• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dmc Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Well, as we saw in the first trailer, he put out a lit cigarette in the head of a demon. It made me hope for a more sadistic and sarcastic Dante, still being cocky though.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
and that's the attitude i wanna see in dante, they've dropped hints of this attitude such as putting a cigarette out in a demon's head, the pic of dante putting his fingers up to an angel's head like a gun, and recently in the new trailer we saw him smile, im sure ninja theory is leading up to something here

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
perhaps in this game dante starts out grim because of something bad that has happened, but later on through the story he becomes more light-hearted and jokey, but not too jokey or it will appear cheesey

Actually, you might be right. Either way, from the looks of that trailer, I believe every Devil May Cry fan should at least give it the benefit of the doubt and try to find some way to play the game. Rather they dislike the new design or not, the game still looks really fun :D

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well, as we saw in the first trailer, he put out a lit cigarette in the head of a demon. It made me hope for a more sadistic and sarcastic Dante, still being cocky though.
To me, thats the charm of Dante. Its not that he's sadistic because he doesnt waste the cigarette, he just ashes at the ember a little and continues to smoke for the rest of the fight scene. I cant think of any other character more fitting to do that than Dante. In all honesty, his personality now is more like me than ever before. Youthful, sarcastic, and rebellious

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Actually, you might be right. Either way, from the looks of that trailer, I believe every Devil May Cry fan should at least give it the benefit of the doubt and try to find some way to play the game. Rather they dislike the new design or not, the game still looks really fun :D
i know! i mean why dislike it right away, just because there are new things in it, i can understand some people's dislike to some degree, but they should at least rent it to see if they were right or wrong you know? to make a point let's take the bioshock series for example. okay bioshock was a game about an underwater utopia and your journey throughout this utopia people liked it. alright bioshock 2 comes out same deal people liked it. then bioshock infinite shows up does the complete opposite of the first two games; instead of being underwater you're thousands of feet in the air, they changed the main character, has a totally different storyline, and people still like it! so why single out DmC? im not gonna tell those who don't like it to go out and buy it, i just know that those who do buy it like myself are gonna have an awesome time playing it

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
i know! i mean why dislike it right away, just because there are new things in it, i can understand some people's dislike to some degree, but they should at least rent it to see if they were right or wrong you know? to make a point let's take the bioshock series for example. okay bioshock was a game about an underwater utopia and your journey throughout this utopia people liked it. alright bioshock 2 comes out same deal people liked it. then bioshock infinite shows up does the complete opposite of the first two games; instead of being underwater you're thousands of feet in the air, they changed the main character, has a totally different storyline, and people still like it! so why single out DmC? im not gonna tell those who don't like it to go out and buy it, i just know that those who do buy it like myself are gonna have an awesome time playing it

There's truly no reason for judging it prior to its release and as well prior to everything being revealed. There's still so much, and I do mean so much we do not know about the new DmC that it could go anywhere at this point. It's the exact same thing as judging something/someone within first view. However I'm sure there's valid reasons to dislike it as well as to like it. But ultimately, we should all just simply look at the trailers/reveals and wait until the game is released before making a final judgement. This is just me though.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
There's truly no reason for judging it prior to its release and as well prior to everything being revealed. There's still so much, and I do mean so much we do not know about the new DmC that it could go anywhere at this point. It's the exact same thing as judging something/someone within first view. However I'm sure there's valid reasons to dislike it as well as to like it. But ultimately, we should all just simply look at the trailers/reveals and wait until the game is released before making a final judgement. This is just me though.
even the im pro-DmC i agree there's reasons to like it and reason to dislike it, so let's wait for the final result

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
even the im pro-DmC i agree there's reasons to like it and reason to dislike it, so let's wait for the final result
Let's wait, and hope it's all worth it. And I really do hope you enjoy it, and everyone else that is going to play it. No matter my view, or any other view, having fun in the end is what truly counts!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well I wouldn't say anyone should 'fully' judge at this point until they have at least played the game. And you can't really completely judge until you have completed the game. I say this because I have played games and seen films before that have just plain sucked at the beginning. But when I played/watched through it a little more, it started getting better and better. You can't discard anything just because the start of it doesn't intrigue you. I admit, the first part really is the part that will make you think 'this is really cool'. But unless you play all the way through and give DmC a chance, then you can't make an exact judgement on the game as a whole.

However at this moment in time, we are here to judge what we have seen up to date. Right now we can only have an opinion on whether it seems like a good game or a bad game. There's still going to be those who play it when it's released that still don't like it. And there'll be those who didn't like it that much, but play it and then change their minds and support it. That's just how people are. As long as we can learn to respect that from all of this, then there won't be unnecessary arguments over the game.

As of now the majority of replies to this Thread have been positive. However, even from myself I have drawn upon aspects that I think could be improved. So I'm not fully supporting it myself and saying it's the best thing ever, I just think they have been working harder than most people originally thought and they have done their best with this. We have to appreciate other people's opinions. If people post here still saying they dislike what they see in the new trailer, we shouldn't argue against it. Just let them have their opinion.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
It seems more and more as if they are making a game version based on the Tony whatever-his-last-name-his idea given in the first Devil May Cry novel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It seems more and more as if they are making a game version based on the Tony whatever-his-last-name-his idea given in the first Devil May Cry novel.

Tony Redgrave, and that name is canon in the games too. They say it was Sparda's human name, and Dante used it as an alias during his demon-hunting days.

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Im sold simple as that.The environment.gameplay..i hate DMC 4 now.

Meg

Hm.

Well ignoring how the video screamed "terrible music video on MTV" it does look to be getting better. Some of the environments looked interesting, but I'm still not sold yet. It doesn't matter how good a game looks if it plays terribly. Will see.

Still, it does seem to be coming along.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Nope dont recognize it at all. Could barely make out how it sounded when it started to get good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom