• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Angelo

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I'm still of the preference to refer to him as Nelo Angelo. That's just me...

Besides, could they have made it any easier to see that Nero is probably Vergil's son? All you have to do is remove 'Angelo' and you're just left with the name Nero.
This and the black blanket baby Nero had with him, which made me suspicious it was Vergil who let the baby in the orphanage.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Huh, how about that. Is he called Nero Angelo anywhere in the DLC? I don't remember that.
Well, no. He's called "????"

However, since the director of the DLC itself said that he had wanted to give him the NA name officially, I think I can safely take his word for it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Probably.

Edit: Which sword was he talking about? The giant NA zweihander sword or the Yamato tachi? I'm sure they're one and the same, but I'm just making sure.

- "For within the demon's body rests the soul of Vergil".

Now that is interesting in itself, because why didn't they simply say something like "At the root of Nelo Angelo's chivalry lies his origins; for within lies the body of Dante's vanquished brother, Vergil.

You know, it kind of makes it seem even more debatable. Because Mundus can create life and use them as his puppets. There's no real saying that Nelo was even Vergil to begin with, since it only implies the demon had Vergil's soul and not at all that it was actually Vergil. Kind of like a doppelganger if you will.

And again, "vanquished" means defeated in battle. So, the same thing applies here that the word defeated doesn't necessarily imply dead.

Because it doesn't make sense to have a body to be put to rest in that armor without a soul to energize it... so they just said it was his "soul" to make it less complicated.

It's like when Raziel devours the souls of his enemies to gain their skill -- their souls are sent into the Wheel of Fate, but their abilities remain with Raziel himself.

-------

So, Vergil's soul was probably sent away regardless of whether or not he actually "died" in DMC1.

The Angelo armors (and Credo) absorbed Vergil's skill and residual soul energy... but not the actual soul itself.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Eh. You hit the spot.

But out of curiosity... do you stalk Kamiya, by any chance? Like, you save the links of every tweet regarding DMC? LOL
No, I search his twilog, silly!:laugh:
Edit: Which sword was he talking about? The giant NA sword or the Yamato? I'm sure they're one and the same, but I'm just making sure.
Basically!Anyway it seems he had more plans for Nero Angelo's future.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
wp_ss_20150922_0002_zpsnwsk5mvx.png

Now that is interesting in itself, because why didn't they simply say something like "At the root of Nelo Angelo's chivalry lies his origins; for within lies the body of Dante's vanquished brother, Vergil.

You know, it kind of makes it seem even more debatable. Because Mundus can create life and use them as his puppets. There's no real saying that Nelo was even Vergil to begin with, since it only implies the demon had Vergil's soul and not at all that it was actually Vergil. Kind of like a doppelganger if you will.

And again, "vanquished" means defeated in battle. So, the same thing applies here that the word defeated doesn't necessarily imply dead.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
wp_ss_20150922_0002_zpsnwsk5mvx.png

Nice call, but shouldn't this and all the discussion about the matter go to the Nero Angelo thread now?

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
The transformed soul part makes me think Mundus killed Vergil and transformed his body and soul into Nero Angelo or killed him and created a better body to his(Mundus) liking. I mean where is he going to find a humanoid body with white hair?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The transformed soul part makes me think Mundus killed Vergil and transformed his body and soul into Nero Angelo or killed him and created a better body to his(Mundus) liking. I mean where is he going to find a humanoid body with white hair?

Actually, that "transformed soul" part might just merely refer to the fact that it was under the control of Mundus, who filled him with even more darkness, to the point that even the memory of his past and family hurts him.

We don't know what exactly happened between Vergil and Mundus between DMC3 and 1, that's why I like @absolitude's idea of making a spinoff about it.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
[ NOTE ]

Although most posts are in the correct order and quotes are placed inside of them to make it easier to understand what is being said, there are some posts that don't seem to fit or follow any specific order. I'd just like to apologise and say that this was a mistake on my end which occurred when I moved a load of posts from another thread into here. So, just letting you guys know incase anyone was confused.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe Vergil's soul was broken into two pieces after his defeat in DMC1.

Vergil's skills were in Nero's arm, and his memories in Yamato. I say this because Yamato was broken in two, alluding to the fact that since Vergil's power and Nero's soul were one and the same, they both fused back together once Nero had the Yamato back.

Nero was struck down by one of the demons, so Vergil's skills awakened in Nero's arm after that part of his soul saw that Nero needed help.

When Nero needed help again (during the fight with Angus), it was the arm that repaired Yamato so that it could give him an additional boost of power.

So, this all being a part of Vergil's plan (siring a son in order to have his own "horcrux" in case he died) would make sense because Vergil (almost) never does anything without a good reason (in his mind, anyway) to do so.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Here. This might show what I'm trying to say in a clearer manner.

I may have posted this already, but I think I should leave this here anyway for the sake of convenience.

Nero with his arm awakened is basically Vergil unwittingly lending his skill while in an undead, zombie-like Nero Angelo state of mind -- once Nero had Yamato in his hand, Vergil soul had fully emerged from Nero's body (after being released from the newly-repaired sword itself) and was ready to head back into battle in a reactionary rage-state due to being imprisoned within the dimension of the sword itself (which was a key to hell, so it makes sense) for so long.

Last edited:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Nero's arm shares similar markings and glow to Nelo Angelo's sword...
sword%20small%203.png

Kamiya saying-
Nero%20Angelo%20sword%203.png

So then...
Nero%20Angelo%20sword%204.png

Nero's name. NERO IS A DEVIL ARM.
Just like how cerberus from a dog to a weapon
maxresdefault.jpg

Nero went from a weapon to a man! :eek:
Nero%20Angelo%20sword%205.png

fyi this is a joke theory not to be taken seriously, but wow i didnt realize how possible this could have been. Im surprised it fits as well as it does.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dum dum duuuuuuuuuuuuum!

So, the plot thickens.

But, joke theory aside. Some pretty good points were made. I'd so love to go with the idea that Nero is transforming into Vergil (Vergil reborn, Vergil 2.0, Vero) who enjoyed that last one the most? Vero. Got a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

Anyway, I'd love to go with that if I wasn't so convinced that it was only Nelo Angelo being destroyed and not Vergil. That and it wouldn't make any sense to suggest Nero was Vergil reincarnated, because of the timeline and Nero is meant to be his son. But to me, there's definitely a connection between Nero and Vergil. Some might want to say he isn't Vergil's son, but something happened to Nelo Angelo and it involved Vergil's soul. The Order recovered Yamato and fragments of Nelo Angelo. They themselves dabbled in all things "demonic". They created the Bianco Angelos. And, probably going to the limits to say here that they were aware of Vergil's involvement in Fortuna...I think they might've known that Nero was Vergil's son, but they themselves tainted him for some unknown purpose with the dark soul of his own father.

berto

I Saw the Devil
ok. so here is a concrete statement that vergil is dead.

during development of dmc3, before they decided on making it a prequel the writter was considering making the story take place in an alternate dimension since "vergil been alive clashed with the events of dmc1." this is from the official art book and it comes from that bingo guy who wrote the scenario for the game. he also mentioned taking to kamiya about it since it would clash with the events of dmc1 and kamiya responded with basically saying that as long as they don't say it out loud but make it obvious that it's an alternate dimension they could pull it off. then they went with prequel.

Top Bottom