• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
Glad they finally confirmed that the white hair and red jacket form is indeed his DT.

Was getting tired of some people referring to it as a possible version of quick silver style seen in DMC3.

Overall, the interview did little to ease my skepticism towards this game. Only more gameplay videos and storyline trailers will work for me now.
lol quick silver style form dmc3? they not even close. it was obvious that the white hair flicking on and off was his DT.

wonder if there will be an Angel Trigger....okay i'm being sarcastic.....bye.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
He lied to the the fans?! :mad:
He wrote quotes in Lost, said about the series in Lost.... and all of the time he was... lying?! :mad:
REBOOT? I don't know about reboot, but I've got a boot and i'd know where i'd stick it!:mad:

*cough* :cool:...:mad:.... :cool:...Sorry

I'm pretty sure I saw an interview on TV in which he said basically the same thing he's claimed to have said according to that nytimes post.
So yeah, sorry :p

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, love, JJ Abrahms doesn't do Star Trek, true, but the writers of the film, one mexican cat (Viva:D ) and an american bloke (whatever:rolleyes: ) are huge and their dinamics in real life lead them to portray Kirk and Spoke in that fashion. Abrahms still worked a good ST flick and he wasn't careless with it or half ass.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well I now understand why the Devil Trigger in those TGS demos was so weak! That guy really doesn't know how to play Devil May Cry does he? xD I'm just kidding...I can't stay in the air for more than five seconds.
But in seriousness...I now support this game even more than before. Before, it was because it just looked fun and went with my sense of style (that hooligan, punk look and surreal worlds...yes, Ninja Theory went spot-on for me). But after I read that thing about motion capture and how they want 'brutal challenges' in there...I'm going all in now :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
According to the interview the DT has gone from been a level up on your powers to a minigame of staying up in the air.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
According to the interview the DT has gone from been a level up on your powers to a minigame of staying up in the air.
I think it'll add a little bit more of an incentive to building up your air combos. I guess they're making the DT less of a failsafe and more of a reward for being an above-average player. I know that I'll have some problem with that for sure -_-

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I think it'll add a little bit more of an incentive to building up your air combos. I guess they're making the DT less of a failsafe and more of a reward for being an above-average player. I know that I'll have some problem with that for sure -_-
me too lol

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Actually, love, JJ Abrahms doesn't do Star Trek, true, but the writers of the film, one mexican cat (Viva:D ) and an american bloke (whatever:rolleyes: ) are huge and their dinamics in real life lead them to portray Kirk and Spoke in that fashion. Abrahms still worked a good ST flick and he wasn't careless with it or half ass.

But that's exactly my point; Star Trek isn't supposed to be a 'flick'. Star Trek was always pretty intellectual stuff, and was never about pure action and special effects.
I'd say the story of that movie is half-assed, and the whole 'Spock and Uhura' thing was just stupid. Pure bullshit.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah, I don't like the whole idea of the DT being a minigame of staying airborne.

You know, now that I've heard about that, I don't care about DmC anymore. This ****e is something I don't think I'll be part of.
I still hope DmC will turn out not to be a reboot of the franchise, and that DMC5 (one with a Devil Trigger and other things that are still enjoyable) will someday be released.

berto

I Saw the Devil
But that's exactly my point; Star Trek isn't supposed to be a 'flick'. Star Trek was always pretty intellectual stuff, and was never about pure action and special effects.
I'd say the story of that movie is half-assed, and the whole 'Spock and Uhura' thing was just stupid. Pure bullshit.

That's true, and it's most evident in the original and next generation where themes like racial hate and equality, moder witch hunts, slavery, war, Shakespeare, politics, rights of the individual and many others were an episode to episode occurence. It was one tale of morality after another with phylosophical depth, depth that voyger failed tragicly to replicate. So, yes Star Trek is very intelectual as a whole, but the movies tent to be... not so much, which is why I give so much lineancy to the JJ Abrahms one.

On subject, maybe they'll use an angel trigger to do what the old dt was meant to.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I still wished Dante had his white hair, "black hair Dante" is a deal breaker for me. Yes! HAIR COLOR is a deal breaker for me. People you've read my post correctly. Dante NEEDS WHITE hair, he just does! But I'll buy this game ether way. Why did they change his hair color why?! We got enough black haired heroes.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I still wished Dante had his white hair, "black hair Dante" is a deal breaker for me. Yes! HAIR COLOR is a deal breaker for me. People you've read my post correctly. Dante NEEDS WHITE hair, he just does! But I'll buy this game ether way. Why did they change his hair color why?! We got enough black haired heroes.
lol well at least you're honest about it

berto

I Saw the Devil
No, no, no, no, no. Dante doesn't need white hair anymore than Blade needs to be black or Trinity a chick. You guys need to get over the little things, it's not like it's one of his most recognizable features. Come ON!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, no, no, no, no. Dante doesn't need white hair anymore than Blade needs to be black or Trinity a chick. You guys need to get over the little things, it's not like it's one of his most recognizable features. Come ON!
For me his white hair has always been one of his many recognizable features. I'm personally ok with the new Dante look but I would have preferred white hair instead of black hair. That's all.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
.....hey wait a second!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom