killing dance duet or riding whatever they can find like snowboards, or Nero and Dante going full sentai and flying around.

I get that there should be more of a balance, but hell, if the next game had all of that I'd at least be entertained. And hey, who's to say you can't have such moments and seriousness now and then too?
DMC wasn't a circus and Dante was never a clown: it had serious tones with some comical moments. This is an parody trying to be edgy, and, at same time, wanting people to take it seriously. Not only to mention this is just a replica of Bayonetta. If I want to play Bayonetta, I play the "real" one. At the least I would play something that is faithful to its essence instead of a half dying copycat that lost its identity.Like someone said before, there is a high possibility DMC5 will be presented in such a way that will make DmC to fit perfectly fine in the old series.
So, umm... no one is going to comment that Dante's narration confirmed without doubt that Nero is from the same bloodline as him? I mean, we already had the line in the artbook and a hint here and there, but no one can now argue against it.
You can't go against the "Word of God".Now it's just wait for another 8 long years to have another hint or maybe finally Capcom will tell us, plebeians, how this young boy came to be.

Edit: I forgot to put this:
Dante's insertion in DMC4 plot seems similar to what happened in Ace Attorney when Takumi tried to introduce a new character, Apollo Justice, but Capcom forced him into maintain Phoenix Wright.After this Takumi lost his interest in the main series and created a side series/spin off.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Edit: I forgot to put this:
Dante's insertion in DMC4 plot seems similar to what happened in Ace Attorney when Takumi tried to introduce a new character, Apollo Justice, but Capcom forced him into maintain Phoenix Wright.After this Takumi lost his interest in the main series and created a side series/spin off.
Yeah, as much as I love Phoenix he didn't need to be in that game. Now without Takumi at the helm the main series really went downhill in my opinion. At least Dai Gyakuten Saiban looks amazing, but I digress.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let's see if this works. Never tried it from my phone.

Can i just say that THAT was the worst intro to a Devil May Cry-related thing ever? It just...it reaks of pandering, and money grubbing with the stereotypical gutiar rifts, and the gaudy colors and super anime feel. This was one of my fears for Devil May Cry in that it was becoming "too anime-like" and less "Gothic East meets West" in order to turn a profit, but no one believed me. But considering how the reboot was a setback, I assume playing to the nose was their only option.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I know this is strange coming from me , but we have to remember ( even if there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY this anime thing become a a reality in a next DMC entry) this is a Pachinko machine, so this kind of silliness/ bright colours/ insanity is usual. My greatest doubt is how much this machine game content is canon to the games( except Vergil's Nero's Papa thing we knew already).

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
My greatest doubt is how much this machine game content is canon to the games

That stuff ain't canon, seems pretty obvious to me. If I remember correctly there was stuff like Nero killing Agnus and DTing on Berial for example.

Guys, it's not like every single bit of media that comes out HAS to be canon. This stuff was made for the pachinko, period. That's where the story begins and ends. Don't let paranoia get to you.

Viper

Premium
That stuff ain't canon, seems pretty obvious to me. If I remember correctly there was stuff like Nero killing Agnus and DTing on Berial for example.

Guys, it's not like every single bit of media that comes out HAS to be canon. This stuff was made for the pachinko, period. That's where the story begins and ends. Don't let paranoia get to you.
Well, duh, of course the game had to be sprinkled with non-canon glitter to be noticeable. Gel got the whole "how much of it is canon" thing from me, cause I told her there would be no reason for them to make Dante say Nero is from the same bloodline if it weren't actually true to the canon, as it only affects the story to those that actually pay attention to it and not players experience like other additions.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I know, but still. When Capcom does things, sometimes they go too far. Westernize RE=RE6 and all that. Plus considering there's Sengoku Basara being what it is with the hyper anime stuff, it wouldn't really surprise me if that's where they were headed.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wasn't expecting much since it is just Pachinko. Still, hopefully they won't go this far with the flashiness if they make DMC5.

This is a bit of an aside, but the best and most faithful adaptation through Pachinko (in my opinion) was Kaiji. They got Madhouse to adapt season 3 of the manga virtually panel for panel with all the old voice actors and everything.

Reactions: Gel
Top Bottom