• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What's so wrong about it? The scenery looks beautiful. This is still early stages. Nothing seems wrong with Dante's appearance, it looks like they've improved on that. The swordplay looks quite interesting. I like the grappling move, as said by others it bares an uncanny resemblance to Nero's Devil Bringer, which makes it even more interesting in its own right. And we're just watching a trailer of it, not physically playing the game ourselves. I'd love to play a demo of this, I bet it'd be interesting. If the story is nice, then this game will surely live up to other DMC games no doubt. I fail to see why it wouldn't personally =/

Chrysander

I don't really want to explain why I'm so down about it because, to be honest, I'm happy for those who are feeling positive. I don't want to take anything away from that, and listing the problems wouldn't achieve anything. I guess I just wanted to post on here to show that there is a negative reaction too - and I am totally surprised that there aren't more negative reactions too. But there you go, I'll wait for more footage

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Fair point, there's bound to be negative reactions. If you've found genuine reasons for your negative reactions, then fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously. Is there anything might I ask that does seem to come across as positive from this new trailer? =/

aka958

Don't trust people
:/

No gameplay cams, no hud, nothing but flashy recording of cutscenes and gameplay.

Actually, this does not prove that this game is a DMC game for those who spill it out because it has fast paced gameplay. It makes it certain it is a Hack'n'Slash. Familiar moves were to be returned, I knew that from the beginning.

No, nothing new here, not to me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Interesting, I have the same general positive points to make as yourself.

May I try and depict some possible negative points about the game?

* Lack of understanding towards the story line at this moment in time.

* Dante's appearance is substantially different to how it is in previous Devil May Cry games.

* Graphics do seem a little blurry and rushed (To be honest, my eyesight is quite poor though)

* Fighting looks seemingly easy enough (Combat seemed to be quick throughout the trailer, gives me the impression that enemies are easy to dispatch) It could make for an easy game to complete, too early to call.

* Keeping canon with the story. For instance, if Dante has a Devil Trigger, though it's meant to be set before his was awoken (It does appear that something happens to make his hair turn silver/platinum, but how this happens I can only speculate on at this moment in time)

So to summarise...

From what I can visualize in the recent trailer, the graphics aren't as amazing as they probably could be (Seems a little too like a cartoon) The game-play such as fighting primarily seems to come across as quick and easy to pull off successfully, making it overall less challenging. It appears that Dante's weapons such as Rebellion and Force Edge are not present in the trailer's footage, however, a new weapon that appears to morph has taken their respective places.

Are these negative points similar to any of the negative points you currently hold? Without dampening anyone's spirits, negative points respectively still should be discussed to represent our feedback as potential buyers of the finalized product.

Chrysander

The biggest problem is the combat / gameplay, which looks clunky and awkward, compared to the smoothness of Bayonetta and DMC3. It doesn't look stylish to me, looks like everything is a struggle. Beyond that, I don't see anything very interesting going on, it isn't extreme or very imaginative I guess. Just pretty bland stuff, again, compared to Bayonetta, which should be the primary competition. Smaller concerns still exist such as what he looks like - scrawny and bitter. It irritates me, but the gameplay should wow me enough that I don't care, but it didn't so I am still looking at it and not happy. Atmosphere is lacking too, it doesn't have the same feel as the other games, which were a kind of gothic rock approach. Instead, this seems bland, I don't even know what the aim is, I can't connect with it emotionally, it doesn't seem energetic. It doesn't look fun is the bottom line, looks like something else other than DMC, made by people who fundamentally don't understand what makes DMC what it is.

Dominus

HAHAHA they disabled ratings. Oh and the rest of you people thinking this thrown together trailer after 7 months of nothing is good enough make me glad I don't frequent these boards anymore. Enjoy your mediocrity.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
So nice to hear Bayonetta being mentioned so much <3

But anyways, the combat does look clunky...we'll just have to wait and see some type of walkthrough or demo. We need some hands on time with this thing. Lets just hope it's not as bad as Heavenly Sword and Enslaved combat wise :X (awkard, sluggish dial combos...)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
wow they actually showed something new. and people where worried that the gameplay was going to be slow. it looks fast enough.

they are not going to show Dante getting beat up in the gameplay trailer. you can't tell the game's difficulty from this. we can tell that it is going to be fast and that there will be a varity of moves. both good things.

the story could be the worst in gaming history or the best ever we don't know. but we do know that the gameplay will not be a complete failure and it looks like it will probably be as good as the other games(even Devil May Cry 2 was still a fun game and the gameplay in this one might even match 1 and 3). and we can't figure that out until they release a playable demo.

so at the moment the only actually resonable complaint anyone could have that hasn't been said 20,000 times is that they didn't provide any information about the story at E3 and since it's not over they still have a chance. (or they could be trying to keep everything a surprise so we can figure it out ourselves.)

Meg

Yeah....hate to be Johnny Raincloud, but I'm really not impressed by this either. Like at all. This is the biggest "meh" of a trailer I've seen in awhile, and not just because of the poor graphics. Although I think its sad this is all they have to show after all the time they had.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Yeah....hate to be Johnny Raincloud, but I'm really not impressed by this either. Like at all. This is the biggest "meh" of a trailer I've seen in awhile, and not just because of the poor graphics. Although I think its sad this is all they have to show after all the time they had.

You're aware this is still an early alpha build right? I think it's ballsy of them to show off actual gameplay footage this early in the development stage, it kinda shows that Ninja Theory are at least trying to prove that it's still a DMC game at heart.

They haven't really had a long time at all, asking for a super high quality trailer in a pre-alpha build is asking far too much, I'm just happy that they're at least trying to make this good, gameplay wise at least.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The biggest problem is the combat / gameplay, which looks clunky and awkward, compared to the smoothness of Bayonetta and DMC3. It doesn't look stylish to me, looks like everything is a struggle. Beyond that, I don't see anything very interesting going on, it isn't extreme or very imaginative I guess. Just pretty bland stuff, again, compared to Bayonetta, which should be the primary competition. Smaller concerns still exist such as what he looks like - scrawny and bitter. It irritates me, but the gameplay should wow me enough that I don't care, but it didn't so I am still looking at it and not happy. Atmosphere is lacking too, it doesn't have the same feel as the other games, which were a kind of gothic rock approach. Instead, this seems bland, I don't even know what the aim is, I can't connect with it emotionally, it doesn't seem energetic. It doesn't look fun is the bottom line, looks like something else other than DMC, made by people who fundamentally don't understand what makes DMC what it is.

I've merely decided to quote your post in particular because I like the way in which you've clearly thought out your reasoning behind your opinion of the game at this early stage. Not because I wish to argue with you about such a thing, as I believe we can have a mature discussion about such things. So I will agree and disagree somewhat to the points that you've made to whatever extent I think I should. What I feel from what you're saying is that clearly this new trailer does not show us the same fast paced and stylish game-play in which the other Devil May Cry games managed to deliver us. But what you aren't saying is that the game-play itself is awful, therefore it still has its good points I believe. So despite it not being on par with previous Devil May Cry titles, I don't think you take your negative points to the point in which you feel the thing as a whole is atrocious. I could be wrong, but in my opinion the trailer shows quite an interesting enough game to want to spend some time on. Perhaps not as worthy as other DMC titles, as I said before, but we could just call this Devil May Cry 2 all over again. I think at this early stage, it's too small to tell whether that'll ultimately be the case. Since it's still in its early production, we could still give it a chance. I think you're a mature and open minded enough person to be willing to do that. So I don't think we should give up hope yet that this won't deliver us something interesting. And even if when it comes to the final product, when it's on your TV screen and the game-play still does not satisfy you as much as you had wished, then perhaps hopefully the story will be enough to persuade you that it is a worthy enough addition to the Devil May Cry Franchise. I guess what I'm saying really is that it's too early to make a vast judgement, but we are here to simply judge what we have witnessed from this new trailer to date, and your judgement is very much significant to the overall fanbase response of this game. Thank you for posting your opinion, it has given me something to work off from in order to clear up my understandings towards negative and positive responses towards this.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Gaming magazines do say that modern day Capcom will not better or match DMC3.

Does anyone get the feeling Capcom are rushing this out now. Even the E3 trailer for DMC3 was better. I can't remember when the game was announced (i think it was about september/october-ish last year). And they have a video demo ready in... 4/5 months.
I'm starting to think that Capcom does not care about the franchise now. This game could make or break the series, and so far, from what I've read, its the latter. Street Fighter and Resi are still going... why bother with a third?
(BTW, That's me thinking out loud.)

Meg

You're aware this is still an early alpha build right? I think it's ballsy of them to show off actual gameplay footage this early in the development stage, it kinda shows that Ninja Theory are at least trying to prove that it's still a DMC game at heart.

They haven't really had a long time at all, asking for a super high quality trailer in a pre-alpha build is asking far too much, I'm just happy that they're at least trying to make this good, gameplay wise at least.

I don't know anything about game development. I haven't got a clue what early alpha-build means. (I guess that's like a rough draft?) I wasn't criticizing the quality of the trailer so much as the trailer itself. I thought it was boring. Nothing grabbed me about it at all. All I saw was a generic hack and slash with a dumb art design.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would have preferred they waited until they had something special to show. Or maybe I'm just really cynical? Although...that I already knew. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom