• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dmc Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Nice new trailer. It appears Dante has a sort of glide move now which is rather interesting. And again, we see the world being torn apart behind the veil, as well as Dante getting white hair and a red coat during some kind of special trigger. I'm not sure if it is a DT, or maybe it is like Bayonetta's Witch Time - a sort of Bullet Time activation, perhaps?

But yes, I would have wanted a story trailer as well. They are leaving us hanging for a long time now, but I think it's because they want to show the pessimists that the gameplay IS awesome and somewhat like the past DMC games.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah im loving the bright beautiful settings, and a variety of music is good, the same combat music on dmc4 drove me insane!

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
perhaps ninja theory and capcom are saving the best for last, and by best for last im talking about a story trailer, its been a year now come on ninja theory give us at least a glimpse of some type of story

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I doubt it would of took a year if they werent so concerned with how the look of Dante was. And now their trying to sell the combat. I think it looks good. The bright colors and the noir have an interesting contrast. And it looks like the enemies are going to be more grotesque than in previous games.
NEED MORE

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I doubt it would of took a year if they werent so concerned with how the look of Dante was. And now their trying to sell the combat. I think it looks good. The bright colors and the noir have an interesting contrast. And it looks like the enemies are going to be more grotesque than in previous games.
NEED MORE
i agree with you, bright backgrounds, and grotesque enemies should equal a good mix, definitely NEED MORE o_O dmc press conference just can't come soon enough for me

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The trailer is a huge improvement. I think the moves were executed rather fluidly in combat terms. I enjoyed the part where Dante was gliding across the environment. I also enjoyed the parts where Dante was using his 'chain/whip' to pull himself across the room. It made me think it was something you'd see in a Prince Of Persia game, or Batman's grapple move in the Batman games. Which is a good thing for me, because that's what I wanted Ninja Theory to do with the 'chain/whip'. I wanted them to let us be able to use it for other things besides combat, and that's what they've done here. I'm liking the evasive moves. I still think and hope there is a jump button. There didn't seem to be much of a connection with Dante's attack towards that Boss in the trailer though. I know in Devil May Cry 4, they really went with a lot of body/sword connection with enemies and Bosses. What I basically mean is the move didn't seem to make much of an impact on the Boss, as if it didn't even hit it or something. There was no bloodshed or anything, it does need to be slightly more gory.

I think OriginalOutcast said something about Vergil potentially being in this game. I sure hope so. I think if Ninja Theory do the following things, then this could be one of my favourite Devil May Cry games. If they add Vergil in the game, it's just going to be win right away. They need to add a jump button. They need to add more gore, we need to see more blood. They need to prove that storytelling is their greatest forte, otherwise this game will probably go downhill. They don't really have to do much now to be honest. Just tell us a little about the story, we've definitely seen enough game-play footage to be able to judge whether we at least like it or not. Introduce us to the story, Ninja Theory.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The trailer is a huge improvement. I think the moves were executed rather fluidly in combat terms. I enjoyed the part where Dante was gliding across the environment. I also enjoyed the parts where Dante was using his 'chain/whip' to pull himself across the room. It made me think it was something you'd see in a Prince Of Persia game, or Batman's grapple move in the Batman games. Which is a good thing for me, because that's what I wanted Ninja Theory to do with the 'chain/whip'. I wanted them to let us be able to use it for other things besides combat, and that's what they've done here. I'm liking the evasive moves. I still think and hope there is a jump button. There didn't seem to be much of a connection with Dante's attack towards that Boss in the trailer though. I know in Devil May Cry 4, they really went with a lot of body/sword connection with enemies and Bosses. What I basically mean is the move didn't seem to make much of an impact on the Boss, as if it didn't even hit it or something. There was no bloodshed or anything, it does need to be slightly more gory.

I think OriginalOutcast said something about Vergil potentially being in this game. I sure hope so. I think if Ninja Theory do the following things, then this could be one of my favourite Devil May Cry games. If they add Vergil in the game, it's just going to be win right away. They need to add a jump button. They need to add more gore, we need to see more blood. They need to prove that storytelling is their greatest forte, otherwise this game will probably go downhill. They don't really have to do much now to be honest. Just tell us a little about the story, we've definitely seen enough game-play footage to be able to judge whether we at least like it or not. Introduce us to the story, Ninja Theory.
i agree with everything you've said nice summary, i especially agree with you that it should have more gore, it would just add another satisfying layer to this game; there's nothing i like more than ripping demons limb from limb

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
From previous dmc game to this one, it has way more blood flying! and now theres dismemberment..
i agree with you though, rated M usually means something a little more violent. His "whip" is exactly like nero's Snatch move. His Dash seems to be longer(distance) and like u said before, more traversal now. No cigarettes. And the Boss is hanging from its tail, attached to the ceiling.... maybe that thing is underground and thats whats making the streets to fold up around him

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i would like to see more combat of dante fighting that lady bug boss, to see just how epic and over-the-top the boss fights will be, and since ninja theory and capcom are going for a grittier darker look violence, blood, gore is encouraged :)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The Bug Boss part of the trailer must be just part of the middle. like it was said before, his gliding through the levels seems like part of the Boss fight itself. (you can see enemies on the floor) But i doubt you'd want to stop and fight them.... for one reason only.
Still no "word" from Dante. Just a little high pitched scream. But not much to care about.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The Bug Boss part of the trailer must be just part of the middle. like it was said before, his gliding through the levels seems like part of the Boss fight itself. (you can see enemies on the floor) But i doubt you'd want to stop and fight them.... for one reason only.
Still no "word" from Dante. Just a little high pitched scream. But not much to care about.
i think you're right, i would just like to see more combat with the lady bug since we haven't seen but that one hit from dante lol
Of course, and that air glide *.*
I can't wait, keeps getting better and better.

couldn't agree with you more

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
This is looking to be one of the most interesting DMC games ever. The combat to me looks more fluid and faster than the previous trailers, and the grappling to move in the environment reminds me of Nero's. And the levels look awesome! Also, I know we knew they tweaked with the new Dante a while back, but he looks freakin awesome in this trailer! Especially the ending where he looks at the camera and his 'alter-ego' flashes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know I think Ninja Theory have been working on this a lot harder than people originally thought. I mean it wasn't like I was completely blown away with DmC to begin with, I just didn't feel the need to criticise and I was also being open-minded and optimistic. But now it's dawned on me that they really have been doing their best. A lot of good decisions made. It still looks like DMC to me, but they've added more fun to it. If they'd just made this like all the other DMC games, it would of been dull. Because think about it, what do you do when you try and make something new? You incorporate new ideas, try new things out. You experiment and adjust things. You look at what worked before but is now old/overused and what never worked and has been tweaked/worked on so it does work. Ninja Theory haven't changed DMC at all, they've just been editing it. I'm glad they've added all these things in to the game. It would of been awful in my opinion if they had just designed a DMC game that felt just like all the others with no difference and nothing feeling new.

You know I think Ninja Theory have been working on this a lot harder than people originally thought. I mean it wasn't like I was completely blown away with DmC to begin with, I just didn't feel the need to criticise and I was also being open-minded and optimistic. But now it's dawned on me that they really have been doing their best. A lot of good decisions made. It still looks like DMC to me, but they've added more fun to it. If they'd just made this like all the other DMC games, it would of been dull. Because think about it, what do you do when you try and make something new? You incorporate new ideas, try new things out. You experiment and adjust things. You look at what worked before but is now old/overused and what never worked and has been tweaked/worked on so it does work. Ninja Theory haven't changed DMC at all, they've just been editing it. I'm glad they've added all these things in to the game. It would of been awful in my opinion if they had just designed a DMC game that felt just like all the others with no difference and nothing feeling new.
It seems now like more mature, darker version of DMC, is it just me or?
Design of that boss bug lady is kinda done in grotesque way, looks creepy, can't wait for the story ^^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It seems now like more mature, darker version of DMC, is it just me or?
Design of that boss bug lady is kinda done in grotesque way, looks creepy, can't wait for the story ^^

I think Ninja Theory said it would be more mature, or something like that. I definitely see it, the more serious side to it. A lot of people will be like, "that isn't how Dante is though" and probably criticise that also. Well I have an answer to that. From what we know about the story so far from what Ninja Theory has revealed, is that Dante is angry with the demons for a number of reasons. This would be why he is more serious. At the moment his seriousness and hardly saying much is reminding me of his attitude in Devil May Cry 2. I hope they make him say much more though, and give him non-serious moments just to make it all blend well.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm always down for the grotesque in things and from the very first DMC i always thought dante had a heart. He just had his life crushed and tons of power and the only way to cope was to act like a badass and try to not let his emotions get in his way. This darker tone was always necessary. dmc2 had a more mature story and tone to it and it feels right that Dante wasnt always a immature pre-adult. It gives him more humanity than anything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm always down for the grotesque in things and from the very first DMC i always thought dante had a heart. He just had his life crushed and tons of power and the only way to cope was to act like a badass and try to not let his emotions get in his way. This darker tone was always necessary. dmc2 had a more mature story and tone to it and it feels right that Dante wasnt always a immature sex magnet. It gives him more humanity than anything

I know right. I always thought that also. I mean considering his life story, what had happened to him and his family in the past. What he had gone through because of all of it. Losing his mother, his father and essentially losing his brother. With nobody really there for him, he was left all alone. And not to mention having to decide what to do with all of his power, making that ultimate life changing decision. He went though some really rough times. You'd expect seriousness from him. I'd expect a more darker/maturer attitude than what we knew before, which was his jokey/cocky attitude. I'm not saying I didn't find that aspect of Dante fun in the past, because it was funny to hear him say the things that he did. I'm just saying, it never really fit his character well because of his circumstances. The things he went through he'd have to live with for the rest of his life. Things like that can really change a person. Can almost destroy a person. It's a good job he has the strength to continue and carry on fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom