• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Like a Boss - FINAL CONFRONTATION!

Favorite final boss?

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You were waiting for it, weren't ya?

Final bosses: supposed to be the hardest ones in a game, to be the best set up, to be the ultimate climax, to make you hold your breath the most, and yeah, to make you curse the most and throw your controller out the window in rage!

And to be the one aspect of a game we remember the most.

Now things get serious! Think carefully about your pick, as this one is the most important of the Like a Boss thread series!

Let's see what we got!

- Mundus the Prince of Darkness (DMC1)

latest

- Despair Embodied (DMC2)

latest

- Vergil the Dark Slayer (DMC3)

nzk4ye.png

Obviously the third fight.

- Sanctus Diabolica (DMC4)

1852955-sanctusdiabolica.png

- Vergil (DmC)

latest

- Hollow Vergil (Vergil's Downfall)

boss_hollowvergil.jpg

My pick goes to DMC3 Vergil. That fight was thematic, it was ****ing goddamn hard like few others I've experienced in my life, and yes, in the end, also a little heartbreaking.
Easily the most memorable moment in all of the Devil May Cry's for me.

Winner of "Like a Boss - FIRE!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-fire.20807/

Berial the Conqueror of the Fire Hell

gif_zpspodfeyuc.gif

Winner of "Like a Boss - COLD!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-cold.20812/

Cerberus the Ice Guardian

gif_zps6liyk9w0.gif

Winners of "Like a Boss - MELEE!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-melee.20816/

Nelo Angelo

nelo_zpsufsokvoj.gif

Credo the One-Winged Dark Knight

credo_zpsibbuserc.gif

Winner of "Like a Boss - FLYING!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-flying.20818/

Griffon

gif_zpscbe7fqzy.gif

Winner of "Like a Boss - HUMAN!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-human.20819/

Credo the One-Winged Dark Knight

gif_zpss7vpqii4.gif

Winner of "Like a Boss - GIRL POWER!":
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/like-a-boss-girl-power.20823/

Nevan the Lightning Witch

gif_zpsszp7yarp.gif
like-a-boss-flying.20818

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Mundus all the way
trying and manipulate Dante using his family
killing griffon in cold blood
seeing the statue stand up and brake apart to Show his true form
openly mocking Dante after he basically just saw his mother die for a second time

the awesome flying segment in space
Sparda Dante shooting that BadAss Demonic energy Dragon
then the fight goes to that Volcano area surrounded by lava
and to final finish it

92Igzs.gif

JACKPOT!

i love everything about this fight

i'd say Vergil is a closes 2nd but honestly i'm not sure how close he is for me

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
This one is a no-brainer for me.

It has got to be Mundus, the Prince of darkness. The epitome of all evil. The main antagonist of Devil May Cry. The demon that Sparda betrayed. The one responsible for Eva's death. Why my mother?

The one responsible for Trish's creation. The final boss of the very first Devil May Cry game.

Mundus, hands down.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Damn it. The first 3 are so hard to decide amongst.

The Mundus fight was epic. Where else can you fly through the cosmos and then the lava pits of hell itself. It was a battle against the devil in hell and he was throwing lava, lightning, meteors, lasers and dragons at you and then he did this when you killed him. It doesn't get more metal than that.

Then you got the Despair. Just look at that thing! Then there is this and tell me that it wasn't epic as hell! It's one of the best parts of any DMC game!

And then there's Vergil. Well, it's Vergil, he didn't get his own fan club because he was tame. Who didn't need a change of underwear when they saw this!? There is a reason for that.

I'm rather confounded.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Damn it. The first 3 are so hard to decide amongst.

The Mundus fight was epic. Where else can you fly through the cosmos and then the lava pits of hell itself. It was a battle against the devil in hell and he was throwing lava, lightning, meteors, lasers and dragons at you and then he did this when you killed him. It doesn't get more metal than that.

Then you got the Despair. Just look at that thing! Then there is this and tell me that it wasn't epic as hell! It's one of the best parts of any DMC game!

And then there's Vergil. Well, it's Vergil, he didn't get his own fan club because he was tame. Who didn't need a change of underwear when they saw this!? There is a reason for that.

I'm rather confounded.
come on you got to go Mundus on this one
he's the Devil
you've got to support the team man

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well, my second choice would've been Vergil. At least Mundus will lose to a son of Sparda. Then again, what's new?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
In the end, only one is left standing!

gif_zpspqhhfzwt.gif

"Hahahaha... unfortunately our souls are at odds, brother... I - need - more - power!"

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Vergil is my choice. He is the most difficult boss I've ever faced (on DMD at least) plus he has a lot of awesome attacks like JCE and Beserk DT.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Whilst I can see why so many picked Vergil, I'd like to clarify why I didn't.

For me it wasn't about the challenge, but more so about the atmosphere. The feeling story gave off. Yes, Dante vs Vergil is obviously epic. But we'd fought him multiple times in Devil May Cry 3 and again as Nelo Angelo in DMC 1.

This was Mundus. The jackpot. The score that needed to be settled. Vergil jumps at the chance to get at the big guy. Dante's fighting for his mother, father and his brother and all of mankind. He needs to seal Mundus off, it was imperative of him to win.

That's just too good of a reason to pick that ultimate final confrontation. Because of the climatic ending with all of those things to think about. It's where for once the feel of Dante's story and his own heritage come out to play and for me that sits above simply an awesome fight.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
we'd fought him multiple times in Devil May Cry 3

That's one of the reasons why I liked it.

Each time the two get to fight represents a stage in Dante's growth both as a warrior and as a person. And the last fight is especially tragic because we got to see the two of them team up just a couple of minutes ago, act as real brothers, yet their opposite natures makes the fight inevitable in the end. A shame, ain't it?

that sits above simply an awesome fight.

Yeah but Dante vs Vergil ain't "simply an awesome fight" either. The presentation before it, and the ending after, Shimomura did a great job at shooting the scene, crafting that atmosphere of climatic final showdown, and the end, with Vergil falling down and Dante reaching for him, all without saying a word, just with the music in the background, when both brothers drop their masks and show that deep inside they love each other, makes for one hell of a thematic confrontation, that for me is unmatched in all of Devil May Cry history.

Couple that with a very hard and challenging fight, and that's why I think Vergil is the best final boss Devil May Cry has ever known.

Top Bottom