• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Hi guys, long time no see. ^^
I just saw this trailer and OH MY GOD! It looks terrific! Maybe not graphic wise, but it would be utter stupidity to judge the game by its graphics already as the game is far from finished. Gameplay wise it looks awesome though. I love the fact that there are two worlds, one everyone sees and one veiled in shadows which Dante seems to be able to see. The first trailer now makes perfect sense. They have caught Dante and hold him in chains, because they think he's insane and that he is the cause of the destructions happening around him.

And apparently, in the shadow world, Dante's hair turns white and his coat turns bright red, giving him his old colour scheme. I wonder if they had planned to do this from the start or they put that in, because of all the fans bitching. If it is the latter, then that could mean two things: either Capcom/Ninja Theory listens to their fans, or they are pussies for being afraid of losing fans and tries to win them back this way.

Either way, I kinda like it. Dante, a man caught between two worlds. It really sets his character in perspective and makes him alot more interesting. It's nice to see them take the series into another direction with this. Imagine if it has ALWAYS been like this, but we've only seen the shadow world version of Dante's life. That also explains why there's no normal people around in the cities when Dante is hunting for demons.

I look forward to seeing more of this game. ^^

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Took me a while to get around to watching this due to lack of a decent connection. I have been reading this thread though and I thought yay - everyone seems to be positive and after watching it I'm thinking yay! It does look great. :)

However is it me or does Dante's walking make him look like he's constipated? Could be those tight pants? ^_<

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^ Don't know, but it seemed the producer had trouble holding his bowels during the E3 interview, he was bricking it! XD

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ I haven't watched that yet? I'm so annoyed new DmC stuff is emerging when I have limited Internet. :( Capcom/Ninja Theory could have waited for me to get things installed! I mean how rude of them! ;)

Osaka

trollololol
I'm just going to sit tight and wait until I've got that shiny new disk spinning in my machine before I start getting excited with anymore trailers and then demos. I'm still looking forward to seeing the end product for sure.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm glad they are releasing something for Gamescon and hoping they do something for TGS. hopefully a story trailer so i can know wha this thing is about?

Meg

GamesRadar continues to support the game with this article here;

EDITED OUT

SpawnShooter

^ wow, that guy seems like a douche, can you say patronizing much, it seems the so called "haters" are the ones receiving all the hate.

Reactions: Meg

Asmodaius

Meg

I agree the guy was out of line. They usually don't have articles like that. Thought I'd post it anyway though. ^^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
As everyone else pointed out this guy obviously acted like a Douche.

People have OPINIONS you know and some of us do not like this new direction simple as that. Just because the gameplay resembles your typical DMC game does not mean alot of us are going to jump on the bandwagon and say "OMG we love this game it is a true DMC!!!".

I'm still not impressed at all with the new trailer and untill they give me something to be impressed by I will continue singing the same tune.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I read just the headline and I was filled with anger and didn't read it! Ok yes we complained about DmC when we saw the first trailer but we had every right to complain! They changed our main character and story! We loved DMC for what it was and Capcom changed it so we went ape sh@t! I bet you if they changed Halo radically like they did with DMC all the Halo fans would be crying and throwing fits. Plain and simple, we LOVE our Dante and changing him ****ed us off PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! The day they reboot Halo and the Halo fans complain is the day I will laugh in their faces, because than they'll see our pain. And if one more person complains about DMC4 I will go on a shooting rampage!!!! Don't test me!!!!!!! (This anger is NOT directed towards our great DMC.org it is directed to that dude who wrote that post and all those who made fun of us for disliking DmC) SIGH!!!! Now that I got all that off my chest would anyone like a cup of tea? *Sits on floor and drinks tea anime comedic anime style*

SpawnShooter

The main thing that gets me is that they assume everyone must have the same opinion, most of the (let me remind you) people that dislike this game, do so for numerous reasons, each unique to the individual, it just seemed the hair was an encompassing reason, but now because some label us as "fanboy-ish haters" they neglect to ask the real reasons we are concerned, then when they slightly change what everyone assumes we are upset about, an aren't jumping for joy, they just think "ugh fanboys" or "haters gonna hate" hell if the DMC community was shallow enough to hate someone for their hair or just for the sake of it, I would not get on with anyone here.

If you want or look forward to this game, fair play, more power to you, I'm glad your looking forward to something, but please don't insult or patronize your community (or at least that's what you considered them a year ago) just because they have a slight difference in opinion.

EDIT: On re-reading it, in the opening, I wasn't reminding anyone that there are still un-satisfied people, I meant it as a reminder that they are still people and that goes across the board, so please, try and have respect, when wording an opinion or dis-agreeing with someone elses.

SpawnShooter

XD my post was directed towards people who don't respect others, which is not many people here, it was more for any passers by that may have a particular opinion about some of us, or that want to join to give any abuse...I won't have it, even if someone shares my opinion, if they're a D*** I will side with the innocent person.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
XD my post was directed towards people who don't respect others, which is not many people here, it was more for any passers by that may have a particular opinion about some of us, or that want to join to give any abuse...I won't have it, even if someone shares my opinion, if they're a D*** I will side with the innocent person.
So I'm safe??? I'm confused!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom