• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Angelo

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
The tweeter was referencing the zweihander that Nelo Angelo uses.

Though, I'm not sure that makes much sense. He was asking alongside the context of Dante's sword Force Edge and Sparda's sword Yamato, and Nelo Angelo's real name is obviously Vergil.
to be honest, a lot of things said in his twitter don't make sense so...

Veloran

So, DMC got a important element of the saga dead at the very first game; for getting Vergil again in game they needed to make a prequel; now they invented Nero to replace Dante because Dante is now too old and they forced Nero down our throats making him Vergil's child, in a way they are unwilling to explain, but Nero lacks twin's charisma.
Definitively DMC story is garbage at this moment, it's a total mess!
Ok, mates, so this meaning to have Vergil we have two options: or they go with a DmC sequel ( where Vergil didn't die or he was resurrected or they make a total rewrite of the story.
No more prequels, since it keeps the story from progressing.
They wrote out Vergil in DMC1 (Granted, somewhat ambiguously) because it was a new IP and there could never be any guarantee of a sequel.

It's the same thing with Bayonetta 1, they basically wrapped up all the main plot threads and had her kill god at the end of the game. And just like how Devil May Cry could do with Vergil, the next installment was made by adding in a ton of new elements to the universe that weren't referenced before, and just straight-up inventing another god to kill out of the blue.

Back to DMC, let's just assume that Vergil really did die after the third Nelo Angelo fight, or even before when he faced Mundus.

What does that actually mean? There is almost no context for what results from death in the DMC universe, other than powerful Demons turning into weapons - Which Vergil did not. Even then, we don't know what could come of that in time.

The cosmology is like a blank slate. There are no rules for Humans and barely any for Demons, much less someone like Vergil. There are a million and one easy ways they could write him back to life.

Gel

Premium
@Veloran , not only that! This is a series about paranormal/supernatural, where there are beings who are almost omnipotent!
Story's creators are gods in their job, they decide over life and death.Even now Harry Potter was dead, but today is alive and well; Bayo's Jeanne was brought from death, Trish too.This is not uncommon!
After Vergil is cult character with his past in a blank state and pure gold for Capcom's wallet.DMC4Se was the proof of that.
Kamiya was willing of doing a game about him, why not Capcom?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Thinking about it, we already got clones in DMC, so yeah, even if Vergil was a spirit like being after the death of Nelo Angelo. I think cloning Dante to create a new body for him wouldn't be a big stretch.

Just kidding, that would be ridiulous wouldn't it?

Id rather split him into two parts, one more human and the other more demonic, made up of scrap parts from the Orders knights (reforming Nelo to an extend). Something like that.
I'd also be ok with him being dead to be honest. They would need to make one hell of a backstory and plot twist to make Vergil as a character more sympathetic to me. Else he would become a reverse Kratos of a kind.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Thinking about it, we already got clones in DMC, so yeah, even if Vergil was a spirit like being after the death of Nelo Angelo.
Clones you say? :sneaky:

Someone needs to make a DMC avi out of this with Nero as the clone baby.

-----------------

Vergil: HE HAS TO GROW UP AND SAVE THE WORLD. YOU'RE THE REAL ME.

Dante: THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU. I'M NOT ME, I'M YOU.

Doppelganger: I'M YOUR CLONE TOO.

HYAGH HYAGH HYAGH

80f4b03f49e70b615e9af080b5373021.jpg

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Clones you say? :sneaky:

-----------------

Vergil: HE HAS TO GROW UP AND SAVE THE WORLD. YOU'RE THE REAL ME.

Dante: THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO TELL YOU. I'M NOT ME, I'M YOU.

Doppelganger: I'M YOUR CLONE TOO.

HYAGH HYAGH HYAGH

I'm having the biggest laugh of the week right now, thanks man, needed that after all the stuff that happened...

Back on topic:
I think they could bring Vergil back easily, if it's a good thing or not depends on how they pull it off.
I also think while the whole timeline is quite a mess, it's not beyond salvation (not totally at least).

Gel

Premium
Sorry for being a necromancer here, but please check the following thread and you will see the text says Vergil was turned into a Mundus puppet, but never mentions he was killed:
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/verg...-official-book-called-trinity-of-fates.15799/

@Morgan ,
just to answer you, this is how I interpret the DMC2 novel:
When Dante meets the rebels, he is warmly received, they are not surprised or hostile to him, calling him "Sparda's second son", so I conclude Dante was NEVER dead there too, he was NEVER evil nor he ever fought at Mundus side, rebels acted as he was familiar to them and he was their second in command. Sparda was betrayed by humans, but Eva and her twins were always together in the alternative universe( protected by rebel demons), but even there Eva was known for her convictions , affection and dignity.Once again she had no super powers, her amulet had no super powers.
So I can assume too, as you did with me, you didn't read the novel just because you don't agree with me.
The stupidest thing is that we are discussing something which is no part of the actual canon about facts that were never said or assumed EVER in the franchise itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom