• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Angelo

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
ok. so here is a concrete statement that vergil is dead.

during development of dmc3, before they decided on making it a prequel the writter was considering making the story take place in an alternate dimension since "vergil been alive clashed with the events of dmc1." this is from the official art book and it comes from that bingo guy who wrote the scenario for the game. he also mentioned taking to kamiya about it since it would clash with the events of dmc1 and kamiya responded with basically saying that as long as they don't say it out loud but make it obvious that it's an alternate dimension they could pull it off. then they went with prequel.
So, DMC got a important element of the saga dead at the very first game; for getting Vergil again in game they needed to make a prequel; now they invented Nero to replace Dante because Dante is now too old and they forced Nero down our throats making him Vergil's child, in a way they are unwilling to explain, but Nero lacks twin's charisma.
Definitively DMC story is garbage at this moment, it's a total mess!
Ok, mates, so this meaning to have Vergil we have two options: or they go with a DmC sequel ( where Vergil didn't die or he was resurrected or they make a total rewrite of the story.
No more prequels, since it keeps the story from progressing.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
ok. so here is a concrete statement that vergil is dead.

during development of dmc3, before they decided on making it a prequel the writter was considering making the story take place in an alternate dimension since "vergil been alive clashed with the events of dmc1." this is from the official art book and it comes from that bingo guy who wrote the scenario for the game. he also mentioned taking to kamiya about it since it would clash with the events of dmc1 and kamiya responded with basically saying that as long as they don't say it out loud but make it obvious that it's an alternate dimension they could pull it off. then they went with prequel.

That alt dimension was instead used for the DMC2 Novel.

Gel

Premium
Yeah, I would also like a rewrite/remake of DMC1's story as well. It's less confusing that way.
That's why a lot of people believe if Kamiya were to touch DMC, he would reboot everything again, DMC1 included.
Capcom hates money: they threw away a Ace of Spades and gave us a two eyed jack!I like Nero, but he does not compares with the other two.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Bingo ain't in Capcom anymore so they can potentially take that statement and throw it into the garbage bin. Cause that statement is the only concrete indication of Vergil's death, the games are vague and nebulous about it so if they make him come back, wouldn't really clash with anything story wise.

And LOL, you can bet your ass they will, sooner or later. Vergil = money.

Gel

Premium
Bingo ain't in Capcom anymore so they can potentially take that statement and throw it into the garbage bin. Cause that statement is the only concrete indication of Vergil's death, the games are vague and nebulous about it so if they make him come back, wouldn't really clash with anything story wise.

Do you remember what Kamiya did when he found out Balder was a fan favorite? He brought Balder again, even after his own daughter apparently finished him off in Bayo1. In the Bayo 2 's start, you can see older Balder alive and well, just a bit dizzy.
Funny, in a series which supernatural is the main theme and where Trish was brought to life after being dead and gone, they cannot bring Vergil because he is...dead...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking about calling Nero angelo's sword "ultraviolet" but having his spirit stuck in either Yamato or the other one would have been a cool way to keep him around while showing a new side to him because we'd get to see a Vergil that is bound to someone else rather than having individual agency.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you remember what Kamiya did when he found out Balder was a fan favorite? He brought Balder again, even after his own daughter apparently finished him off in Bayo1.

Yeah as I said, there's always a way to bring a fan favorite back.

Funny, in a series which supernatural is the main theme and where Trish was brought to life after being dead and gone, they cannot bring Vergil because he is...dead...

Oh they can. If Trish could come back, and even Dante, Vergil can too. However I'm doubtful they will, story wise, cause keeping him gone in the timeline is more of an incentive for players to play as him when they implement him playable in a Special Edition or something.

Vergil right now is in a cryostasis chamber, not in a grave.

latest

Cause in the magical world of Capcom, characters don't serve the story, rather the wallet.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Do you remember what Kamiya did when he found out Balder was a fan favorite? He brought Balder again, even after his own daughter apparently finished him off in Bayo1. In the Bayo 2 's start, you can see older Balder alive and well, just a bit dizzy.

You mean alive and immediately about to die right?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Nelo_Angelo

He challenges Dante one last time, and though he has been granted with new powers, Dante defeats him and he screams in pain as he disappears in a torrent of blue flames, leaving his half of the amulet. By looking at the amulet, Dante has a flashback and realises Nelo Angelo is Vergil.

Now that sits with exactly what I said earlier (and you @Foxtrot94) that he disappeared/teleported.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Nelo_Angelo

He challenges Dante one last time, and though he has been granted with new powers, Dante defeats him and he screams in pain as he disappears in a torrent of blue flames, leaving his half of the amulet. By looking at the amulet, Dante has a flashback and realises Nelo Angelo is Vergil.

Ehm... yah. We know the story. XD

You don't consider us a bunch of seniles, right? LOL although I am something like, 550 years old...

berto

I Saw the Devil

You're kidding me.

Yeah, it's made by a former Capcom employee but that statement was in reference to a period of time where he worked for Capcom, it makes no difference what his current employment is. It was for work on DMC3, it's not like they fired him for claiming Vergil was dead, he left to write novel. You really, really, want it to be vague but I'm sorry, it's not. The games are not been vague, you just have a theory and are interpreting the evidence the way you want it to be seen to support the theory. You just dismissed someone saying, flat out, that the guy died in DMC1, and he even makes it clear that the director of DMC1 made it clear he was dead.

Edit:
The official tag for the Nelo Angelo CG illustration describes NA as:
A mysterious demonic knight cloaked in jet black armor who uses stylish sword attacks that are very similar to Dante's. Nelo's actually Dante's brother, Vergil. He once challenged Mundus but lost and was repurposed as Mundus' underling. As his brutal battles with Dante unfold, Vergil's lost memories begin to resurface, causing him great anguish.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The games are not been vague, you just have a theory and are interpreting the evidence the way you want it to be seen to support the theory. You just dismissed someone saying, flat out, that the guy died in DMC1, and he even makes it clear that the director of DMC1 made it clear he was dead.

Course they're vague. Looks to me that you want them not to be vague. The games don't say anywhere clearly and flat out that he's dead. That statement you found does, and that's something.

And as for it, I'm not dismissing it. I acknowledge it. However other characters have come back from the dead in the franchise, so as @Veloran said, it changes little. They can still bring him back. Just because you don't like the idea doesn't mean it's impossible.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ehm... yah. We know the story. XD

You don't consider us a bunch of seniles, right? LOL although I am something like, 550 years old...

You are aware that I edited my post, right? I wasn't done.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Missed the edit. See what I mean when I complain about it? :/

System's got to be changed if the software allows it, man.

Well I edited it pretty quickly. Aside from that, we've raised this point before and as far as I can see it isn't something that is within the software. I guess, otherwise it would've been changed by now I can imagine. I certainly don't have the tools or capability to change it myself. I know how annoying it can be, Fox.

Veloran

Edit: Which sword was he talking about? The giant NA zweihander sword or the Yamato tachi? I'm sure they're one and the same, but I'm just making sure.
The tweeter was referencing the zweihander that Nelo Angelo uses.

Though, I'm not sure that makes much sense. He was asking alongside the context of Dante's sword Force Edge and Sparda's sword Yamato, and Nelo Angelo's real name is obviously Vergil.

Top Bottom