• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mundus resemblance with Frankenstein monster

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He probably didn't rape her because... ONE Sparda was also topless. They were probably just together, with their guards completely down and hell, TWO Eva had weapons (a badass scythe and glaive).

What's up with these forums bringing up rape into the story. That's just a horrible train of thought. SERIOUSLY. *slaps all of you*

Ooooooh, that's what you meant by the rape thing. I had no idea >.< My mention of it in the other thread was a total joke, though. I wouldn't think there was any rape or whatever :x

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Maybe in his features of being a false messiah (in his economic standing) and his seemingly blind right eye, but not in his name, which resembles the stuff about a pit used in a cult, ruled over by Pluto.

I haven't heard the word "Mundus" used in any Islamic pieces, doesn't follow the language conventions very well, either >.>

Rumors

Im talking about NT's take.
Im not talking about Mundus name.
His appearance, his aim and his powers..

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Look at the eye and the scars on the upper lip and chin..Am i the only one who sees a resemblance ? :p
DmC-Devil-May-Cry-Mundus.png

HA HA HA XD Oh that's MUNDUS
mundus2.jpg
??

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON ! even arkham would beat the sh!t out of this.. pussy Corporate bouncer !

that's it i give up there is NOTHING Demonic looking in this game ! Nothing !

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
...it's a disguise...you think they're just going to show you the endgame boss' true form before the game is released? Come on, man.

majeh116

...it's a disguise...you think they're just going to show you the endgame boss' true form before the game is released? Come on, man.
*squinty eyes* not sure if your taking him seriously and not realiseing hes a troll

or just playing along

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I find the new Mundus to be quite intimidating actually. The way He says "You don't **** with a God" damn near gave Me shivers the first time I saw the transition from live actor mo-cap to in-game model.

He's a banker, a top Wall Street guy. Controlling our lives through corporate manipulation and debt, rendering us forever slaves.

Also there's very little threatening about a weird bearded statue with really bad lava effects.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
What's up with these forums bringing up rape into the story. That's just a horrible train of thought. SERIOUSLY. *slaps all of you*

Totally agree with this.

I know it's supposed to be more edgy, but the whole rape thing... going too far.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
doubt it I think Mundus ripped her heart out which seems to be his thing in this game. Mabye he consumes them or something for power?

Maybe it's the only way to kill angel or demon properly by ripping out their hearts? But I think it's like you said, the heart might be the source of an angel or demon's power, so if you rip it out and consume it, you harvest that power and get stronger? That could be what Mundus is doing, and might explain that picture I saw on the Japanese website...

Suddenly I feel very uncomfortable looking at my own sig :'( *shivers* and to think I made that before all this heart ripping stuff came out. Creepy on the comparision between Mundus and the Frankenstein film though; that scene was actually what I was thinking about when I saw that art piece of Mundus ripping out Eva's heart. They must've gotten inspiration from it.

Still, what a horrible way to go:( I hope this game gives you the option to kick Mundus's ass. The character gives me the creeps.

EllDawn

Maybe it's the only way to kill angel or demon properly by ripping out their hearts? But I think it's like you said, the heart might be the source of an angel or demon's power, so if you rip it out and consume it, you harvest that power and get stronger? That could be what Mundus is doing, and might explain that picture I saw on the Japanese website...

Suddenly I feel very uncomfortable looking at my own sig :'( *shivers* and to think I made that before all this heart ripping stuff came out. Creepy on the comparision between Mundus and the Frankenstein film though; that scene was actually what I was thinking about when I saw that art piece of Mundus ripping out Eva's heart. They must've gotten inspiration from it.

Still, what a horrible way to go:( I hope this game gives you the option to kick Mundus's ass. The character gives me the creeps.

Have you ever seen the Prophecy films? They said the only way to kill an angel, half angel, anyone with angel blood, was to rip out the heart. At the end of the first movie, Lucifer eats the heart of an angel, which I'm guessing either gave him power or bound the angel to him. Maybe it was a way of taking him to hell. So it is an idea that's been used before, which means the list of inspirations is growing.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Have you ever seen the Prophecy films? They said the only way to kill an angel, half angel, anyone with angel blood, was to rip out the heart. At the end of the first movie, Lucifer eats the heart of an angel, which I'm guessing either gave him power or bound the angel to him. Maybe it was a way of taking him to hell. So it is an idea that's been used before, which means the list of inspirations is growing.
For real, that's true? And I've never heard of Prophecy until you just said.

If that's the case with what they're doing with DmC, I'm so happy not to be squirmish person XD

EllDawn

For real, that's true? And I've never heard of Prophecy until you just said.

If that's the case with what they're doing with DmC, I'm so happy not to be squirmish person XD

Yeah. lol. I don't know where they got the idea, but that's how it was done. One angel would rip out the heart, and burn the body. The first of the Prophecy films was made in 95, and, as far as I know, wasn't very well known. I would suggest watching them. There are three movies in the original series, which involves angels. The two extra sequels were done by someone else, and are supposed to follow the demons' side.

I'd be tempted to ask Tameem if there was anything inspired by these movies. If there was, I'm going to be watching for it. I've loved those movies since I was a kid. Probably because of Christopher Walken.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, I just started playing the demo again, and Mundus; shirt is completely flowing open in the painting of him attacking Eva. Just wanna point that out towards the whole idea of the paintins being more stylized in a Renaissance painting kinda way :x

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Totally agree with this.

I know it's supposed to be more edgy, but the whole rape thing... going too far.

It might be too far for you, but I think if NT can execute it properly it will be okay.

In my opinion, nothing is morally incorrect or "going too far" if the artist gets the tone and delivery right.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I personally am very skeptical that he raped her. I dunno I just don't see it as Mundus like to me. But if you want her to be raped so bad they go with that theory XD
No way
I would never want EVA to be raped
Rade is disgusting

Top Bottom