• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Devil May Cry Game Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Devil May Cry 5

Devil May Cry 5 will take place 2 years after the events of Devil May Cry 2.

This will boast the most from Devil May Cry game play, allowing us to play as more Devil May Cry characters than ever before… In a much bigger environment. Devil May Cry 5 is set to tie up loose ends. Giving us some insight into Nero’s past, as well as an intro level designed especially for Nero… So we can play out events before Devil May Cry 4. Then, the game officially starts after you have played through that mission. The intro level for Nero can also be classed as the tutorial level for Nero, before the events of Devil May Cry 5 really unfold.

Devil May Cry 5 will show much more than your typical Devil May Cry environment. Whether it is from high up mountain tops, to City rooftops or low down underwater. Devil May Cry 5 will open up more, letting us explore around places more freely. Huge Ariel space to fly and fight, and even vehicles such as bikes can be ridden through landscapes.

Dante is a protagonist working alongside Nero. Nero’s whereabouts during Devil May Cry 2 are yet unknown, but he has returned to Devil May Cry to help find out where Dante is. Nero is informed by Lucia that Dante fought inside the Underworld, but got himself trapped there. With no hope of breaking free, Dante needs someone to enter and free him. Nero easily accepts the challenge handed to him, and leaves Kyrie behind to stay with a friend. Kyrie stays behind, but Nero can’t help but fear about her safety. Still; duty calls, and Nero rides his bike over to the place in which Dante himself entered at the end of Devil May Cry 2.

Parking outside, Nero looks around to notice the place sealed up. He draws closer, and the Devil Bringer starts to shine. Nero looks at the Devil Bringer, adding a “Huh!… Now ain’t that odd?”… He moves further to the sealed Hell Gate, and smashes it with the Devil Bringer. The gate suddenly lights, and swirls of blue surround it. The blue continues to spin around the gate, until it flies off from the gate and the blue light lands some distance behind Nero.

Nero turns his head around slowly, and the blue light starts to take the form of a human. Nero battles the creature, until finally winning the battle and putting Red Queen to the creature’s neck.

The creature merely looks up and stares at Nero’s arm.

“I knew it wouldn’t be long before a son of Sparda came.” the creature says… Nero looks like “Wtf!” and the creature returns to blue light and vanishes. The Hell Gate is opened, and Nero steps inside.

Will be updated ASAP!!!...

Characters

Nero -The New protagonist returns in Devil May Cry 5, and boasts some new moves and much better game play. Nero is now aware of most things in the demonic World, and he is explained as to where he has been since Devil May Cry 4... He talks with Lucia whilst being alongside Kyrie in the opening clip. However, Trish and Lady are nowhere to be found as of yet, and are not mentioned by the characters. They seem to be discussing Dante’s disappearance, as to which Lucia is explaining all. At that point some demons attack the place, and Lucia is killed. Nero rescues Kyrie, but can’t help Lucia… As the two leave the place quickly. Nero drops Kyrie off at safety, and then returns to kill the demons and check out Devil May Cry.

Nero.jpg

Lucia will not be a playable character in Devil May Cry 5, due to the lack of fan base surrounding her character. As Devil May Cry 2 received the worst reviews than any other Devil May Cry game.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Nice dude!

I still like it even though you killed off Lucia (I'm a Lucia fan boy). Maybe Lucia will RISE from the ASHES!

*rep 2 u

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Nice, except for the big area.
To make the most of DMC you need a very claustrophobic setting, that was a key factor to why DMC2 did so badly. It was too open.

Rep+ for a nice new thread.;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks.

But I plan to make the huge landscape covered in fire and mainly darkness to add that dark dmc1 feel to it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ +rep... Thanks man.

The Characters

Dante

Although he wasn’t much to look at in Devil May Cry 2... Dante has regained that awesome way he had before. His attitude is a mix of playful and serious. He is not so ****y, but he likes to have a slight laugh at certain things, and make small jokes. He is now stronger then ever before, allowing him to truly awaken what is within him, better than he has ever done before. This Dante is faster and stronger, and can withstand much more from several enemies. His Devil Trigger has increased slightly since Devil May Cry 2, making him slightly more demonic than usual. He has a much stronger demonic voice, and can even scare away enemies with it… This also goes for his taunts. Usually an enemy will get taunted, and carry on… But now Dante can taunt them, and they will back away slightly… Giving Dante time to think through his moves and understand how he is going to fight his way through scenarios.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
LordOfDarkness;120777 said:
Thanks.

But I plan to make the huge landscape covered in fire and mainly darkness to add that dark dmc1 feel to it.

It wasn't aesthetics I was chiefly on about, it was gameplay. A larger area means that you'd oft be knocking opponents way out of reach, detrimental to combat. It's best when combat is quite close and personal. I mean, post-apocalyptic outside settings look great but they're not so good for the combat. I'd suggest a bit of it outside in that setting but a large chunk of it inside to keep the true DMC feel and also keep the combat close and labyrinths can be very good also. It's up to you but that's what I think.;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ That is what I am going with here anyway. I only mean to add something to outside environments, making them a tinsey bit bigger, nothing too farfetched.

The main basis of the game is set in different environments. Each character plays through a different path, making it unique.

miss-darkside

Devil May Cry is god
nice concept , i like how u think dmc 5 should be free rome ( like u can move anywhere )

and thank god someone else wants an opportunity to kill Lucia

Neros past intrigues me too and id like to see them show us more of it (meaning koyobasi and the capcom gang *lol i said gang *)

maybe theyll read this and use it for insparation

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Maybe :) Who knows? I'm optimistic ;)

But I never stated free roam. I just stated to give us a feeling like we aren't confined to one entire thing. Each character being at a different location, but also meeting up at one location at certain points in the game.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Difficulties

Human *Easy* -For new players in the Devil May Cry series-

Devil Hunter -For those who have played a Devil May Cry game before, and have completed one-

Sons Of Sparda -For the more advanced players-

Descendants Must Die -For the more hardcore players-

Abandon All Hope -For the most extreme Devil May Cry players out there-

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Nice, now that you've clarified that, this is genuinely looking like a solid concept for DMC5.
Well done. Rep+

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thanks man :)

Hey... Question... With what has been said so far, would any of you guys actually buy this if this was what Devil May Cry 5 was actually like?

I am now going to be starting on Bosses.

Bosses

Nightmare
-Nightmare returns to wreak havoc, and generally appear in the most annoying places that an enemy boss battle can take place. He first appears in Mission Two with Nero in Devil May Cry 5, and subsequently you face off against him two other times in the game. Once as Nero… Once as Dante… And once as Vergil. Vergil ultimately being the one to kill him.

Nightmareart.jpg

Phantom -Phantom returns to wreak havoc in Devil May Cry 5. Who truly knows how many of these there are? Phantom’s children have been growing up ever since Devil May Cry 1, there could be endless amounts of these spider/scorpion menaces. Phantom appears along Nero and Dante's path, and will be found in fiery places. Be careful, because Phantom sometimes travels with its children.

Devil-may-cry-phantom.jpg

Diabolus -Diabolus currently resides in Fallen Grace. Diabolus serves as the Dark Lord over Fallen Grace. He is a high ranking officer under Mundus’ control, but he seeks the Ancient power believed to be held there. Who will face off against him in order to stop him from using the power? Or will someone use the power to stop him? Diabolus serves as one of Vergil’s bosses, and he has two guards always at his side. These guards are Hell-Guards, and are both a quarter of Diabolus’ strength.

UPDATED

The Hell-Keeper: A high ranking officer in Mundus’ army. Once serving as Mundus’ right hand man. Having gotten too powerful, Mundus saw him as a threat, and cast him away into another part of the Underworld. The Hell-Keeper now wanders the halls and passageways of the underground construction, seeking power. When he finds that a son of Sparda has entered into his midst, he quickly rallies up an army to trap Dante. Dante is severely outnumbered in an enclosed space, and lasts a fair while. Finally, Dante accepts defeat. His capture pleases the Hell-Keeper greatly.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
LordOfDarkness;120813 said:
^ Thanks man :)

Hey... Question... With what has been said so far, would any of you guys actually buy this if this was what Devil May Cry 5 was actually like?

I am now going to be starting on Bosses.

Bosses

Nightmare -Nightmare returns to wreak havoc, and generally appear in the most annoying places that an enemy boss battle can take place. He first appears in Mission Two with Nero in Devil May Cry 5, and subsequently you face off against him two other times in the game. Once as Nero… Once as Dante… And once as Vergil. Vergil ultimately being the one to kill him.

I was going to until you said Nightmare was going to be in it.:lol:
Just kidding, I love Nightmare really. Yes, I'd definitely pay for a game like this, thus far.;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ LMAO... I thought I'd bring back an old enemy.

Plus, I'll jot down Nightmare's moves... As he has changed a bit ;)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I actually dislike the claustraphobic settings.
I liked DMC2 for being open.

Honestly, thats my major gaffe with DMC. I like open environments. Games like Star Wars Force Unleashed and GoW gives you room to breath. Corridors are so closed in that the blade is hitting walls and ****.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
either way
LOD--if i may call u that
i would buy it too it sounds really badass of course if u mage a special edition or someting i'd proably but that too XD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
chob101;120823 said:
either way
LOD--if i may call u that
i would buy it too it sounds really badass of course if u mage a special edition or someting i'd proably but that too XD

Dude, your words are melting my heart :D

Thank you all for your comments.

More soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom