• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New ninja gaiden project (name follows)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Razor's Edge was pretty good. If anything I'd like a more refined version of 2's combat. Without the BS.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I liked Razors Edge fine, but NG2 is definitely the best.

I still haven't beaten Ninja Gaiden Black, I've got to that final boss and haven't tried doing it since because I raged so much I broke a controller and am not willing to risk the lives of anymore innocent controllers.

I want Ninja Gaiden 4 to be what Doom 4 was, in Doom 4 we're there to kick in the gates of hell and rip the demons a new one with zero f**ks given about political or social crap, narrative crap or anything that doesn't involve tearing up Hell's s**t.
So yeah, Ninja Gaiden 4 better be full of monsters and bosses that require us to "get gud", loaded to the brim with gore and plenty of gratuitous tits and ass to boot with zero f**ks given about gender representation, social issues or any of that progressive garbage.

*See's update from composer*

Dammit!! Oh well my above statement applies to if there ever is a NG4.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Ninja Gaiden is still one of the few examples of hack-n'-slash done near-perfectly. My only experience with the series has been Black and Razor's Edge, and those two alone have put practically every other action game to shame, even Devil May Cry in some ways.

Now, since Koei Tecmo is working on Ni-Oh as well, part of me wonders if they'll ever cross the gaijin samurai from that game, William, into the NG universe, or vice-versa. It'd certainly fit, since both deal with demons and Japanese martial arts.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
After playing NG1 and 2, 3 felt like it was made by mentally disabled people with no experience in any action games whatsoever. RE was just slight improvement over it, so in the end doesnt matter what you try to make out of **** it still remain ****.
Anyway. back on topic. Ninja Gaiden Pachinko anyone?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I liked Razors Edge fine, but NG2 is definitely the best.

I still haven't beaten Ninja Gaiden Black, I've got to that final boss and haven't tried doing it since because I raged so much I broke a controller and am not willing to risk the lives of anymore innocent controllers.

I want Ninja Gaiden 4 to be what Doom 4 was, in Doom 4 we're there to kick in the gates of hell and rip the demons a new one with zero f**ks given about political or social crap, narrative crap or anything that doesn't involve tearing up Hell's s**t.
So yeah, Ninja Gaiden 4 better be full of monsters and bosses that require us to "get gud", loaded to the brim with gore and plenty of gratuitous tits and ass to boot with zero f**ks given about gender representation, social issues or any of that progressive garbage.

*See's update from composer*

Dammit!! Oh well my above statement applies to if there ever is a NG4.
"Every game must be catered to white, young, straight males because if they don't they're pandering to the SJWs, feminazis, and whatever other crap I think is out to ruin entertainment as we know it!"

That's what you sound like. Like, all the time.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
"Every game must be catered to white, young, straight males because if they don't they're pandering to the SJWs, feminazis, and whatever other crap I think is out to ruin entertainment as we know it!"

That's what you sound like. Like, all the time.
Please quote me on where I said Every game.

Ninja Gaiden is a straight male power fantasy franchise, it's all about a muscled up badass Ninja who slices and dices up monsters while saving big boobed damsels in distress while having awesome and challenging gameplay. NG1 and 2 knew that.
Just like Doom is a male power fantasy, Doom 4 knew what it was and what it was supposed to be and became easily the best FPS in years.

Not because it's a male power fantasy, but because it knew what the hell it's supposed to be and didn't give a damn about any of that modern political crap!! Doom 4's concerns begun and ended with being a f**king awesome Doom game.
Ninja Gaiden should do the same.

If all you want to play is Jon McIntosh & Sarkessian approved games then fine, but keep em out of established franchises.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Please quote me on where I said Every game.

Ninja Gaiden is a straight male power fantasy franchise, it's all about a muscled up badass Ninja who slices and dices up monsters while saving big boobed damsels in distress while having awesome and challenging gameplay. NG1 and 2 knew that.
Just like Doom is a male power fantasy, Doom 4 knew what it was and what it was supposed to be and became easily the best FPS in years.

Not because it's a male power fantasy, but because it knew what the hell it's supposed to be and didn't give a damn about any of that modern political crap!! Doom 4's concerns begun and ended with being a f**king awesome Doom game.
Ninja Gaiden should do the same.

If all you want to play is Jon McIntosh & Sarkessian approved games then fine, but keep em out of established franchises.
I loved the new Doom. And I'm a fan of Ninja Gaiden. But you're overall missing the point I'm trying to make.

The thing is, you honestly don't know how to discuss the very real issue video games, and geek culture in general have concerning social issues because you've already made up your mind. That last sentence right there just proves you really just don't get it. You're so quick to bring this kind of stuff up.

People often forget Ryu Hayabusa is trans.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I loved the new Doom. And I'm a fan of Ninja Gaiden. But you're overall missing the point I'm trying to make.

The thing is, you honestly don't know how to discuss the very real issue video games, and geek culture in general have concerning social issues because you've already made up your mind. That last sentence right there just proves you really just don't get it.

I don't give a damn about social issues in games and don't want to care, so I want them to stop being forced down my throat in video games and end up effecting the final product.

For example, Mafia 3 has a non white main character and I'm fine with it because it appears as it was always the intention from the beginning and it doesn't appear to have affected the final product in any bad way, the game looks great and the character appears to fit wonderfully.

While in Uncharted 4 the character of Nadine was so obviously forced in so she could be the only non white character in the game and what's worse is her character doesn't even get resolved in the end, she just disappears.
If she was removed we'd be down a a few cutscenes and those pointless scripted fights with her and the story would be exactly the same.
That's even more confirmed since Neil Druckman confirmed he was inspired by Sarkessians videos.

Ninja Gaiden is a game about fighting monsters as a badass Ninja with loads of blood and big boobed women with awesome and challenging gameplay.
That's what it's supposed to be and that's what Ninja Gaiden 4 should be, it's concerns should begin and end with being an awesome Ninja Gaiden game, nothing else.

Social Issues and progressive stuff can stick to it's own IPs like Gone Home, that way I can ignore it.

People often forget Ryu Hayabusa is trans.
Where is that said? I can't find any info about that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't give a damn about social issues in games and don't want to care, so I want them to stop being forced down my throat in video games and end up effecting the final product.

For example, Mafia 3 has a non white main character and I'm fine with it because it appears as it was always the intention from the beginning and it doesn't appear to have affected the final product in any bad way, the game looks great and the character appears to fit wonderfully.

While in Uncharted 4 the character of Nadine was so obviously forced in so she could be the only non white character in the game and what's worse is her character doesn't even get resolved in the end, she just disappears.
If she was removed we'd be down a a few cutscenes and those pointless scripted fights with her and the story would be exactly the same.
That's even more confirmed since Neil Druckman confirmed he was inspired by Sarkessians videos.

Ninja Gaiden is a game about fighting monsters as a badass Ninja with loads of blood and big boobed women with awesome and challenging gameplay.
That's what it's supposed to be and that's what Ninja Gaiden 4 should be, it's concerns should begin and end with being an awesome Ninja Gaiden game, nothing else.

Social Issues and progressive stuff can stick to it's own IPs like Gone Home, that way I can ignore it.

Where is that said? I can't find any info about that.
Gamers like you are why gamers are pretty much never going to be taken seriously.

And you thought I was serious about the trans Ryu?
13509106_889217164523164_8419897224341032335_n.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Gamers like you are why gamers are pretty much never going to be taken seriously.
There it is again -_-

Gamers are never gonna be taken seriously cause they just wanna game, yeah I agree, we're never gonna be taken seriously and don't give a rats ass about it cause we just wanna f**king game!

I'm asking all Ninja Gaiden fans on this forum!
Do you want Ninja Gaiden 4 to:
1. Put 100% of it's development efforts into being an awesome Ninja Gaiden game?
2. Only put 50% of it's efforts into the game quality while the other 50% is focused on changing and/or censoring things so the extremists are represented and won't feel offended? Those people being the ones who weren't likely going to buy the game anyway.

I pick number 1!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There it is again -_-

Gamers are never gonna be taken seriously cause they just wanna game, yeah I agree, we're never gonna be taken seriously and don't give a rats ass about it cause we just wanna f**king game!

I'm asking all Ninja Gaiden fans on this forum!
Do you want Ninja Gaiden 4 to:
1. Put 100% of it's development efforts into being an awesome Ninja Gaiden game?
2. Only put 50% of it's efforts into the game quality while the other 50% is focused on changing and/or censoring things so the extremists are represented and won't feel offended? Those people being the ones who weren't likely going to buy the game anyway.

I pick number 1!
As long as the game's fun, with an elaborate combat system, and high difficulty. I'm good.

And just saying, you were bitching about Xenoblade Chronicles X for removing its breast slider acting like that broke the game for you. Needless to say, you get kinda ridiculous and silly.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
As long as the game's fun, with an elaborate combat system, and high difficulty. I'm good.
Any game can do that, so what would be the point of it being a Ninja Gaiden game?

I mean if someone made a new IP that was full of that social/progressive stuff and was a fun game with elaborate combat and high difficulty, then awesome, people who want that can have a blast, there is no reason to why a game like that can't exist, but I don't want social/political stuff in my games so I'd avoid it.

I want a full fledged Ninja Gaiden game. I want to be back with Ryu, slicing up demons and all the good stuff again, just like I wanted to rip and tear demons in Doom 4.
Doomguy's actions at the beginning of the game make my point well.

*computer goes on about boring stuff*
Doomguy: *throws computer aside with zero f**ks given and proceeds to wreck hell's s**t.*
(I just wish he did it with the rest of the scripted events throughout the game)

And just saying, you were bitching about Xenoblade Chronicles X for removing its breast slider acting like that broke the game for you. Needless to say, you get kinda ridiculous and silly.
Because I'm also anti censorship, any form of censorship. A small form of censorship today can lead to massive censorship in the future.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
@Chancey289, there really is nothing wrong with wanting Ninja Gaiden to return back to it's mindless, gratuitous, plot-deprived roots. One off putting thing in Ninja Gaiden III is that they tried to make Ryu more humane and what not, which made it extremely ridiculous when you were thrown into the fray and had to relentlessly chop people in half. "Story structure" and "character development" are two things you simply cannot attribute to the NG series.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Chancey289, there really is nothing wrong with wanting Ninja Gaiden to return back to it's mindless, gratuitous, plot-deprived roots. One off putting thing in Ninja Gaiden III is that they tried to make Ryu more humane and what not, which made it extremely ridiculous when you were thrown into the fray and had to relentlessly chop people in half. "Story structure" and "character development" are two things you simply cannot attribute to the NG series.
I wasn't saying anything was wrong with that. Just saying how Mux in particular ALWAYS brings that crap up. Like he's ready to fight a battle that's not even happening.

I mean, let's get real here, do you really think the developers of Extreme Beach Volleyball is really going to cut back on all that stuff they shamelessly put in their games? I don't think so, so I don't even know why he's worried.

Sesha

Keiji Yamagishi was the composer for NES Ninja Gaiden, and did most of his work in the 80s and early 90s.

Top Bottom