• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The specific play out events of the first novel are now out of continuity, which is different from Non-CANON. One has to logically reshuffle things for the exact events written there to still work, which is actually a project of mine, but as it stands, one has to assume that yamato was in fact transporting away with its master.

to really put it in to perspective, Japanese writing doesn't usually worry about that kind of continuity, especially in games. When you have different writers and project directors on something like DMC, you're going to get a new retcon every release.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I can remember it said that 'the sword crumbled to dust without it's master' (Dante was holding it).

Can we really regard these books (more the DMC4 Novel now) as in continuation with the series by the time DMC5 comes along?

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;194322 said:
I can remember it said that 'the sword crumbled to dust without it's master' (Dante was holding it).

Can we really regard these books (more the DMC4 Novel now) as in continuation with the series by the time DMC5 comes along?

Hard to judge so soon. I'll just wait to see what DMC5 will be about and If the DMC4 Novel aka Blasphemy Fanfic will be actually canon.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;194334 said:
BLASHEMY NOVEL EH?
Never thought of it like that. I suppose it is.

It makes characters look like some random people, with random thoughts. Dante doesn't care who Nero is but he still hands him the Yamato. Yeah, right.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194336 said:
It makes characters look like some random people, with random thoughts. Dante doesn't care who Nero is but he still hands him the Yamato. Yeah, right.

Actually he does that in the game too by actions. He doesn't care as long as he knew Nero was family and had good intentions which Nero proved in DMC4. That's why he didn't care about Nero's identity.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194339 said:
Actually he does that in the game too by actions. He doesn't care as long as he knew Nero was family and had good intentions which Nero proved in DMC4. That's why he didn't care about Nero's identity.

And that really makes sense, eh? Going in a fight to retrieve his brother's sword and leaving It to a stranger who appears to carry the same blood of his father.

They have seriously desecrated Vergil's figure with this novel.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194341 said:
And that really makes sense, eh? Going in a fight to retrieve his brother's sword and leaving It to a stranger who appears to carry the same blood of his father.

They have seriously desecrated Vergil's figure with this novel.

How did they screw up Vergil's figure? Nothing was ever stated as a fact with Vergil EXCEPT him talking to Sanctus about Sparda. Nero is the one who told Dante he needed the sword and when Nero was giving it back Dante let Nero have it. What did Dante say? "its gotta stay in the family" Dante knew he was related to Nero by blood but not certain how.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194344 said:
How did they screw up Vergil's figure? Nothing was ever stated as a fact with Vergil EXCEPT him talking to Sanctus about Sparda. Nero is the one who told Dante he needed the sword and when Nero was giving it back Dante let Nero have it. What did Dante say? "its gotta stay in the family" Dante knew he was related to Nero by blood but not certain how.

In the final cut-scene, Dante was leaving and then Nero reminded him of the Yamato, being surprised as Dante said him to keep It as It meant a lot for the devil hunter.

What Capcom did here, I think, is that by giving Nero the Yamato, they made an analogy with Sparda sealing the True Hell Gate with that exact sword, as Credo states in-game.

This screws up Nero's originality in the series, having Yamato - a sword reminiscent of Vergil's personality. Personally, Dante should have kept Yamato, and have Nero further involved in retrieving a new Devil Arm which would resemble his personality.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;194347 said:
In the final cut-scene, Dante was leaving and then Nero reminded him of the Yamato, being surprised as Dante said him to keep It as It meant a lot for the devil hunter.

What Capcom did here, I think, is that by giving Nero the Yamato, they made an analogy with Sparda sealing the True Hell Gate with that exact sword, as Credo states in-game.

This screws up Nero's originality in the series, having Yamato - a sword reminiscent of Vergil's personality. Personally, Dante should have kept Yamato, and have Nero further involved in retrieving a new Devil Arm which would resemble his personality.
In my opinion, I don't think Dante was wrong in giving him the Yamato. Now if he gave Nero Vergil's half of the amulet then it would be a slap in the face to Vergil. But that's just me.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;194350 said:
In my opinion, I don't think Dante was wrong in giving him the Yamato. Now if he gave Nero Vergil's half of the amulet then it would be a slap in the face to Vergil. But that's just me.

Well, that would be right outrageous, but still I think Nero will be just a carbon copy of Vergil with Yamato in possession.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;194341 said:

That was actually the only thing I liked about Dante in 4 (apart from his mute BA entrance). That Dante was a good and open minded enough person to let go of what he was in persuit of. That (unlike Vergil) he was not so caught up in his fathers legacy that he was able to leave Yamato in the hands of a stranger who had earned his trust and respect. Isn't that why Trish now owns Sparda?

I think that just knowing that Yamato was not in the hands of some madman was enough to satisfy him.

Then again if you watch the office scene he appears to be just going to Fortuna because he is bored :dry:

Zato-OW

King
darth_angelo45;194368 said:
That was actually the only thing I liked about Dante in 4 (apart from his mute BA entrance). That Dante was a good and open minded enough person to let go of what he was in persuit of. That (unlike Vergil) he was not so caught up in his fathers legacy that he was able to leave Yamato in the hands of a stranger who had earned his trust and respect. Isn't that why Trish now owns Sparda?

I think that just knowing that Yamato was not in the hands of some madman was enough to satisfy him.

Then again if you watch the office scene he appears to be just going to Fortuna because he is bored :dry:

I think he went to Fortuna for many reasons. Some quick cash, he was bored, he was looking for Yamato. Could be more.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Trish doesn't own the Sword Sparda, at least not from how Dante acted in DMC4 about it. It seems more it's more on extended loan to her at times. After all, she didn't have it in the anime, and Dante is typically sentimental about family belongings, like the amulets, his own sword, his brother's sword, and such. Nero is part of the family, though distant, and showed he was a lot in the same spirit as Sparda, hence why Dante had no issues with trusting Yamato to him, after the kid was willing to give it back no less.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
(related to the Trish & sparda sword thingy.)
In Dmc when Trish was 'killed' by Mundus (the whole i could've been the one to fill your soul with light thing) Dante put the Sparda sword by her and the amulets too and said.

Dante: "This was my mother's. Now I'm giving it to you." (amulets)
[Dante reaches out for his Sparda sword. He takes it and slams it into the
ground]
"My father's also here now. Rest... in Peace." (sword)

So really, he gave someone that tried to kill him his and Vergil's amulets.
Did he leave the stuff with Trish because she looked like his mother?
Also, why does she have Luce and Ombre? (Sparda's guns)

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;194393 said:
(related to the Trish & sparda sword thingy.)
In Dmc when Trish was 'killed' by Mundus (the whole i could've been the one to fill your soul with light thing) Dante put the Sparda sword by her and the amulets too and said.

Dante: "This was my mother's. Now I'm giving it to you." (amulets)
[Dante reaches out for his Sparda sword. He takes it and slams it into the
ground]
"My father's also here now. Rest... in Peace." (sword)

So really, he gave someone that tried to kill him his and Vergil's amulets.
Did he leave the stuff with Trish because she looked like his mother?
Also, why does she have Luce and Ombre? (Sparda's guns)

Dante, knowing Trish was working for Mundus, still saved her. He said something about Trish having his mother's face but not having her fire, and that caused a change in Trish's heart, which saved in return Dante from Mundus' laser beam.

It's more than logical that he left the Sparda to her together with the amulets.

Luce & Ombra were Sparda's guns, but seemingly, Dante has loaned her the Sparda and his father's guns to her, not like they are Trish's.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
She probably doesn't even know Dante said that..you know being unconscious and all. But she was wielding it during the end credits nd she did take it upon herself to take it to Fortuna like it was her property.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;194405 said:
She probably doesn't even know Dante said that..you know being unconscious and all. But she was wielding it during the end credits nd she did take it upon herself to take it to Fortuna like it was her property.

Yeah, I totally agree...

But the fact that Dante went to Fortuna, was more for his belongings. Trish knew she would get Dante's attention by bringing the Sparda to the spotlight - as Lady stated.

Kool626

Demon Slayer
i wolud laff wen dmc5 come out every1 played it and nero turns out 2 be dante or vergil or sparda son lol every1 will be peed off

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I expect the franchise would lose alot of fans kool626.
If that happens, i will be one of those fans that will be peed off.

Top Bottom