• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New ninja gaiden project (name follows)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
hey, this looks interest--

*scrolls through thread*

CSX1SX3UsAAGSTd.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I wasn't saying anything was wrong with that. Just saying how Mux in particular ALWAYS brings that crap up. Like he's ready to fight a battle that's not even happening.

I mean, let's get real here, do you really think the developers of Extreme Beach Volleyball is really going to cut back on all that stuff they shamelessly put in their games? I don't think so, so I don't even know why he's worried.
I'm worried cause Koei Tecmo refused release of DOAX3 outside Japan due to the SJW crap, causing me to get an imported copy, I bring the SJW stuff up cause if Ninja Gaiden 4 reveals itself in all it's NG glory with everything I love about it, the SJWs will whine and Koei Tecmo could very likely end up censoring the game or even refusing release again.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I'm worried cause Koei Tecmo refused release of DOAX3 outside Japan due to the SJW crap, causing me to get an imported copy, I bring the SJW stuff up cause if Ninja Gaiden 4 reveals itself in all it's NG glory with everything I love about it, the SJWs will whine and Koei Tecmo could very likely end up censoring the game or even refusing release again.

I'm less worried about censorship and more worried about the developer's ambition. They tried to make Ninja Gaiden sensible once (with Ninja Gaiden III) and that didn't turn out the way they would have liked it to be. I'm afraid they might try something like that again.

To people who haven't played Ninja Gaiden III, basically Ryu goes through a forced existential crisis and decides to redeem himself from all of the lives he's taken...by taking more. Also, something about a little girl and a military woman who actually doesn't have an overexposed bosom, like all the other NG girls before (although I'm still not sure whether this is a bad thing or not).

10/10, sound logic gg would play again...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'm less worried about censorship and more worried about the developer's ambition. They tried to make Ninja Gaiden sensible once (with Ninja Gaiden III) and that didn't turn out the way they would have liked it to be. I'm afraid they might try something like that again.

To people who haven't played Ninja Gaiden III, basically Ryu goes through a forced existential crisis and decides to redeem himself from all of the lives he's taken...by taking more. Also, something about a little girl and a military woman who actually doesn't have an overexposed bosom, like all the other NG girls before (although I'm still not sure whether this is a bad thing or not).

10/10, sound logic gg would play again...
I doubt they will make the same mistake again since they had to fix a lot of problems in Razors Edge, so I'm pretty sure they got the message now and NG4 will be focused on being a great Ninja Gaiden game since returning to form gives great results these days.

I am very worried about censorship because a lot of Japan companies are caving in to the extremists demands and even self censoring to avoid the headache, which only results in backlash from the people who were gonna buy the games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I've been meaning to try out NG but never got a chance to try out the first two. I didn't like the demo for Razor Edge and was interested in Yaiba till he opened his mouth. So hopefully there is a new NG/DOA game that catches my eye and makes me wanna buy it and beat it.

@Innsmouth I think we have too many remakes of the moderns and each review gave it less of a score so I think maybe doing a full-fledged remake for the original SNES games would be more appealing. Its been a 10+ years between the SNES and the XBOX game so people might be interested in seeing how that would play. Its basically low hanging fruit for Team Ninja.

@Maxman maybe just give momoji her own separate campaign ?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
@Chancey289, there really is nothing wrong with wanting Ninja Gaiden to return back to it's mindless, gratuitous, plot-deprived roots. One off putting thing in Ninja Gaiden III is that they tried to make Ryu more humane and what not, which made it extremely ridiculous when you were thrown into the fray and had to relentlessly chop people in half. "Story structure" and "character development" are two things you simply cannot attribute to the NG series.
It's not that the idea of a more fleshed-out plot and nuanced approach to characters is a bad idea...it's how it was done that was the problem. NG3 insisted on, of all things, inspecting the "moral consequences" of Ryu being a killer, which is weapons-grade retardation for two reasons:

1. With the sheer amount of people he kills on-screen and gorefests he partakes in, that's like Rambo pausing to seriously contemplate the amount of property damage he's responsible for from the hilarious explosions he creates.

2. Ryu kills way, way more Fiends and Arch-Demons than he does humans. One would THINK that vanquishing beings from hell wouldn't pose much in the way of moral conflict.

I have no problems with the previous Gaiden games where their approach to a story is simply creating a loose premise for Ryu to kill things for, such as the death of his betrothed or the extinction of his clan. But if you're going to flesh out the story, I'd expect the story itself to be at least good.

DMC3
had the same problem, but it was much, MUCH more insultingly-bad in terms of execution.

Id like eeit if we could have a spin off Ninja Gaiden gayum featuring Momiji :3
I like the way you think. #MoreMomiji

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Z218
correct me if I'm wrong, but Ninja Gaiden 1-3 was NES game at least I remember playing them on NES. I think SNES got compilation.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There it is again -_-

Gamers are never gonna be taken seriously cause they just wanna game, yeah I agree, we're never gonna be taken seriously and don't give a rats ass about it cause we just wanna f**king game!

I'm asking all Ninja Gaiden fans on this forum!
Do you want Ninja Gaiden 4 to:
1. Put 100% of it's development efforts into being an awesome Ninja Gaiden game?
2. Only put 50% of it's efforts into the game quality while the other 50% is focused on changing and/or censoring things so the extremists are represented and won't feel offended? Those people being the ones who weren't likely going to buy the game anyway.

I pick number 1!
How about I pick all and not have a simple-minded game with no substance and just repetitive slahing?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
@WolfOD64 at the end of the SNES trilogy, Ryu and Irene got together and became antique dealers so maybe they can have a son named William that became the next ninja/spy hero :cool:.

WolfOD64

@WolfOD64 at the end of the SNES trilogy, Ryu and Irene got together and became antique dealers so maybe they can have a son named William that became the next ninja/spy hero :cool:.
I don't think that'd be possible. The William form Ni-Oh is supposed to be William Adams, the historical sailor who was one of the first Westerners to cross over to Japan, and the first-ever Westerner to receive the title of samurai. That was back in 1600---him being Ryu's son would be impossible. Plus, Ryu's Japanese...whereas William is clearly European.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I don't think that'd be possible. The William form Ni-Oh is supposed to be William Adams, the historical sailor who was one of the first Westerners to cross over to Japan, and the first-ever Westerner to receive the title of samurai. That was back in 1600---him being Ryu's son would be impossible. Plus, Ryu's Japanese...whereas William is clearly European.
I just meant Ryu and Irene's hypothetical son having the name William as a shout out to William of Ni-oh:angel:.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Wait, so they scrapped the initial idea of William having a European mom and dad who is Japanese lord?
Okay then, at least they won't be laughed out cause of having no idea how genetics works.

WolfOD64

Wait, so they scrapped the initial idea of William having a European mom and dad who is Japanese lord?
Okay then, at least they won't be laughed out cause of having no idea how genetics works.
Correct. They decided to line him up more with his historical counterpart, who was 100% Portuguese.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
If they're not going to do anything with Ninja Gaiden, they should just outsource it to Platinum Games with some decent funding and let them make a new Ninja Gaiden. I wouldn't mind seeing what Platinum would do with NG, better than nothing.

WolfOD64

I want them to do a DMC versus NG
What would be the point of that? With how ludicrously Dante is written, nobody would have a sporting chance of fighting him and surpassing his inexplicable plot powers. It'd be like pitting ANY anime character against that poorly-concieved disaster called Goku.

Now, Bayonetta X Gaiden I'd agree with immediately, but not so much to fight but rather to team up...if nothing else but to see Bayo's vivacious and seductive persona clash with Ryu's quiet and stoic one. Just imagine the potential hilarity of her teasing him every step of the game, and him just glowering mysteriously in the sunset with that Lone Ninja stare of his.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
What would be the point of that? With how ludicrously Dante is written, nobody would have a sporting chance of fighting him and surpassing his inexplicable plot powers. It'd be like pitting ANY anime character against that poorly-concieved disaster called Goku.

Now, Bayonetta X Gaiden I'd agree with immediately, but not so much to fight but rather to team up...if nothing else but to see Bayo's vivacious and seductive persona clash with Ryu's quiet and stoic one. Just imagine the potential hilarity of her teasing him every step of the game, and him just glowering mysteriously in the sunset with that Lone Ninja stare of his.
Well they are the Giants of the hack n slash genre and I thought there is a small rivalry between them soo....:angel:.

But yeah I was thinking the same thing about Bayonetta and Ryu. He is married but I don't think team ninja tends to remember that.:whistle:

Top Bottom