• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's origins - What do you think?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well, I myself had come to a (sort of) conclusion that Nero may have been created by somebody by combining Dante and Vergil's blood. That's probably not possible in the real world, but hey, it's a game, so who knows?

I believe Nero's arm (the Devil Bringer) is his own arm, as it's blue and red, like the rest of Nero's appearance. So it's basically a partial Devil Trigger. Nero happened to get Vergil's Devil Trigger because the Yamato was nearby when he first went into Devil Trigger. Yamato contains part of Vergil's soul, or perhaps part of Sparda's, since Nero heard Yamato call out to him: ''Power. Give me more power!''
Thats not a bad theory seeing how Lucia was pretty much made the same way but who created him?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Thats not a bad theory seeing how Lucia was pretty much made the same way but who created him?

Well, I'm not sure how Lucia was created, but I think it's more like how Nero Angelo was created by Mundus. I know Agnus can't have created Nero, because he doesn't know anything about his arm or his demonic powers. It was probably some unknown scientist who created him, then left him at the orphanage in Fortuna.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well, I'm not sure how Lucia was created, but I think it's more like how Nero Angelo was created by Mundus. I know Agnus can't have created Nero, because he doesn't know anything about his arm or his demonic powers. It was probably some unknown scientist who created him, then left him at the orphanage in Fortuna.
or maybe infused dante and or vergils blood in him as a small child (also i believe lucia was a manufactored demon but was imperfect and thrown out but raised up as a demon hunter she can also devil trigger soo )

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Well, now that I think about it, Nero may have been created by a scientist from the Order of the Sword. I think that may be the case because Sanctus knew about Nero, and even said ''you have indeed inherited Sparda's power'''. This was probably when Agnus wasn't a member of the Order yet.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well, now that I think about it, Nero may have been created by a scientist from the Order of the Sword. I think that may be the case because Sanctus knew about Nero, and even said ''you have indeed inherited Sparda's power'''. This was probably when Agnus wasn't a member of the Order yet.
hmm could be

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
People are often very impressed by the fact that Nero says he heard somebody say ''Power. Give me more power!'', and they usually give that as proof that Nero's arm is possessed by Vergil, but that doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, Vergil's soul, an inherently non-physical thing, going into an arm, which is a physical thing? Not likely.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
People are often very impressed by the fact that Nero says he heard somebody say ''Power. Give me more power!'', and they usually give that as proof that Nero's arm is possessed by Vergil, but that doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, Vergil's soul, an inherently non-physical thing, going into an arm, which is a physical thing? Not likely.
hmm well its a much better theory than nero being vergils son imo but i guess since the devil bringer is a devil arm technacially its alive (ex. look at agni and rudra) so it wouldnt be impossible

crush

Some of you guys notice that Nero's arm has this blue chip like thing in the inside. Although the arm itself is quite red.
I think that blue thing is another piece of Nelo Angelo's armour. So I think Nero's mother implanted her child the power he needed to stay alive.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Some of you guys notice that Nero's arm has this blue chip like thing in the inside. Although the arm itself is quite red.
I think that blue thing is another piece of Nelo Angelo's armour. So I think Nero's mother implanted her child the power he needed to stay alive.

Blue chip-like thing? I must've missed something. He does have this luminescent blue inside of his arm that starts in his hand (his fingers are also luminescent blue), but that's obviously part of him, not something put in there by someone. The rest of his arm is red, with blue on the bottom. It all fits Nero very well, just like he has a red undercoat or whatever you call it, and a blue coat and pants.

Those colors symbolize that he's a new Sparda - not purple, but blue and red, kind of like a separated Dante and Vergil, but still combined in one person. What's pretty awesome to see is that Nero actually gets a purple aura (Sparda) when he grips Yamato.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
hmm well its a much better theory than nero being vergils son imo but i guess since the devil bringer is a devil arm technacially its alive (ex. look at agni and rudra) so it wouldnt be impossible

I don't know, I see Nero's arm as not being alive, but simply being part of Nero's body. By 'Devil Arm' people actually mean 'Devil Weapon', as the word 'Arm' means 'weapon'. Like in the word 'firearm', which is a word for pistol or rifle.

Agni and Rudra, Lucifer etc are indeed devil arms, AKA devil weapons. There's been a lot of confusion about Agnus's words: ''but after utilising an extremely powerful devil's arm, it proved sufficient.'' He didn't mean his arm; he actually meant Yamato, which is a devil weapon (arm).

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I don't know, I see Nero's arm as not being alive, but simply being part of Nero's body. By 'Devil Arm' people actually mean 'Devil Weapon', as the word 'Arm' means 'weapon'. Like in the word 'firearm', which is a word for pistol or rifle.

Agni and Rudra, Lucifer etc are indeed devil arms, AKA devil weapons. There's been a lot of confusion about Agnus's words: ''but after utilising an extremely powerful devil's arm, it proved sufficient.'' He didn't mean his arm; he actually meant Yamato, which is a devil weapon (arm).
i know but vergils spirit could have reacted to nero and passed through his sword to nero's arm

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i know but vergils spirit could have reacted to nero and passed through his sword to nero's arm

I'd say that's definitely possible. It's not something I would put in a game, but then, Metal Gear Solid didn't make sense either - I mean, Liquid Snake took over Ocelot's mind through his arm, right? ...Riiiight :p

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
~Big @ss Snip~ /quote]

Fair enough but going off of DMC4's dialogue the devilish pope says this about Nero;
"Held back by love. Such a shame. Still, I must salute a man who carries the blood Sparda. While not in Dante’s league you still presented a harder fight than I had anticipated."

So regardless of timeline and contradictions Nero is ether A) Dante or Vergil's son or B) A third son of Sparda. The game's dialogue and imagery paint Nero as a member of Sparda's family. So he's somebody's kid period.
Since when is DMC2 not cannon?

Here's a link to DMC4's entire dialogue:
http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4script.htm

Valcorn

@The guy, can you provide a SOURCE for the "development team's statement" of DMC4 being set 1 year after the first one/10 after the third one? Also Nero is 17. I doubt Dante is just 29 in DMC4, he looks quite older, and isn't much believable.

Agnus studied Yamato for quite some time, or at least it seems. So Dante killing Vergil a year earlier makes no sense... that would be like Sanctus waiting for Vergil to die in order to get his sword.
There must be at least 5 year time-skip between.

Also let's try a theory: DMC4 is set in the same year as the game was released in, (just like RE5) thus 2008.
Any idea about the Sons Of Sparda's date of birth or the year Dante's Awakening takes place?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So I went to the Devil's Lair (DMC forum) and reread their summary of the DMC 4 novels and I'm convinced that Nero is Vergil's son. Here's why, the novel tells DMC4's story (as depicted in the game) with added scenes. Deleted scenes if you were. Since nothing in the novel contradicts the game its pretty much solid.
Vergil had a good time with a prostitute and she got pregnant. Vergil probably didn't know she was pregnant. All you "Vergil wouldn't do that" go blow yourself! :p Vergil is power hungry because of his mothers death but he's human and humans get horny DEAL WITH IT! The prostitute left Nero at Kyrie's door so he was raised with them.
Nero's arm changed when he got attacked protecting Kyrie. The video game booklet and Novel confirm this. Why does Nero have a demon arm? Blame God/DNA. Yamato being Vergil's sword probably contains Vergil's ambitions and it reacted to Nero's strong feelings to protect Kyrie. The Blue ghost is Nero's soul physically manifested.
IT MAKES SENSE, this is basic Japanese anime thinking folks. Those who dislike Vergil being Nero's dad are foolish. The novel author Bingo something said DMC4 had deleted scenes for various reasons and the novel brought them back. Bingo was working on the game so him quitting doesn't change what he knows.
Concerning the age discrepancy US studios have been known to age anime characters because Japanese have a unnatural liking of 17 and younger characters. Want proof?! Look at DBZ's Son Gohan, his Japanese age is different from his US age, fact!
Nero is Vergil's son period!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
So I went to the Devil's Lair (DMC forum) and reread their summary of the DMC 4 novels and I'm convinced that Nero is Vergil's son. Here's why, the novel tells DMC4's story (as depicted in the game) with added scenes. Deleted scenes if you were. Since nothing in the novel contradicts the game its pretty much solid.
Vergil had a good time with a prostitute and she got pregnant. Vergil probably didn't know she was pregnant. All you "Vergil wouldn't do that" go blow yourself! :p Vergil is power hungry because of his mothers death but he's human and humans get horny DEAL WITH IT! The prostitute left Nero at Kyrie's door so he was raised with them.
Nero's arm changed when he got attacked protecting Kyrie. The video game booklet and Novel confirm this. Why does Nero have a demon arm? Blame God/DNA. Yamato being Vergil's sword probably contains Vergil's ambitions and it reacted to Nero's strong feelings to protect Kyrie. The Blue ghost is Nero's soul physically manifested.
IT MAKES SENSE, this is basic Japanese anime thinking folks. Those who dislike Vergil being Nero's dad are foolish. The novel author Bingo something said DMC4 had deleted scenes for various reasons and the novel brought them back. Bingo was working on the game so him quitting doesn't change what he knows.
Concerning the age discrepancy US studios have been known to age anime characters because Japanese have a unnatural liking of 17 and younger characters. Want proof?! Look at DBZ's Son Gohan, his Japanese age is different from his US age, fact!
Nero is Vergil's son period!
but the books arent canon and dante is around 29 in 4 so basically vergil would have to have sex with a prostitute at around the age of 12 for that theory to hold water

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The novels don't contradict the game thou so its added info is just that added info. The game hints of Nero's family ties with Sparda and being Vergil's kid is the best possible explaination of who Nero is. What are the odds that Bingo says their were deleted scenes and BOOM he writes them into a novel? If the book isn't cannon why hasn't Capcom sued him for writing a book based on their game? If the book isn't cannon it still makes sense with the games story. Nero is somebody's kid.
How do you know Dante is 29? Vergil may be older than Dante twins aren't always born at the same time.

Point is Nero has Sparda's blood and that's fact. He was a orphan so the Order didn't experiment on him like some think nor is he Vergil or Sparda's reincarnation. He's somebody's bastard child.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
well with vergil he could be minutes older still the same age though the book doesnt have to be cannon as long as they make money on the books and besides that i think vergil possesses nero's devil bringer

Nelo The Great

Vergil's spirit ****** nero's mom.

tumblr_m6cxj3kDa51qet03zo1_500.jpg

Top Bottom