• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC5 rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I don't like the idea of bringing Vergil back after he had a very tight timeline. You can show the DMC3 manga storyline, you can show Vergil's trip to Fortuna, or Vergil's time under Mundus leading up to his appearance on Mallet Island. That's it. Accept it, Vergil kicked the bucket and was harvested by the Order of the Sword. I SUPPOSE there could be a story hook involving Vergil's soul in Hell, or inhabiting the Perfect Amulet, but besides that.... Rest in peace. You died.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@TonyRedgraveDMC: What's the point of your post? Simply to annoy people that don't agree with the idea that Vergil is dead, which I do not. Please don't try to put down others that do entertain the idea that he's still alive. It's not very nice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
At this point i dont think it matters what they do as long as they do something.

Either way they will do whatever is in their own interest as a company or as creators (as they should). All we can do is decide how we'll respond to whatever they do. I rather just watch the teaser and decide if i wanna go along for the ride.

I watched the teaser for DmC 47 times so DMC5 better bring it.

Last edited:

Solar the rabbit

I rather not focus on Dante if it was true. Story wise, There nothing you can do with him. His plot was tied up in DMC1 and DMC3 was a prequel. Nero should be the focus. In all hosent I want DmC2 so we can start going into Dante angel powers and what he going to do with Vergil.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I rather not focus on Dante if it was true. Story wise, There nothing you can do with him. His plot was tied up in DMC1 and DMC3 was a prequel. Nero should be the focus.
This.

If Capcom was smart at all, they'd shift the narrative focus the characters that have room for development and fleshing-out (see also: Literally EVERYONE who ISN'T Dante). Nero has room to grow, weaknesses to iron out, actual motives that aren't vague and poorly-explained as all f**k, and the ability to substantially emote outside of "Cuh-ray-zee Anime Frat Boy Mode." He's a far less experienced throwback to everything that made Dante interesting in the first game, I'd far prefer the story to be about him (and even Kyrie, if she was afforded a more relevant role to the story than the adorable wallflower).

Vergil's potential to come back would be interesting, but it would be REALLY hard to include him in the game without it feeling forced. Him returning for 4 was gimmicky enough, especially with that ending that contributed absolutely NOTHING to the series' plot. Unless he's resurrected or revealed to have survived to serve some actual plot purpose outside of smoothening back his hair, I'd rather they just assign DarkSlayer style to Nero and do away with Vergil completely.

It'd be more respectful to the character than yanking him into a plot he has nothing to do with.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Before people start breaking out the pitchforks and we start commencing with our monthly -what-should-they-do fight, I would like to say it just depends on how the writer/creative team approaches it.

I've read enough Marvel/DC to realize that if you have the right creative team with the right character, magic can happen. So if the right team comes and makes me in interested in Dante again, im game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd honestly like them to bring Vergil back. But, actually make him do something. Make him seem relevant to the story. That's kind of why I prefer DmC Vergil. You think he's got something to do with everything that's going on (because he kind of does). DMC Vergil, not so much. To bring him back you have to have a point to make. Is he back to claim what is his? Is he back to establish a bond with Nero and/or to find answers? Is he back to help Dante against a bigger threat? Ultimately, is he back because he still has some sort of purpose within the story?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't think I care about the overall mysteries of DMC anymore so I'm cool with them going in a different direction.

Its just that they had enough chances to resolve them and they didn't so they probably don't care.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't think I care about the overall mysteries of DMC anymore so I'm cool with them going in a different direction.

I suppose the amount of time where they haven't bothered to explain certain things has made those things slightly redundant.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
and now well i seen rumour on one DMC FB group where is stated that Capcom plans to release some info on major 3 titles this month , so there is possibility of some DMC 5 info if this one new rumour is valid one

Solar the rabbit

Hey if Dante is the main character, here hoping he not as big of a dick he was in DMC3. If he has to be a dick a least make him as nice as DmC Dante. He was one of the nicer Dantes.

TonyRedgraveDMC

and now well i seen rumour on one DMC FB group where is stated that Capcom plans to release some info on major 3 titles this month , so there is possibility of some DMC 5 info if this one new rumour is valid one
This month? April? What Facebook page, if you don't mind me asking?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hopefully it's not another remaster. I wouldn't mind a Ff7 style top to bottom remake of the first two. Its not as good as a new game but it would be a new experience.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I wouldn't mind a Ff7 style top to bottom remake of the first two.
2, fine, but I'd rather they leave 1 alone. I don't trust the people who are at Capcom right now to be able to replicate and expand the atmosphere that 1 had. I don't know how they'll pull of RE2, if they can replicate the atmosphere there, but the first few RE games had the same style of atmosphere that DMC1 had and until they release that I don't know if they're capable of doing it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im not sure i want classic Dante to be the lead because they never figured out what to do with him past DMC1.

In most of the stories past dmc1 he just feel like sleepwalking throught it. In the anime i'd say the only episodes worth watching don't actually focus on him.

So im a lil wary of him coming back in the driver seat.

Solar the rabbit

... Huh, can you elaborate? Why was Dante a d*ck on DMC 3?
Taking Arkham jobs for selfish reason for, joking around when LAdy was crying over her dad and more reason I can't remember. Be a while since I touch DMC3. Not to say that DmC Dante wasn't a prick. He was DMC3 Dante but with a blacker sense of humor. Well as blacker than Dante usually brand of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom