• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New demon hunters for future DMCs

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've probably said this before but I'm too lazy to go and check:

DMC5 really opens up a lot of possibilities when it comes to introducing new demon hunters thanks to the fact the worldwide attack of the demons is pretty much impossible to cover up anymore and now they'll have to find ways of dealing with it. So I imagine a lot of money would go into scientific advancements into allowing humans to defeat demons - whether it be technological or biological.

And that also leads to the presumable creation of military might specifically targeting demons, which might create competition between official state hunters and private hunters like Nero and company, who might even be considered outlaws for their actions. To say nothing of the problem of hybrids being attacked out of fear or for experimentation.

Anyways, that brings me to the topic of this thread, if I could design a new demon hunter for a potential DMC6 then I'd go with a man who was a former mafia hitman and took part in some early trial experiments to create super soldiers to hunt demons. The reason he joined was because he wanted revenge on a demon that killed his boss. But the experiment wasn't a true success and he only got the power of regeneration as well as having absolute peak human physical capabilities (but not outright superhuman like Dante). Thus he was denied access into the new SWAT-esque squad made to hunt down demons and so he decided to take revenge into his own hands by arming himself to the teeth with guns and using his skills alongside his new power to strike down his target and all those that would stand in his way, be they human or demon. Not the most original idea, but hey that's what you get for only 5 minutes of thinking.

In terms of gameplay, what I envisage is a character based around the Gunslinger style (my personal favourite) expanding on the template set by Lady in DMC4SE. Of course it wouldn't be just guns, but also some melee moves (a la Trish) thrown in to supplement the moveset, especially since Lady sucks when it comes to the Triangle button. Potentially also some kind of Buster-esque move where if you managed to stun enemies you can grab them and do a fancy Devil Bringer type cinematic attack for massive damage to offset the fact that this character would do less damage per normal hit than say Nero/Dante.

Just a few thoughts...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There are a list of hunters I'd like to see, including for some who can become protagonists after Dante & joining Nero. Dante feels like Blade, Nero as Hellboy & V as Constantine.

1. A hunter who wields a medallion Devil Arm that forms armor and using a customized shield as a board.
  2. A monk in a mix of a samurai, ninja & taoist
  3. A female contortionist assassin - Voldo-style
  4. A young king from a lost hidden empire - like Black Panther
  5. A new mage who's a summoner like V

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yusuf and Saffiya are newlyweds who are V's landlords.

Yusuf was an ex-soldier(sniper) readjusting to civilian life before he met V. He tries to be the practical one but is surrounded by a bunch of oddballs (his wife included). He is based of Noa from the Live Hacker musical.

Safiya was a med-student who refuses to be just a passive observer in life. She's pretty snarky and prefers to call V's familiars J'inn than demons. Almost had a heart attack when gryphon says his cousin is named Lucifer.

Fuhukihiko (placeholder name)- a yokai masquerading as a human singer/actor. He hires V to help his human girlfriend who was hexed for some reason (she doesn't know he's a yokai).

@Lain
your idea reminds of Metal Gear Revengeance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom