• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero: Like him or not?

Qairthra

I Punt Demons.
No clue if it's been threaded already or not.
I wanna know opinions;do you welcome him into the new Main Character slot,or do you not?

Me personally,I'm neutral.
Surely I'm going to miss Dante being main character,however it will gain a new gaming experience.

Your opinion?

Joyce_Nero

As you can see, I like Nero! ^^
For sure I also like Dante and I think the same like you that it will be a little bit different to play with him but all I saw yet (and what I played yet) they are really close together from gameplay few so...there won't be much accept the fact that he has a different story that needs to be told. ^^

(sorry...my english is a mess today...I hope you know what I mean XD)

Raziel

Devil bringer
I prefer Dante cause his the original hero and i have grown attached to him for the past 3 games and this is his last game im gonna miss him:(

Zato-OW

King
This isnt his last game, they said this may be the first and last game for Nero but it depends on the fans and capcom, besides this game is named after dantes shop i doubt hes going anywhere also hes the son of sparda...

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
It will be nice to have some variety in DMC, so I cant wait to play with Nero^^. Even though ill be a little sad that I wont get to play with Dante right at the beginning:(, but thats okay. Oh yeah, Nero is awesome! Cant wait to see what he dishes out in the game.

Qairthra

I Punt Demons.
Joyce_Nero;59226 said:
(sorry...my english is a mess today...I hope you know what I mean XD)

haha i got it xD

i do prefer dante over nero,but i dont have anything against nero at all..
KingSwole says it exactly. :lol:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For a newbie he's pretty good. The only thing I don't like about him is that he thinks he can match Dante and that gamers who haven't played DMC before DMC4 blindly say that he is definitely better than Dante. The same thing happened with Vergil when DMC3 came out, but Vergil is well...Vergil so I did not care so much.
But other than that I like him a lot. He's like a fusion of DMC3 Dante&Vergil personalities which makes him pretty cool for someone so young^_^

Dark3stH3art

Holy Knight
love him
he's young and has a lot of spunk
i love how he wields red queen
also love how he throws enemies with his devil bringer arm
also love the voice of nero played by the same guy that did vash from trigun and ichigo from bleach
;]]]]

MR.DEVIL;59242 said:
I like Nero as Dante.

oh to correct your picture
it's the "devil bringer arm"
cause as you can see from screen shots his whole right arm is demonic not just his hand ;]

but i'm going to have to say vergil > all
he has so much honor and wields swords flawlessly
he's confident and well executes his techniques
he's very clean cut and his costumes are sick as hell
not to mention the spiky hair adds to his badass self overall

Phage

Heartbreaker
character wise I think he is more than apt to take the main character slot, the main character has always been a brash and somewhat arrogant young man. Dante in his 40s as the lead character wouldnt convey the same attitude held by all the previous titles.

gameplay wise, I have my reservations as to how Nero will play in comparison to Dante in DMC1/2/3 ... his Devil Bringer looks like it will have a bit of a learning curve to use effectively and his one-handed swordfighting and gunslinging seem inferior to Dante's two-handed equivalent.

Chrysander

If they had shared the swords out between Nero and Dante I'd understand it more. As it is, the first half of the missions can only be completed with 1 sword, which reduces replay value. If Nero had 5 swords, then there would be more variety for those missions. Instead, all of the variety is going into Dante's missions. That's what I don't get.

Phage

Heartbreaker
I dont really get it either. even though Nero is supposed to receive upgrades and new attacks/abilities for his Devil Bringer as he progresses it isnt anywhere near as variable as Dante's weapon[Rebellion/Gilgamesh/Lucifer/Pandora] & Gun choices combined with the real time style changes.

Nero just seems to a systematic progression of upgrades while Dante has an interchangable system where you cater for the situation, way more replay than Nero.

beanbagofdoom

beanbagofdoom
hmmm i think nero is a great character with fighting and personality, kinda like a more serious young dante :), more human :D

Qairthra

I Punt Demons.
Phage;59364 said:
Dante in his 40s as the lead character wouldnt convey the same attitude held by all the previous titles.

You know I always thought of him in his early 30s in the fourth one,and late 20s in the previous ones.:lol:

Phage;59383 said:
I dont really get it either. even though Nero is supposed to receive upgrades and new attacks/abilities for his Devil Bringer as he progresses it isnt anywhere near as variable as Dante's weapon[Rebellion/Gilgamesh/Lucifer/Pandora] & Gun choices combined with the real time style changes.

I agree.I've always loved the variety Dante's weapons.Lots to choose from and many that are fantastic.

Chrysander

Zato-OW;59393 said:
Dante viewed at being late 20s in DMC4(says producer) but they are really messing the time-line up

I heard somebody say that Lady is meant to be 10 years older (than in DMC3). If that's true, then DMC4 must be 10 years after DMC3. That means DMC1 is under 10 years after DMC3. But maybe the events of DMC4 are quite close to DMC1, maybe only 1 year between them? So that could mean Dante would be 28 in DMC1, and 29 in DMC4 - if the was 19 in DMC3. That's not so bad?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I think DMC1 had taken a few years after the events in DMC3. I don't think Dante was that old in the first on. Still. He's not bad looking for a 28(or 29) year old. (Most majority of men that age scare me. xD)

As for Nero, I actually like him. I believe I'm going to have an enjoyable time with this new character. I always enjoy new characters that are added on to a series... sometimes.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Hmm, Nero is ooookay. But taking Dante's spotlight is just wrong man! Oh, and VI, everyone enjoys playing with characters that have silver hair!

Top Bottom