• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New demon hunters for future DMCs

Goldsickle

I wonder if there's a US government version of The Order Of The Sword.
Like what if the Pentagon has been capturing demons and Devil Arms of their own and even have Devil Hunters among the military.

windleopard

DMC is European, but what if they explored other areas like in....

- Asia: Japan, China, India
- America: Native American/Canadian
- Africa
- Australia
- Middle East

Well... other religious factions Sparda came across during his travels

DMC is European? They don't sound like it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC is European? They don't sound like it.
Technically Dante's office is supposed to be in the States but a lot of the games tend to have European influences in terms of setting design.

So they mixed and matched design styles to suit their purposes.

As for lack of accents, the dub probably didn't bother because it was pretty vague anyway. Granted the cast of Fortuna should maybe have had a foreign accent.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wonder if there's a US government version of The Order Of The Sword.
Like what if the Pentagon has been capturing demons and Devil Arms of their own and even have Devil Hunters among the military.

That’d be nice for a future game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've been thinking about a V spinoff focusing on his past.

I thought of him as a weird kid who fell into a bad crowd. So do you think he should be a family practicing magic or just some dude who stumbled into it?

windleopard

I've been thinking about a V spinoff focusing on his past.

I thought of him as a weird kid who fell into a bad crowd. So do you think he should be a family practicing magic or just some dude who stumbled into it?

Either one can work. I think I might lean more into the latter than the former. Maybe you can even tie it further into the past games by saying he learned from the same order that trained Arius. Both can use summoned demons.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Dante feels like Blade & Nero feels like Hellboy.

How about in the future, a new demon hunter like Daredevil? Since Nero's arm, how about someone with special eyes?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
This has probably been said before, but I'd be interested in seeing whoever taught Dante about Demon Hunting show up in a future title.

A little low hanging fruit perhaps, but it'd be an easy segue into a new game - Dante's old master sends a letter to him after vanishing mysteriously saying about how he discovered an ancient demon threat blah blah blah and now it's too big for anyone but the DMC crew.

windleopard

Dante feels like Blade & Nero feels like Hellboy.

How about in the future, a new demon hunter like Daredevil? Since Nero's arm, how about someone with special eyes?

Daredevil? That seems like an odd choice. Blade and Hellboy are hunters of the supernatural while Daredevil deals human criminals or people whose powers has a scientific origin.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Daredevil? That seems like an odd choice. Blade and Hellboy are hunters of the supernatural while Daredevil deals human criminals or people whose powers has a scientific origin.

True. What about Kenshi from MK? He's blind.

Perhaps for a new hunter to have his human eyes replaced with demonic eyes?

windleopard

True. What about Kenshi from MK? He's blind.

Perhaps for a new hunter to have his human eyes replaced with demonic eyes?
Maybe not demonic eyes specifically but a blind, telekintetic swordsman with a magic sword wouldn't be that out of place in DMC.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Maybe not demonic eyes specifically but a blind, telekintetic swordsman with a magic sword wouldn't be that out of place in DMC.

Still. Be nice for a blind demon slayer. Like for the demonic eyes, can be sealed in a blindfold to keep its cursed power contained.

The human's eyes in the beginning would be taken from him. Cut off and blinded. Captured to have eyes replaced with demon eyes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin Dante's closer to Hellboy personality wise.

@windleopard Technically Daredevil has fought and dealt with supernatural enemies before.

A blind telekinetic swordsman would be cool. Or someone with a third eye.

I thought V could be an English major, as that explains how he got into William Blake.

@Lain that could be a good way to develop Dante's past and what happened to him/vergil after Eva died.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any thoughts of a Native American/Canadian demon hunter?

Melee arms: Sword & Tomahawk
Firearms: Handguns & crossbow

Top Bottom