• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
wow tameem is pretty confident about this game that itll turn out as a masterpiece of a story to appeal to u greater than any movie.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I remember seeing DMC 3 work where serveal people had some sort of cloth on for movement sensing. And these people were "Dante", "Vergil" etc
I am guessing that is what Tameem means by DMC fights choreographed.

But does that mean that DmC fights isn't choreographed? How are they done?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think one of the key factors that attracted Capcom to us was our experience in telling stories through games. They told us that they wanted to give Devil May Cry a refresh, a new lease of life and part of that was to give the series a more contemporary feel.

To 'give the series a more contemporary feel'.
I honestly hate how people try to modernize things just for the sake of it. They modernized Star Trek, and it turned out to be ****. It wasn't even Star Trek, since it didn't have any message. It was about some guy trying to get revenge. For pity's sake, it was directed by someone who hadn't ever watched Star Trek, only Star Wars.
It's preposterous to call that Star Trek.

And now, Capcom handed DMC over to Ninja Theory, similar to what happened with Star Trek.
Why don't Capcom try to create DmC themselves? Do they have no minds of their own?

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to play the new DmC when it's released. I just don't like modernization without any clear reason, especially when it turns out to be some graffiti-ridden crackhead town.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think one of the key factors that attracted Capcom to us was our experience in telling stories through games. They told us that they wanted to give Devil May Cry a refresh, a new lease of life and part of that was to give the series a more contemporary feel.

I honestly hate how people try to modernize things just for the sake of it. They modernized Star Trek, and it turned out to be ****. It wasn't even Star Trek, since it didn't have any message. It was about some guy trying to get revenge. For pity's sake, it was directed by someone who hadn't ever watched Star Trek, only Star Wars.

And now, Capcom handed DMC over to Ninja Theory, similar to what happened with Star Trek.
Why don't Capcom try to create DmC themselves? Do they have no minds of their own?

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to play the new DmC when it's released. I just don't like modernization without any clear reason, especially when it turns out to be some graffiti-ridden crackhead town.
It's a collaboration but people are under the impression that Ninja theory is doing all the work.
Capcom tackles gameplay
Ninja theory takles story

Art, music and voice is also Ninja theory's job.

But i find it a smart move - although Tameem is from my view is like Sarah Palin : hard to understand what he's saying.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It's a collaboration but people are under the impression that Ninja theory is doing all the work.
Capcom tackles gameplay
Ninja theory takles story

Art, music and voice is also Ninja theory's job.

But i find it a smart move - although Tameem is from my view is like Sarah Palin : hard to understand what he's saying.

Alright, so it's a collaboration with minimal influence from Capcom. My point is, Capcom could've done more than just the gameplay; they didn't have to leave it to Ninja Theory. But I guess Capcom must be stuck in their old way of thinking; they've got a creative blockage or something.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Alright, so it's a collaboration with minimal influence from Capcom. My point is, Capcom could've done more than just the gameplay; they didn't have to leave it to Ninja Theory. But I guess Capcom must be stuck in their old way of thinking; they've got a creative blockage or something.
Well Capcom's strength is gameplay. And people praise Ninja theory for story.
But yes your right they have creative blockage.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Apparently the bloke who did the Star Trek film is a star trek fan. It was his take on the 'series'.
I <3 Chris Pine.
There are a few bits in the film which are :(
But there are other bits that are :)
(if you know what i mean.)

Although a bigger car crash of a film was Tekken.
Basically think of this as NT's Version of DMC (Which could turn out to be a car crash.)

Also, Crackhead town describes where i live ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought it was a nice fluff piece.

it's interesting that TA is doing the writing,casting,directing by himself which is a risky move. I think it would be better if he did the writing and directing with someone else,namely itsuno and bingo, people would be more at ease.

but than again, i dont really trust capcom with the series story so im willing to see what an outside perspective woud look like.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Apparently the bloke who did the Star Trek film is a star trek fan. It was his take on the 'series'.
I <3 Chris Pine.
There are a few bits in the film which are :(
But there are other bits that are :)
(if you know what i mean.)

Although a bigger car crash of a film was Tekken.
Basically think of this as NT's Version of DMC (Which could turn out to be a car crash.)

Also, Crackhead town describes where i live ;)

Nope, he's not a Star Trek fan, and never has been. Source: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/18/j-j-abrams-reveals-his-star-trek-movie/

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Glad they finally confirmed that the white hair and red jacket form is indeed his DT.

Was getting tired of some people referring to it as a possible version of quick silver style seen in DMC3.

Overall, the interview did little to ease my skepticism towards this game. Only more gameplay videos and storyline trailers will work for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom