• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Angelo

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know. Yet his soul was still there inside that armor. So, once again, nothing stops them from coming up with the "soul back to Hell and reattached to his original body" thing.
Ugh, you are really reaching with this whole theory and trying way too hard to prove something that isn't true. We already know what happens to Vergil. There is no mystery or speculation here. Mundus killed Vergil and turned him in to his bitch. End of story.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There is no mystery or speculation here. Mundus killed Vergil and turned him in to his bitch. End of story.

Course there is. Nelo's fate in DMC1 is indeed open to interpretation, guessing and speculation.

Besides, you can't turn a dead man into anything. If it's dead, it's dead, right?

And I'm not trying to prove anything. In fact, nobody can prove either theory about Vergil's fate. In fact I'm not stating "He is alive". What I'm doing is merely imagining a way they could bring him back in the continuity. Looks to me you are trying to prove something that might turn out to be untrue in the future, depending on what Capcom is gonna do with the character.

Nothing stops them from coming up with another way, I'm just expressing mine. Was Vergil's soul in Nelo's armor? Yes. What happened to it after Dante beat him we don't know, that's a blurry area so my theory is indeed appliable. As is the one that has it dead for good. They're both viable.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Course there is. Nelo's fate in DMC1 is indeed open to interpretation, guessing and speculation.

Besides, you can't turn a dead man into anything. If it's dead, it's dead, right?

And I'm not trying to prove anything. In fact, nobody can prove either theory about Vergil's fate. In fact I'm not stating "He is alive". What I'm doing is merely imagining a way they could bring him back in the continuity. Looks to me you are trying to prove something that might turn out to be untrue in the future, depending on what Capcom is gonna do with the character.

Nothing stops them from coming up with another way, I'm just expressing mine.
Who says Mundus couldn't do anything with a dead person? He was able create Trish using Eva.

And I can freaking prove it! I'm using what the games are telling and showing me as proof. You're acting like that doesn't even freaking matter. You've just got this elaborate idea because you want to bring back the character you fanboy over all day.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Actually... Foxtrot, ToCool, myself and even others have given pretty good reasons or points that could suggest otherwise.

Nobody is "pushing" anything. We're making points, they're valid. That's the idea of a conversation.

Now I respect if you think or feel differently, but please don't make false accusations.

When something is debatable, it'll be debated (in a civil manner) That's what we're all doing here. I'm not forcing anyone to go along with my theories here. But, this is DMC - A lot of it is open to interpretation - considering Capcom providing the fanbase with solid answers for Devil May Cry has never been their strong suit.

Though the real moral of the story is that if you don't agree with something or someone, you haven't got to come across in a way that seems like you're trying to create a problem that doesn't actually exist. Picking fights with people - the usual people, as I'm aware you two haven't seen eye to eye before - won't be tolerated here. Quite frankly, you know the ground is hot before you decide to step on it. That means I'm sure you're aware of not only how your past responses have gone down , but how you should probably respond to things now. And if I haven't been clear enough, it isn't in this manner. We have been pretty lenient with you, but don't take liberties and expect us to cut you some slack. I know what you go through in life, it's obviously not nice. But it doesn't give you more rights to push for these unnecessary arguments and provoke people. So kindly cut it out.

I'm sorry for my rant. A few things needed to be said, and I was speaking for a majority and not just myself here. You're a fan of Devil May Cry too, Chancey. Nobody is saying otherwise. But you have to respect our rules, the members of our community and really try to put a stop to things like this. It's never nice to lose members in the long run and I'm sure it wasn't nice when you were temp-banned. So please reflect on your attitude and really think, is this the way I wish to continue?

Please consider my points and understand where quite a few people are coming from here. Thankyou!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Who says Mundus couldn't do anything with a dead person?

No one. But then it'd change nothing cause Mundus would have restored his soul for his purposes.

And I can freaking prove it! I'm using what the games are telling and showing me as proof.

Too bad that what the games show and tell about the matter is as vague as it gets. Hardly a solid proof.

You've just got this elaborate idea because you want to bring back the character you fanboy over all day.

An elaborate idea that's still viable just like yours.

Oooooh I can see the problem now. I could say that you instead stubbornly deny anything contradicting you just because you don't want a character that you spew hate over all day back.

Now, what you wanna do? Shall we continue twisting our arguments in each other's face or just leave the matter at that?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: I just kindly asked Chancey to not "push" for an argument here. Perhaps the wisest thing to of done would've been to end your discussion with him with no further provoking points. Since...well, let's say it's better to sometimes leave things as they are and agree to disagree.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, since both Kamiya and the director of Vergil's Downfall have decided to make this Vergil's official name, I've decided that this should be the thread's title as well.

Someone on this forum has already posted one of Kamiya's tweets where he said that it was always meant to be Nero Angelo -- unfortunately, I couldn't find it.

While this thread discusses both versions, it really isn't my intention to have this spiral out of control and mutate into a versus argument.

So, let's just leave that out of the equation. Talking about them both is fine, but saying that one is "better" than the other isn't really the best way to go about this, in my opinion.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Vergil can be dead and rotten but...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whoa wait a sec. You saying DmC's got a Nero Angelo too? In Vergil's Downfall? Didn't know that. It's the form Vergil acquires at the end of the DLC right?

V3-noscale.jpg

That one?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil can be dead and rotten but...

LOL... oh, Kamiya.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If I remember correctly the armors Agnus animated contain fragments of Vergil's soul, fragments that resulted from beating Nelo, which was Vergil, I don't know where the idea that that wasn't his real body came from.

I know alot of people here are convinced Vergil is alive and all that stuff about how it wasn't an explosion but I don't buy it. It seems obvious to me that he died that day and all the wishful thinking in the world won't change that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So, two Nero/Nelo Angelos, huh?...

A DMC and a DmC one. Well, time to make a huge list of comparisons and...

I'm kidding. Would I? :shifty:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If I remember correctly the armors Agnus animated contain fragments of Vergil's soul

They contain souls of demons, knights of the Order and commoners. The Order sucks them out of their bodies and puts them into the armors.

It seems obvious to me that he died that day and all the wishful thinking in the world won't change that.

And to me seems all but obvious. Pretty vague actually. All but certain. Eh... what're you gonna do.

Rather than wishful thinking (although there's that too) it's more of keeping an open mind on all the viable possibilities.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I heard that in the DMC2 novel Nero Angelo was in another dimension and rebelling against mundus -- maybe he was sent there after he died in this one?

That dimension would work as a sort of an afterlife for demons... maybe.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
One of the tweets which confirms Nero Angelo as the correct name

I'm still of the preference to refer to him as Nelo Angelo. That's just me...

Besides, could they have made it any easier to see that Nero is probably Vergil's son? All you have to do is remove 'Angelo' and you're just left with the name Nero.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
This is a suspected tweet from Kamiya.It is true he is no more DMC "master", but...

Top Bottom