• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Like a Boss - FINAL CONFRONTATION!

Favorite final boss?

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
don't rely solely on the latter of the two like DMC3 foolishly does.

See? That's where I've got a loooooot to say about I don't find that true. Even though you're never gonna acknowledge it.

I'd even dispute what you intended when I said "character through action", as from your reply I gather you and I have a different conception of what that means too.

However we're getting outta topic now, if you're interested PM me some other time, it's 1 am here and ya know... even Predators got to sleep. Nice chat, Wolf.

EDIT: re-reading your post in the previous page... man, you really misunderstand a few things about the Lady/Dante plot point and Dante/Vergil relationship till that point. Well, look, since the discussion is now concluded and would go off topic, we could have a PM conversation sometime... mods always recommend bringing off topic to PM. I trust the conversation would be like the one we just had.

Last edited:

outoftheblue

Vergil DMC3. Epic final battle. The fight, the theme, the music....Everything. Still waiting for that level of greatness to return to the series. Nothing in DMC has moved me again like that final battle. Or the whole game.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 Yeah, but, I would have to check it out, wasn´t he involved in DMC4?

Yes he was. You can clearly distinguish his style of filming in the DMC4 cutscenes. Cinematography is stellar just like it was in DMC3, but the final battle is not nearly as thematic and epic.

Honestly, I don't think it's Shimomura's fault though, it's the characters. I mean, Vergil > Sanctus by A LOT. However, he's still a very valuable asset for Capcom to have and I do think they can only achieve DMC3's greatness with him on board. Yeah they failed to do so in DMC4 but we all know the troubled dev process it went through. With a decent dev cycle, I think it's perfectly achievable.

Last edited:

outoftheblue

@Foxtrot94 Oh, I have nothing against the way the cutscenes were filmed. You´re right, they are fantastic. It´s just everything else we talked about; themes and character arcs, story....
Sure, Kobayashi didn´t help either, neither did the dev process you mentioned, but still....
Of course, I want Shimomura on board, right now he´s the only steady reference in the franchise for me.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
@Foxtrot94 Oh, I have nothing against the way the cutscenes were filmed. You´re right, they are fantastic. It´s just everything else we talked about; themes and character arcs, story....
Sure, Kobayashi didn´t help either, neither did the dev process you mentioned, but still....
Of course, I want Shimomura on board, right now he´s the only steady reference in the franchise for me.
Both Shimomura and U'Den Flame Works have worked on both the cutscenes in Devil May Cry and the Resident Evil series, with RE6 being their most recent work...rest assured, if there's a Capcom game being made, they'll be attached to it.

They also did the cutscenes for both Bayonetta games.

Top Bottom