• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Says Jackpot !!!

Durante

Dead
Yeah i heard he said Jackpot seems weird as hell :/ probably he copied it from Dante or he really is a copy of Vergil lol

Keaton

Premium
Vergil used to say Jackpot when alongside Dante, but Vergil never had that as a catchphrase when he worked alone. Its more likely a coincidence or a nostaligic quirk pur in by the developers, afterall Jackpot is Dantes catchphrase when he defeats an enemy.

I imagine it was a 'tribute to Dante' in the sense that this was the first Devil May Cry last Boss that Dante didn't deal the final blow too.

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
When I stoped Santcuses sword atack three times, the last time when I stoped him and did the finishing off I got "Jackpot" also from Nero :p

Dying Angel

Another Nero is a Virgil theory or we're u just pointng t out that Nero said jackpot, Have to admit tho never actually noticed

Sparda™

Duh, Nero is not Vergil. Get this idea off your heads.

It's more like a phrase when killing the last boss. It has been so in every Devil May Cry game.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Heck yeah Nero is not even close to Vergil...

Vergil is brutal and cold-hearted, not using any guns and having a completely different hairstyle compared to Dante...

Now look at Nero

He behaves much like DMC3-Dante, except all the stuff with Kyrie.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I think he's Vergil, but the link between the two is none existent.

It's simply a catch-phrase that has been with the series since its humble beginnings.

Zato-OW

King
Not this again? Nero was alive when Vergil was Nelo Angelo. But Nero is connected with Sparda,Dante and Vergil.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Sparda™;165592 said:
Please, no.

Don't start something which has been discussed and said It is false.
If I was starting something by stating that, you were starting something when you said he isn't.

How about we drop this now.

Big Boss

Unstable
I doubt there is any connection between nero and vergil, besides If you haven't noticed, DMC4 IS LAZY. They just went back through the stages so they wouldn't have to come up with any others, and they most likely only made him say jackpot because they couldn't think of any more cheesy lines for nero (example: SLAM DUNK!!!!!):lol:

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
kyoto;165610 said:
they most likely only made him say jackpot because they couldn't think of any more cheesy lines for nero (example: SLAM DUNK!!!!!):lol:
Bingo!

You just hit it head-on.

Sparda™

BringerOfChaos888;165599 said:
If I was starting something by stating that, you were starting something when you said he isn't.

How about we drop this now.

I started nothing. I stated that opening a topic about that would result in useless spam, such as we are doing now.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
He could be Virgil.

There is no information stating otherwise.

Maby Virgil broke free of Mundas's corruption after being defeated leaving the shell of Nelo Angelo behind which eventually became Nero?

You can't debunk my theory untill DMC5 comes out.

Top Bottom