• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about the Tokusatsu genre

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well I started watching Kamen Rider Ghost, and despite my initial fears it's actually pretty good so far.

Green Ranger vs Black Ranger

What about KR Ghost gave you the fears? You didn't think it would live up to it's premise?

Which Green and Black Ranger? Mighty Morphin Green and Black Ranger? Zeo Green? Green Turbo? Black InSpace Ranger? Black Wild Force? Black Dino Charge Ranger? WHO SIR? WHO?! :eek:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
What about KR Ghost gave you the fears? You didn't think it would live up to it's premise?
When I heard about the synopsis, I feared it would be like Wizard which is by far my least favourite of the Neo-Heisei series, and one of two KR shows I never finished.

But a friend told me that it really felt like a traditional KR show, they ride motorcycles regularly, they call themselves "Kamen Riders" etc. After that I was curious and so I gave it a go and am loving it so far. ♡

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
When I heard about the synopsis, I feared it would be like Wizard which is by far my least favourite of the Neo-Heisei series, and one of two KR shows I never finished.

But a friend told me that it really felt like a traditional KR show, they ride motorcycles regularly, they call themselves "Kamen Riders" etc. After that I was curious and so I gave it a go and am loving it so far. ♡

:eek: But, but how could you dislike Haruto? He'd make Homer Simpson proud with his daily donut intake. Honestly, I think Gou (from Drive) has traveled on a bike far more than any Heisei Rider period. Although Takeru is more likeable than Haruto. I'll give you that.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Gou and Chase were the two greatest things about Drive. As for Heisei, it varies from show to show.

Haruto was sooo boring, I tried to watch the Wizard/Gaim crossover movie, but I fell asleep during the Wizard half. Honestly, I like the more sci-fi shows than the fantasy ones like Wizard.

Hibiki was the other KR show I didn't finish btw.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I haven't seen Hibiki actually. But the idea of the show makes me what to watch it. (I like fantasy clearly.)
ALSO! You forgot to add Shinnosuke and Kiriko to that list sir. Heart as well. Medic was pure eye candy, and Brain... Well he was fun to hate. You just liked Chase's tight purple pants... :bored:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man I'm tempted to buy the new Rider War game for the PS4. I believe the Ps4 can play Japanese games, right?
I love Dynasty Warriors type games and this just begs me to buy it.

Hongo's final transformation huh? The character's last bug hurrah it seems. They better not pull a Kamen Rider The First and The Next on him! He does not deserve Rider #2's fate. (The movie version)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill him off, but I'll be mighty sad. That's my childhood hero right there. :'(

I thought that #2's fate was fitting considering the circumstances. Though I was a little disappointed with The Next in general.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Next was just a weird movie period. It's amazing what drugs can do to the brain.

The better question is where is Ichimonji? All this is happening to Hongo and his cyborg co-star is missing in action? Toei makes it a habit to hitch those two in everything, so where is Ichimonji Toei? Where?

Top Bottom