• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lack Of Maturity Regarding Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

In all honesty, if I saw this trailer and it was for a whole new game with a whole other title and the main protagonist called himself something else, I would be like "Oh great, another Devil May Cry rip-off". I think he reminds me like Dante, with his quirky, self-confident smile before he jumps down the building, the guns, the doll-like demons and the overall feeling of the trailer. Unlike others, I got the familiar feeling when I saw the trailer and I could see the ressemblance between the trailer and the past DMC games. I think that many choose not to see the ressemblance, because they don't want to believe that this is the next Devil May Cry game and that Dante's appearance has been changed like this.

Denial is the shield of those who don't want to face reality. Yes, I get why many are disappointed, but saying that this isn't Devil May Cry and this isn't Dante is wishful thinking of those who don't want it to be true. And I am not saying that those who dislike these changes have to change their minds and suddenly like it, but maybe try and start accepting the fact that the days of the Dante and DMC we know and love might be over with this reboot. And then you can decide wether to embrace the changes or not.

... and now I guess someone will counter this post with reasons why this isn't Dante and this isn't Devil May Cry, or maybe even say I'm not a true fan for thinking like this?

Meg

^ Personally I think that was well said. The music throws it off in my opinion, but there are some recognizable DMC elements in the trailer.

Asmodaius

meg127;277407 said:
^ Personally I think that was well said. The music throws it off in my opinion, but there are some recognizable DMC elements in the trailer.

Indeed, the music seem somewhat off, but from the interviews with Ninja Theory they have shown their awareness of the musical part of Devil May Cry is an important part of the franchise. However, I have a feeling that the music will also be with a more modern touch than what we have previously heard in the past games. Metal and heavy rock have been the music-genres throughout the series, but lately electronic music has made a rise in mainstream pop-culture, so we might expect the music to be somewhat like that. And I don't mean that Lady GaGa (yes, I went there) would pop up all of a sudden and sing the intro song or anything like that, but that the metal and heavy rock might have an electronic touch to it.

Meg

^ I'm thinking more pop rock sounding music. You know like upbeat and catchy. (Note: I also hate pop rock :lol:)

Asmodaius

meg127;277419 said:
^ I'm thinking more pop rock sounding music. You know like upbeat and catchy. (Note: I also hate pop rock :lol:)

You mean like... Green Day and such? -shudders-
Well, it would just give the haters more reason to call Dante emo then. XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually like Green Day. >.>

And honestly, I don't care what music it is as long as it fits the mood. Like Bayonetta's music. Out of it's context, it's really weird to listen to, but in game, it certainly fits. If they get the music to fit the mood, it'll be good in my book.

Asmodaius

Storm Silves;277423 said:
I actually like Green Day. >.>

And honestly, I don't care what music it is as long as it fits the mood. Like Bayonetta's music. Out of it's context, it's really weird to listen to, but in game, it certainly fits. If they get the music to fit the mood, it'll be good in my book.

True, Bayonetta is this over-the-top japanese culture game, and the music fits perfectly to it! At first I couldn't stop laughing because of the music so I... well... I kept dying all the time. It distracted me, okay?!! But anyways, as I played along, I started to feel the mood of the game and how the gameplay, storyline, graphics and music fit together so well.

But... that is rather off-topic... erh... Out with immaturity! Boooh!! :3

Edit: How befitting, my status thingy now reads "Jammin'"! XD

Meg

Asmodaius;277421 said:
You mean like... Green Day and such? -shudders-
Well, it would just give the haters more reason to call Dante emo then. XD

No. I don't mean any specific band, just that music sound.

Vampi

Asmodaius;277380 said:
In all honesty, if I saw this trailer and it was for a whole new game with a whole other title and the main protagonist called himself something else, I would be like "Oh great, another Devil May Cry rip-off". I think he reminds me like Dante, with his quirky, self-confident smile before he jumps down the building, the guns, the doll-like demons and the overall feeling of the trailer. Unlike others, I got the familiar feeling when I saw the trailer and I could see the ressemblance between the trailer and the past DMC games. I think that many choose not to see the ressemblance, because they don't want to believe that this is the next Devil May Cry game and that Dante's appearance has been changed like this.

Denial is the shield of those who don't want to face reality. Yes, I get why many are disappointed, but saying that this isn't Devil May Cry and this isn't Dante is wishful thinking of those who don't want it to be true. And I am not saying that those who dislike these changes have to change their minds and suddenly like it, but maybe try and start accepting the fact that the days of the Dante and DMC we know and love might be over with this reboot. And then you can decide wether to embrace the changes or not.

... and now I guess someone will counter this post with reasons why this isn't Dante and this isn't Devil May Cry, or maybe even say I'm not a true fan for thinking like this?

Uh, what smile? He didn't smile at all. Probably a very hint of a smirk. But that's not a smile. He doesn't give off the vibe of being quirky. Self-confidence? Maybe. More like a A-Hole though.

Have you seen the past DMC trailers? There nothing like this. In the past DMC trailers, we got crazy looking cutscenes with spoken dialogue that didn't repeat itself (unlike this trailer). They showed us various environments and what outlandish stuff Dante was capable of. This trailer felt very bland in comparison to the past DMC trailers.

I don't know what kind of mind altering substance you're on. But fans can clearly see that this game doesn't give off the DMC vibe. Everything feels so bland and foreign. Sumthing that a longtime series shouldn't feel like.

If we're in denial, then you're totally delusional. I mean seriously you try to spin this off as a new Rebooted DMC game. But then at the same time you keep comparing it to the old DMC games. Make up your mind! Then again, you're in the same league as Capcom and NT. They don't know where this game takes place or even if its a reboot or prequel.

And don't give me that stuff in you saying you understand. Obviously you don't. You keep saying DMC fans don't have to change their minds, but yet again, at the same time you keep contradicting yourself and say "Well, he's the new Dante. So deal with it". Besides, your actions on this forum speak for themselves. You keep arguing with people who have doubts about the game, even though you said long ago that you wouldn't reply to anything negative about the game. You keep going back and forth with what you say.

And why can't people counter your reply? Is it that you only want people who agree with you to respond to you?

And don't think you're that mature. Talking bad about people who don't like the game isn't very mature. And i've seen it in your other posts.

Your blind devotion to this unknown game just astounds me.

Vampi;277521 said:
Uh, what smile? He didn't smile at all. Probably a very hint of a smirk. But that's not a smile. He doesn't give off the vibe of being quirky. Self-confidence? Maybe. More like a A-Hole though.

Have you seen the past DMC trailers? There nothing like this. In the past DMC trailers, we got crazy looking cutscenes with spoken dialogue that didn't repeat itself (unlike this trailer). They showed us various environments and what outlandish stuff Dante was capable of. This trailer felt very bland in comparison to the past DMC trailers.

I don't know what kind of mind altering substance you're on. But fans can clearly see that this game doesn't give off the DMC vibe. Everything feels so bland and foreign. Sumthing that a longtime series shouldn't feel like.

If we're in denial, then you're totally delusional. I mean seriously you try to spin this off as a new Rebooted DMC game. But then at the same time you keep comparing it to the old DMC games. Make up your mind! Then again, you're in the same league as Capcom and NT. They don't know where this game takes place or even if its a reboot or prequel.

And don't give me that stuff in you saying you understand. Obviously you don't. You keep saying DMC fans don't have to change their minds, but yet again, at the same time you keep contradicting yourself and say "Well, he's the new Dante. So deal with it". Besides, your actions on this forum speak for themselves. You keep arguing with people who have doubts about the game, even though you said long ago that you wouldn't reply to anything negative about the game. You keep going back and forth with what you say.

And why can't people counter your reply? Is it that you only want people who agree with you to respond to you?

And don't think you're that mature. Talking bad about people who don't like the game isn't very mature. And i've seen it in your other posts.

Your blind devotion to this unknown game just astounds me.

This was just a teaser you know <_<, not a real trailer :\.
You have yours opinion we have ours sooooo, nothing here to say or prove anymore.
I think that all has been already said and proved.
Either way we have new DMC.

Vampi

Read Asmoadaius post. He was the one who compared it to past DMC trailers. Or do you choose to just ignore his post and just concentrate on me to twist my words.

Vampi;277536 said:
Read Asmoadaius post. He was the one who compared it to past DMC trailers. Or do you choose to just ignore his post and just concentrate on me to twist my words.

Noooo,why would i want to twist you words. You said that ou don´t see any resemblance to other DMC trailers (tell me if i´m wrong) so i think you too compared it to other DMC trailers.
And i didn´t say he did not mistaken too.
You said that i correct Asmodaius not you, but you have made a mistake too.
I see it that you like debates very much ^_^.

moseslmpg

She is entertaining Asmo's position, she isn't taking it up as her own.

It's like if Asmo said the sun was actually a lemon pie, and then Vampi said, "ok if we assume the sun is a lemon pie, then X Y Z." You go to the source of the mistake not someone who is pointing out the flaws of the mistake. :rolleyes:

Easy Version: Vampi is saying you can't compare it to past DMC trailers because it is nothing like them.

moseslmpg;277539 said:
She is entertaining Asmo's position, she isn't taking it up as her own.

It's like if Asmo said the sun was actually a lemon pie, and then Vampi said, "ok if we assume the sun is a lemon pie, then X Y Z." You go to the source of the mistake not someone who is pointing out the flaws of the mistake. :rolleyes:

Easy Version: Vampi is saying you can't compare it to past DMC trailers because it is nothing like them.

Vampi is smart then (using others mistakes to prove smth).
Before she went into a debate she could´ve just pointed that mistake to him.

fox

Subject 64432B;277542 said:
Vampi is smart then (using others mistakes to prove smth).
Before she went into a debate she could´ve just pointed that mistake to him.

If you read Vampi's post, you will see that she pointed out Asmoadaius's mistake using that debate, she did'nt use Asmoadaius's mistake to prove anything.

Please stop trying to ignore what she said by pointing out things that do not matter.

Asmodaius

Vampi... You crack me up. XD
You keep disagreeing with everything I say for some reason, and that's alright, don't get me wrong. You got your own opinion and I got mine. ^^ moseslmpg is doing it somewhat too, but oh well, can't agree with them all. But honestly, I can't help but giggling for myself when reading your replies, because for some reason we have antagonized eachother. I don't want to do that anymore, because it's quite the moodkiller to the others. Like Subject 64432B getting caught into our disagreements by defending my post. Sorry Subject, I didn't mean for people to start fighting because of my post.

However, to the point. First of all, I wasn't comparing the DmC teaser trailer with the past DMC trailers. I was comparing the feeling I got from the DmC trailer with the feeling I got from the past DMC -games-. So you misunderstood me there and sorry if I didn't express that properly. The same with what I mean with this being a reboot with new elements as well as some familiar ones from the past games - elements I find familiar, that is. I don't mean to contradict myself, but what I write makes sense in my head, because I know what I mean and then it seems to fail when others try and understand the meaning of it.

Oh, and also, I have written this to you before Vampi, but I can change my mind about something. I don't mind people being flexible about their thoughts and opinions, so I do so myself when I find myself corrected. So yeah, I guess it comes off as me contradicting myself - like when I wrote that I wouldn't reply to certain posts and then I do it anyways later on. That's because I want to be part of this community - I'm a Devil May Cry fan as well. So I realized that blocking myself out from others posts was just ridiculous.

But yeah, I guess I've been bad at pointing fingers at those who seems to dislike the reboot. To all you who doesn't like the reboot, I'm sorry for bonking you on the head because of it. It was unfair of me. We all have different opinions, and I'd love to discuss them with you, wether they are positive or negative, and if it just end with bashing and colliding then I hope we can just agree to disagree. Enforcing one's views on others isn't alright, so we should try not to.

About how to look at the reboot's Dante - To me, it is still Dante. It's a re-envision of him, yes, but I still see him as Dante. That's -my- opinion. I admit when reading that others write "That's not Dante" I want try and make them understand that it -is- Dante. But that's because to -me- he is. That's forcing my opinion on others and I apologize for that. But when I write "This is Dante" I get the same responce from other, trying to tell me that it isn't Dante, because they don't see it as Dante... And then we end up in this viscious circle where we just end up repeating ourselves.

Sometimes I can't help but poking a bit at the haters though, and I mean those who really are raging fans! Hence the picture I posted in the other thread and my sig-text. If you get really offended by those small things, then it's because you don't get my sense of humour.

I am a bit offended though by being called delusional and having blind devotion to this game. I didn't mean to come of like that. I'm just being positive and hoping that the reboot is going to be great, and I base that positivity of what I have seen so far. But I guess I deserved that one because I said those who doesn't recognize this as DMC and Dante as Dante are in denial. We shouldn't get all personal at one another.

The last couple of lines I wrote in my post was because I more or less expected you or one of the others to completely rip my post apart, because someone always seem to do so, in most cases you or moses. Also I'd like to mention I don't do any form of drugs, I don't smoke or drink either, so I am not on anything.

I think that was all of it. Is there something I missed explaining, then please do tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom