• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New demon hunters for future DMCs

windleopard

The lieutenants and the leader all got killed in DMC4, Nero sure didn't seem interested in rebuild the Order (never really cared about it in the first place) and went on his own path. Kyrie likely followed him as well.
What does this have to do with having a Native American or First Nations demon hunter?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What does this have to do with having a Native American or First Nations demon hunter?

Oh ****, for some reason my mind farted and made me think you were replying to another post in another thread.

But to answer your question, putting emphasis in the characters' nationalities or ethnicities was never something DMC cared about. Why do you have to specify that a devil hunter is Canadian or native American or whatever else, and have that influence what kind of gear they use as well? This ain't Assassin's Creed. And Ronin's post very much gave me that kind of vibe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind seeing Sun Wokung of Journey into the West pop up. Have him be an old friend of Sparda's from way back in the day.

windleopard

Oh ****, for some reason my mind farted and made me think you were replying to another post in another thread.

But to answer your question, putting emphasis in the characters' nationalities or ethnicities was never something DMC cared about. Why do you have to specify that a devil hunter is Canadian or native American or whatever else, and have that influence what kind of gear they use as well? This ain't Assassin's Creed. And Ronin's post very much gave me that kind of vibe.

I didn't get that vibe from that post at all. I don't think having a character be Native American means that character will be defined by their race. Capcom has made characters who are more than their race before.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't mind expanding DMC'S borders, whether it be supernatural or real-world.

So having hunters be from other countries is something I'm ok with.

I was thinking about Metal Gear and we need some hunters who are goofy. If they the Pain who fights with Bees, please do.

I was gonna do a DMC spec script focused on Dante's high school reunion. Its supposed to be a deconstruction of the high school hero team trope.

Im gonna pitch it as Grosse Point Blank meets Supernatural(tv).

Goldsickle

After the events of DMC4, what happens to the Order knights that underwent the Ascension Ceremony?

Are they all killed or are they currently wandering the world with the ability to Devil Trigger?
Are they going to lay low and live under the radar as civilians, lose control and become a threat to people around or will they continue becoming Devil Hunters but without being under the Order's rule?

This is assuming the Order was abolished.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
After the events of DMC4, what happens to the Order knights that underwent the Ascension Ceremony?

Are they all killed or are they currently wandering the world with the ability to Devil Trigger?
Are they going to lay low and live under the radar as civilians, lose control and become a threat to people around or will they continue becoming Devil Hunters but without being under the Order's rule?

This is assuming the Order was abolished.
I imagine most of the members who were turned to demons probably were killed by Nero/Dante etc. Granted you could have a few spared/escaped the island/ not sucumb to demon madness etc.

Goldsickle

I imagine most of the members who were turned to demons probably were killed by Nero/Dante etc. Granted you could have a few spared/escaped the island/ not sucumb to demon madness etc.
It'd be interesting if the Ascended knights have powered up transformations like Credo and Agnus.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It'd be interesting if the Ascended knights have powered up transformations like Credo and Agnus.
It's stuff like this that makes me annoyed at how DMC4 handled its story. They bring up the idea in the first mission that the Order members are being transformed into demons but then completely sidestep any issues by never showing the foot soldiers again after that scene.

Imagine the drama that could be had by Nero being forced to slay his former comrades who have been manipulated into the Ascension Ceremony and have become monsters without logic or reason. Stuff like that. :bored:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Goldsickle
That's probably just for the higher ups.

@Lain
Given most of the demon fights are comedic, having a few human turned demon fights that were more somber in nature would have balanced things out.

Granted the actual human fights Nero had were more serious so yeah..

You might have got extra tension if Nero was just a regular human that went through the Ascension process.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any new hunter ideas for those who use swords?

Be nice to see a new one wielding a rapier. Perhaps a Zorro-type slayer?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if we'll get new hunters who're twin daughters (since twin bros Dante & Vergil)? Except not related to Sparda. But from another demon who knew him maybe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've been thinking about the Titanium Ranger from PR Lightspeed Rescue. He was a human raised by a demon and that would be an interesting dynamic to play with in DMC.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I've been thinking about the Titanium Ranger from PR Lightspeed Rescue. He was a human raised by a demon and that would be an interesting dynamic to play with in DMC.

That'd be perfect for one of the future protagonists. Having Rhett Fisher play a character like that. I can imagine a weapon of his like the Titanium Laser.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That'd be perfect for one of the future protagonists. Having Rhett Fisher play a character like that. I can imagine a weapon of his like the Titanium Laser.
A glaive might be cool.

AH-3503.png

Top Bottom